Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'll need a job someday but I'm good for nothing. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dendodge)
    Yes, it's just not a legal one.

If you want to prostitute yourself, go ahead...
    it was hypothetical.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    Really, it's that low? I would have thought it was closer to 50% tbh, with the number of people who seem to think it's strange not to go to uni.
    Tbf, I got it from http://www.kgbanswers.co.uk/what-per...ersity/2819301, but a fairer representation is http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-11438140 (claims 35% leaving with degrees, about a third of the way down).

The article is 2010 too. I was just trying to raise the OP's self esteem a bit, though.

ReputationRep:
    Stop taking this thread srs when she said Dubai is a 3rd world country

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrHappy_J)
    life is miserable anyway. people spend their lives toiling away and then retire at 75 when it's too late to enjoy anything. and children spend most of their time at school so no time to enjoy life then either.

when i applied it was 45% of people going to university at 18. that might have changed because of the fees. either way it means nothing now.
    Ok.... every idea people have suggested you've shot down! Yeah working is **** but its a part of life and there will be stuff you're good at but you wont find out by sitting on your ****ing arse now will you?! If you want a job then keep applying and don't be fussy. They say its easier to get a job once you've had one.

Also, if you really can't see enjoyment in life i really recommend seeing a dr because as other posters have suggested your apathy towards life does seem like it could be depression.

ReputationRep:
    hi,

well im 20 and i wont be able to rely on my parents forever but i honestly dont see what i can do apart from living off the state I'm not good at anything, I have no interests. I've had to quit uni in my third year as i was finding it too hard so i have no qualifications.
    ive been thinking of moving to spain to be with my mum but it's too much to think about and i can only live with her on the condition that im in work or studying. but theres nothing im good for and im sick of education. and my spanish isnt as good as it used to be, ive got poor cognitive skills so ive lost most of it. and there are no jobs there either.
    If you quit your degree in your first year you would still have gotten some sort of certificate for the first two years?! Every little bit counts.

I found it really hard to find a job after uni as well and applied for lots of stuff. Eventually I got a unpaid work experience placement at my local council through job centre plus. That enabled me to get some basic experience in an office environment and hardly a month later I managed to get onto a graduate scheme

There must be something you enjoy. What do you on a regular day? Do you sit on the sofa all day long? There must be something that makes you happy, gives you joy. If university isn't for you, maybe look around your local college and see if there are courses that are more practical and something you would like.

Thinking so negatively and thinking oh I can't do anything, im no good is definitely not going to get you anywhere. If you want change, it starts with you!

ReputationRep:
    What the hell is the point of this thread? Just someone else moaning on and not taking in any suggestions at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 22KT22)
    Ok.... every idea people have suggested you've shot down! Yeah working is **** but its a part of life and there will be stuff you're good at but you wont find out by sitting on your ****ing arse now will you?! If you want a job then keep applying and don't be fussy. They say its easier to get a job once you've had one.

Also, if you really can't see enjoyment in life i really recommend seeing a dr because as other posters have suggested your apathy towards life does seem like it could be depression.
    ive seen the doctor. they dont help at all, just keep giving me more pills that dont work.
    im due for some psychiatric treatment but it feels like it's too little too late.
    nhs really dont help when it comes to mental health problems.

why do some people have to toil away for the rest of their lives in order to eat while others are just handed everything on a plate? it's completely unfair.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pop_tart)
    If you quit your degree in your first year you would still have gotten some sort of certificate for the first two years?! Every little bit counts.

I found it really hard to find a job after uni as well and applied for lots of stuff. Eventually I got a unpaid work experience placement at my local council through job centre plus. That enabled me to get some basic experience in an office environment and hardly a month later I managed to get onto a graduate scheme

There must be something you enjoy. What do you on a regular day? Do you sit on the sofa all day long? There must be something that makes you happy, gives you joy. If university isn't for you, maybe look around your local college and see if there are courses that are more practical and something you would like.

Thinking so negatively and thinking oh I can't do anything, im no good is definitely not going to get you anywhere. If you want change, it starts with you!
    i didn't get any certificate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pawsies)
    You should change your username.

Mr Happy is not an appropriate name for you
    It is for the irony.

ReputationRep:
    yes i have a low iq. im retarded
    Perfect attributes for a Daily Mail columnist.

ReputationRep:
    i didn't get any certificate.
    Ring up your uni and ask them to send it to you!

ReputationRep:
    Retail is always a good place to start. Work hard and show you're responsible and you'll be a supervisor in no time. Once you have keyholder training under your belt, you will be able to pretty much pick and choose which store you work for. They prefer already trained up keyholders, and you get there by starting as a sales assistant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CatSnads)
    Retail is always a good place to start. Work hard and show you're responsible and you'll be a supervisor in no time. Once you have keyholder training under your belt, you will be able to pretty much pick and choose which store you work for. They prefer already trained up keyholders, and you get there by starting as a sales assistant.
    most sales assistant positions require previous experience.

ReputationRep:
    I think you're in a bad place right now. You need to look into way you feel like you are worth nothing and motivate yourself. Have you low self-esteem?

ReputationRep:
    I love the irony of your username... MrHappy who is clearly not happy.

ReputationRep:
    promoted? no. i just need something to get out of my parents' hair really.
    even cleaning jobs require previous experience these days.
    set up your own cleaning business, easy and cheap

for the cost of a ladder, bucket and rag you have your own window washing business, use you library printer print some flyers and post them through local doors = not hard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rattusratus)
    set up your own cleaning business, easy and cheap

for the cost of a ladder, bucket and rag you have your own window washing business, use you library printer print some flyers and post them through local doors = not hard
    for the money that would provide me i dont think id stoop that low.

Im too unfit to be climbing up ladders with heavy buckets and cleaning windows.

ReputationRep:
    so basically your lazy and want an easy life

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rattusratus)
    so basically your lazy and want an easy life
    yes i want an easy life. i wouldn't say i'm lazy or I wouldn't have bothered with uni in the first place.

how many people on here would be content with being a window cleaner? I daresay, not many.

ReputationRep:
    yes i want an easy life. i wouldn't say i'm lazy or I wouldn't have bothered with uni in the first place.

how many people on here would be content with being a window cleaner? I daresay, not many.
    If I really needed a job but had a gajillion reasons not to do any of the other things in this thread, then I'd settle for window-cleaning.

But then, I'm open to trying things and working for stuff...

You can't just expect to waltz straight into a high-paid desk job. Just write a CV, print off a bunch of copies, and hand it in to every single shop within travelling distance of your home. All you pay for is the printing, and there's a decent chance one of them will call you back. You have nothing to lose, and nothing ventured = nothing gained.

Or do something on your own, like cleaning houses or windows, because then your job is guaranteed, and it's something there's always demand for.

Or, since you don't like the idea of manual labour... If you're the creative type, you could try writing a column for the local newspaper or something - small local papers are often looking for new things to fill space. You don't have to get your hands dirty to do that, and there's a lot of potential to go further, although it's a lot more difficult to get the job in the first place.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.