Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'll need a job someday but I'm good for nothing. Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caedus)
    Shame, you don't have to be skilled at anything to become a model.
    ...I'm 4 ft 10. hardly model material.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrHappy_J)
    promoted? no. i just need something to get out of my parents' hair really.
    even cleaning jobs require previous experience these days.
    You won't get all the important experience unless you start from somewhere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by politics_student)
    You won't get all the important experience unless you start from somewhere.
    what experience? to gain experience you need experience in the first place.

i think i've exhausted all possibilities, I give up.

ReputationRep:
    Housewife?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caedus)
    Housewife?
    I'd need a husband for that.

ReputationRep:
    Jeez, get out and do something, girl. This is how you win in this life

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    What's so confusing? She probably started uni when she was 18, therefore she would have started 3rd year at age 20. I think a lot of people do it that way too.

There are many more different types of apprenticeships than just hairdressing: http://www.apprenticeships.org.uk/Ty...ticeships.aspx

In some cases, apprenticeships could guarantee you a job more than a degree or no experience could, so it's worth a think about. Just think of things you might like to do and do your research.
    sorry, my bad kinda had a brain freeze :P

ReputationRep:
    What's so confusing? She probably started uni when she was 18, therefore she would have started 3rd year at age 20. I think a lot of people do it that way too.

There are many more different types of apprenticeships than just hairdressing: http://www.apprenticeships.org.uk/Ty...ticeships.aspx

In some cases, apprenticeships could guarantee you a job more than a degree or no experience could, so it's worth a think about. Just think of things you might like to do and do your research.
    theres nothing in there i can see myself doing tbh.

apprenticeship in campaigning? lool.

ReputationRep:
    you can chill wid me if you want? be my ***** innit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrjackherer)
    you can chill wid me if you want? be my ***** innit.
    Online pimpin brooo

💷Certified 💷

ReputationRep:
    theres nothing in there i can see myself doing tbh.

apprenticeship in campaigning? lool.
    Is there not one thing in life you'd be even be remotely interested in trying? Surely you can't make a thread like this and then just knock everything?

Also, I don't think you replied to my working holiday idea. The UK doesn't have the best job market, so you may as well go abroad to somewhere better (probably not Spain :p:) if you can and want to. You can do fun packages like this or this. Maybe something like that could help cheer you up as well as find inspiration for a job you'd like to do? If not Australia, then there are other countries where you can do a similar thing as well :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Is there not one thing in life you'd be even be remotely interested in trying? Surely you can't make a thread like this and then just knock everything?

Also, I don't think you replied to my working holiday idea. The UK doesn't have the best job market, so you may as well go abroad to somewhere better (probably not Spain :p:) if you can and want to. You can do fun packages like this or this. Maybe something like that could help cheer you up as well as find inspiration for a job you'd like to do? If not Australia, then there are other countries where you can do a similar thing as well :yep:
    i mentioned in another post that i'm scared of flying.
    and even if i could, i dont have the money to travel.

ReputationRep:
    Why are you scared of flying? Tbf, when I was a kid and boarding planes, I used to feel a bit anxious about plane crashes, until I eventually came to terms with the fact that plane crashes are relatively rare compared to the high percentage of planes that don't crash, therefore I stopped worrying

Failing that, just travel to where you want by ship, trains, buses, etc. It'll take a lot longer, but at least it's possible if you're that keen to avoid planes. If there's a will, there's a way

Also, couldn't your parents at least lend you a bit of money to go travelling? Especially since you're already relying on them anyway, and it'd be a way of you beginning to gain the independence that you and they both want for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StudentNeedingHelp)
    Online pimpin brooo

������Certified ������
    Trust meh :gthumb:

ReputationRep:
    If you can do nothing else, at least learn to capitalise your 'I's

ReputationRep:
    Why are you scared of flying? Tbf, when I was a kid and boarding planes, I used to feel a bit anxious about plane crashes, until I eventually came to terms with the fact that plane crashes are relatively rare compared to the high percentage of planes that don't crash, therefore I stopped worrying

Failing that, just travel to where you want by ship, trains, buses, etc. It'll take a lot longer, but at least it's possible if you're that keen to avoid planes. If there's a will, there's a way

Also, couldn't your parents at least lend you a bit of money to go travelling? Especially since you're already relying on them anyway, and it'd be a way of you beginning to gain the independence that you and they both want for you.
    it's just that every single time i've boarded a plane recently there's always turbulences. the sensation of the plane dropping just freaks me out.

i couldn't get enough money i'd need to travel somewhere really far like australia. my parents are strapped for cash and it wouldnt be fair.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hanvyj)
    Gordale Scar! Its really good place for families with the campsite being so close, super cheap too. Good place for kids to play like I remember doing.

2 minutes away from Janet's Foss, another of my favorite places:

and 15 minutes away from the amasing Malham cove:

The view from the limestone paving at the top of there... Paddling in the stream at the bottom.... Man I love that place

The yorkshire dales is one of my favorite places on the planet. I can spend hours just driving round it. There is always something that is beautiful, even in the dead of winter its charming.

It also lets me take cool pictures of my car wherever I am

Attachment 191515

Sorry if anyone is on a phone lol, I just ruined your bill

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    You're really infuriating with your 'Oh, poor me' attitude. I initially thought you were in a bit of a pickle, and just needed some motivation and suggestions. But countless TSR-ers have tried their best to help you, posting lengthy comments, yet ALL of your replies seem whiny and pessimistic and plain negative. This wouldn't be so bad if you hadn't shot down every single suggestion/advice given, using the silliest reasons and justifications as to why.
    "Oh, I can't do Mechanincs. I'm a girl."

Grow a backbone, stop thinking in terms of what you can't do and start thinking in terms of what you CAN do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheReckless)
    You're really infuriating with your 'Oh, poor me' attitude. I initially thought you were in a bit of a pickle, and just needed some motivation and suggestions. But countless TSR-ers have tried their best to help you, posting lengthy comments, yet ALL of your replies seem whiny and pessimistic and plain negative. This wouldn't be so bad if you hadn't shot down every single suggestion/advice given, using the silliest reasons and justifications as to why.
    "Oh, I can't do Mechanincs. I'm a girl."

Grow a backbone, stop thinking in terms of what you can't do and start thinking in terms of what you CAN do.
    if you were as unskilled and untalented as i am you wouldn't like it either.
    of course I'm not going to become a mechanic.

ReputationRep:
    if you were as unskilled and untalented as i am you wouldn't like it either.
    of course I'm not going to become a mechanic.
    You're either genuinely delusional or a very dedicated troll.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.