I'll need a job someday but I'm good for nothing. Watch

ReputationRep:
    You should change your username.

Mr Happy is not an appropriate name for you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pawsies)
    You should change your username.

Mr Happy is not an appropriate name for you
    you cant change your username on this site.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inzamam99)
    You're right- you are a moron and decidedly quite stupid by the look of your posts.

You won't get anywhere in life with this attitude.
    well if im stupid then surely there's nothing i can do to change that?

yes i have a low iq. im retarded and i wont pretend otherwise. but that's precisely why im not good for anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss G)
    I'd try Dubai. They like Native English speakers, and 'Westerners'. They're not too big on qualifications, either. I bet you could get a job there as a teacher. Alternatively, you could do a TEFL which only lasts a few months. You speak English fluently, and you basically take that asset and get a qualification for it, and make good money in countries all over the world, including Dubai, where you could get paid approx. 20 pounds/ hour to teach ( I was told by a South African lady who told me to do it, but it's not my thing). Plus, Tax does not exist in Dubai, as foreign as that concept may seem, and you will get other benefits as well. Though I don't know how open you're to change.
    Well said; totally agree with you! But the laws there are a bit harsh and i'm they won't suit the OP
    (Original post by MrHappy_J)
    the last thing id want to do is move to a third world country.
    Have you ever been to Dubai??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bahjat93)
    Well said; totally agree with you! But the laws there are a bit harsh and i'm they won't suit the OP

Have you ever been to Dubai??
    erm no?? not everyone has the money to travel.

ReputationRep:
    instead of moaning to a bunch of strangers

GO OUT there and find something, you're good at

like any interest/hobbies/favourite sport

you can't rely on your mum all the time

or even try talking to an advisor, just google it and they'll be able to help you

I'm sure there's even a quiz to help you decide what you want to do

you have to try, no one can do it for yourself, i'm afraid so

ReputationRep:
    Your obviously not stupid if you got A*ABC at A level.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelseafan)
    Your obviously not stupid if you got A*ABC at A level.
    How do you work that one out?

They were soft a levels. Not as though i could do physics.

ReputationRep:
    How do you work that one out?

They were soft a levels. Not as though i could do physics.
    Which A-Levels did you do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ferrari_1996)
    Nevermind, I found out:

A*ABC A levels in Sociology, Spanish, Psychology and English Language respectively. AS grade C in Critical Thinking.

ReputationRep:
    psychology, sociology, english lang. and spanish, the latter being a guaranteed A anyway because im semi fluent.

ReputationRep:
    psychology, sociology, english lang. and spanish, the latter being a guaranteed A anyway because im semi fluent.
    Lol look at the post that's two posts above this one. I beat you to it :P

ReputationRep:
    Lol look at the post above. I beat you to it :P
    oh right. sorry i didnt see it.
    you see my point then.
    I failed 2 AS levels in my first year and had to retake.

ReputationRep:
    There are other ways to make money aside from a job.

And also other ways to get a job without experience. Real life example: Me with no experience in hospitality, met a cute girl with 4years as a waitress, applied together as a couple at fancy Michelin-starred restaurant in Cornwall, broke up 2weeks after starting there, but I've been working in high-class hotels and restaurants for more than 2years now.
    Some people actually study for years to get to this

ReputationRep:
    oh right. sorry i didnt see it.
    you see my point then.
    I failed 2 AS levels in my first year and had to retake.
    I have two A-Level exams this week (Chemistry and Physics) and then I have my Maths exam on Monday 17th January which is the Monday coming up. I can't be bothred to revise and I don't know if I want to go to uni. I'm doing Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Computing. Pretty demanding subjects eh? Thankfully there are no exams for Computing. I need to stop being lazy and revise.

ReputationRep:
    I have two A-Level exams this week (Chemistry and Physics) @)and then I have my Maths exam on Monday 17th January which is the Monday comingu.I can't be bothred to revise and I don't know if I want to go to uni. I'm doing Matjs, Physics, Chemisyry and Computing. Pretty demanding subjects eh? Thankfully there are no exams for Computing. I need to stop being lazy and revise.
    good 4 u, im too simple for science subjects.

ReputationRep:
    good 4 u, im too simple for science subjects.
    You did say you were good at food. Chef at a restaurant? If you're good at eating it, you should have the enthusiasm to make it. You could try out recipes at your house first, then get some training, and then apply Who knows, you could be the next Jamie Oliver (female version).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss G)
    You did say you were good at food. Chef at a restaurant? If you're good at eating it, you should have the enthusiasm to make it. You could try out recipes at your house first, then get some training, and then apply Who knows, you could be the next Jamie Oliver (female version).
    haha i like food but im no good at cooking it.

ReputationRep:
    where did you get that from?

when i said i'm good for nothing i really meant it.

actually that's not true. i'm good at eating food.
    With this attitude your right, no one is going to want to employ you. If you want to sit around feeling sorry for your self doing nothing then go ahead but frankly you need a kick up the arse.

Get out and have a go at things, getting into your final year at uni proves you're not totally useless. Apply for jobs and start acting confident even if you're not. You can't honestly expect us to think there isn't something that you could be doing?

Either that or keep wasting your life seeking internet sympathy.

ReputationRep:
    Get a hobby, as the above person said - start cooking.

Do something, anything. You can't seriously have no interests in anything except watching TV and eating food...

What have you, in your whole life, tried and liked? If you can't think of much you need to be a bit more experimental and try some new things, find anything you like - try get a job related to it when you worked that out.

You have spent 20 years on this planet, which is full of some pretty awseome things - you only have so much time left. Imagine yourself at 75, looking back on your life.

Do you want to think "well, I couldn't be bothered doing anything so watched some TV and took handouts from the state for 55 years" or "Oh I really enjoyed doing that, then I worked there for a bit then I met this person doing this...."

You don't even have to be good at something to enjoy doing it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.