Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    theres been loads of theads like this but just wanted some opinions. i woke up today feeling terrible, had a sore throat and headache and generally not feeling good.

ive got my biology AS exam on Wednesday, and while im not too worried about not being able to revise much over the next few days (ive revised quite a lot already) im worried about the exam. My friend was really ill over christmas with a flu type thing, and i think ive caught this of them.

what do i do in this situation? i know you can get a doctors note but do i have to go to the doctors and get this before the exam? do i need some kind of form and where would i get one from?
    to be honest i doubt id get any extra points or whatever the exam board would do, but its worth a shot trying to get a doctors note.

thanks

ReputationRep:
    Generally you can only miss an exam for illness if you absolutely cannot come in, e.g. projectile vomiting, serious flu where you can't get out of bed, etc (you'll have to persuade a doctor to come out to see you). You can't get it off for a cold.
    I'm sure you'll get over the worst of it by Wednesday. Just drink loads of fluids, fresh fruit and veg, hot drinks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ***OpenSky***)
    theres been loads of theads like this but just wanted some opinions. i woke up today feeling terrible, had a sore throat and headache and generally not feeling good.

ive got my biology AS exam on Wednesday, and while im not too worried about not being able to revise much over the next few days (ive revised quite a lot already) im worried about the exam. My friend was really ill over christmas with a flu type thing, and i think ive caught this of them.

what do i do in this situation? i know you can get a doctors note but do i have to go to the doctors and get this before the exam? do i need some kind of form and where would i get one from?
    to be honest i doubt id get any extra points or whatever the exam board would do, but its worth a shot trying to get a doctors note.

thanks
    What do you want the doctors note to achieve? Do you not want to sit the exam, or do you want them to take in to account that you're ill when marking?

I think it's a waste of time, and a bit of a cop out, to get a doctors note. You said you only have a headache and a sore throat. So get some paracetamol / co-codamol, get some ice cream / soothers / cold drinks and do some revision. This is the perfect time to do some last minute revision.

Surely it's better to spend your time and energy doing this, than trying to get a doctors note? Which you a) may have to pay for and b) most likely won't get as you only have a cold / flu.

ReputationRep:
    Just stick it out, it's not too serious an illness, you'll be fine, exam boards won't give you extra credit or anything like that for this type of thing, and you won't be able to get out of the exam for this

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.