Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'll need a job someday but I'm good for nothing. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iron Lady)
    Sorry, I meant to say teaching assistant course. She was accepted on the ground she did voluntary hours in the primary school too. So it can be done if you're dedicated. However, with some people they collapse at the first hurdle and expect the government to kiss them goodnight.
    Point in question - the OP is not in any way dedicated. :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fuzzpig)
    Point in question - the OP is not in any way dedicated. :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha.

ReputationRep:
    @TS

you are a girl, how could uni ever be hard for you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrHappy_J)
    ive seen the doctor. they dont help at all, just keep giving me more pills that dont work.
    im due for some psychiatric treatment but it feels like it's too little too late.
    nhs really dont help when it comes to mental health problems.

why do some people have to toil away for the rest of their lives in order to eat while others are just handed everything on a plate? it's completely unfair.
    Because unfortunately that's life.

If they aren't working then go back to the doctor and badger them until you get something that does. Unfortunately anti-depressents wont work straight aware and can take a few months to work however regular exercise and eating right can also help you to feel better. There are things you can do to help too. If you haven't got an appointment yet ask your dr how long psychiatric treatment can take, i know the NHS arent great when it comes to mental health but sometimes you have to be a bit proactibe and argue to get it sorted. You obviously want it sorted else you wouldn't post her

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fuzzpig)
    "Teacher training course" is not "teaching assistant".

My mother is a teacher and knows exactly what's going on with them, I myself have also applied for exactly that type of job the poster was talking about, knowing that I meet their requirements. I have also had a lengthy discussion about this on a clinical psychology forum and I am not the only person who has experienced this. This is something particularly seen in the new academies.

There are higher level teaching assistants who have completed training courses and can take lessons - OP will not be eligible for any of these posts.

As for general teaching assistant posts - the savvy schools have in fact started turning towards the idea of getting in psychology graduates to become their TAs as they are able to spin it as relevant experience. They are thus able to impress parents and governors more. It's also particularly relevant in the rising recognition of learning and behavioural difficulties in young people. It's becoming increasingly difficult for someone with no experience or degree to become a normal teaching assistant.

Like I said. It's not necessarily impossible but it's certainly more difficult. It is not something that the OP will simply be able to breeze into due to the fact that she cannot be bothered to do anything else.

As such, you would surely realise that this means (if you had read through the thread) that OP is illegible not only as she cannot beat this new element of competition, but also that she is a lazy sod who will not put the effort in to beat this competition.

Calm yourself down lass.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm not a lazy sod. I just don't have an innate desire to compete.
    As you pointed out I'm ineligible because I don't have a degree. That last bit was just unnecessary.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cyxstudio)
    @TS

you are a girl, how could uni ever be hard for you?
    you what?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 22KT22)
    Because unfortunately that's life.

If they aren't working then go back to the doctor and badger them until you get something that does. Unfortunately anti-depressents wont work straight aware and can take a few months to work however regular exercise and eating right can also help you to feel better. There are things you can do to help too. If you haven't got an appointment yet ask your dr how long psychiatric treatment can take, i know the NHS arent great when it comes to mental health but sometimes you have to be a bit proactibe and argue to get it sorted. You obviously want it sorted else you wouldn't post her
    I did badger my GP, I saw her every week and when I finally got assessed it was "see you again in 3 weeks". And I've been on AD's for years now.

sod them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissLightyear)
    That may be true, but it also means there's some that dont require experience. Even the ones that do ask for experience dont always require it if you show you'd be good at it.
    "some". :rolleyes: how likely is it that there'll be a position that requires no experience whatsoever, when all the other major retail places are asking for it?
    not very, I imagine.

ReputationRep:
    "some". :rolleyes: how likely is it that there'll be a position that requires no experience whatsoever, when all the other major retail places are asking for it?
    not very, I imagine.
    Why the hell did you create this thread then?
    To indirectly moan and whine about how talentless and unskilled you are?
    if so, then you've reached that goal ages ago.
    It's time for you to get off TSR for a bit and just explore your option, methinks, before you consider what specific jobs you want.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rosa Arabelle)
    Why the hell did you create this thread then?
    To indirectly moan and whine about how talentless and unskilled you are?
    if so, then you've reached that goal ages ago.
    It's time for you to get off TSR for a bit and just explore your option, methinks, before you consider what specific jobs you want.
    it's not about finding a job I want . If I was capable enough of having a job I want I suppose I'd be a multi millionaire actress or a world famous singer. Or, if it was me two years ago, a top notch psychoanalyst like Freud.

but that's not going to happen.

ReputationRep:
    it's not about finding a job I want . If I was capable enough of having a job I want I suppose I'd be a multi millionaire actress or a world famous singer. Or, if it was me two years ago, a top notch psychoanalyst like Freud.

but that's not going to happen.
    You still haven't answered my question:
    what is the point in this thread?

ReputationRep:
    You still haven't answered my question:
    what is the point in this thread?
    I don't know. Last resort I suppose. But this forum is just filled with top A* students which doesn't really help.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know. Last resort I suppose. But this forum is just filled with top A* students which doesn't really help.
    Sweeping generalisation there, but seriously, you need to get away from TSR and explore what options are available to you without feeling the need to whine to others.

ReputationRep:
    Sweeping generalisation there, but seriously, you need to get away from TSR and explore what options are available to you without feeling the need to whine to others.
    not really a generalisation, just look at people's GSCE grades/ A levels on here. Much higher than the national average.

ReputationRep:
    not really a generalisation, just look at people's GSCE grades/ A levels on here. Much higher than the national average.
    Fair enough; it is a student site after all.
    back on topic, you need to stop picking out the irrelevant bits of responses and start picking out the productive, helpful stuff.

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough; it is a student site after all.
    back on topic, you need to stop picking out the irrelevant bits of responses and start picking out the productive, helpful stuff.
    no offence but "explore what options are avaliable to you" is not really very helpful.

ReputationRep:
    Do work experience and then apply for a job. Simple, you'll find a job if you actually TRY to get it.

ReputationRep:
    no offence but "explore what options are avaliable to you" is not really very helpful.
    Well, I'm not going to waste my time posting a lengthy comment going on about how you can go about finding a job when you'll just pick something completely irrelevant and insignificant out and ignore the rest.
    sign up to JSA, if you haven't already, and go to their meetings or something. Just stop seeking advice here when you clearly know you're never going to follow it.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I'm not going to waste my time posting a lengthy comment going on about how you can go about finding a job when you'll just pick something completely irrelevant and insignificant out and ignore the rest.
    sign up to JSA, if you haven't already, and go to their meetings or something. Just stop seeking advice here when you clearly know you're never going to follow it.
    if it bothers you that much then don't post here. simple.

ReputationRep:
    I got BBC last year. I've taken an extra year out of my life to aim for an A in the subject I'm passionate about, in order to get into the university I want to go to, because I know I can do better than a B if I work hard. But it's a lot of work.

So, no, the forum isn't filled with A* students. There are some, but it's not all of us. Some of us are B students, like me.

You got an A*. Academically, you're better than me, at least on paper. (We're going to discount my extenuating circumstances here, because they were nothing I couldn't have overcome if I worked harder.)

But I'm confident that I can get somewhere in life, and that's the difference between us.

Even though I'm a B student, I have a very realistic offer for a competitive subject at a prestigious Russell Group university (on the condition that I work hard enough to turn myself into an A student).

So an A* student like you can do even better, at least on paper, except you lack dedication.

I want to get my physics degree, and hopefully go on to do a PhD, and spend my life toiling over pages of equations in the vague hope that I can discover something about the underlying structure of the universe, which can be passed on to future generations.

Sure, the chances of that actually happening are slim, but I'm going to try anyway.

And yet an A* student is sat here telling me that she will get nowhere and do nothing with her life, and isn't willing to put in any effort to do anything useful.

I'm not having a go at you for dropping out of university or anything, because university's not for everyone. But I am peeved that you come here asking for suggestions and then shoot down every single suggestion you get given.

And you can't moan that this forum is full of A* students when you are one yourself.

The difference between you and those people is that they are actually working hard and doing things with their life, neither of which you seem to be willing to do. Yet, at least on paper, you're just as capable as they are.

So either get out there and do something - you've been given a lot of great suggestions about where to start - or stop complaining.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.