Turn on thread page Beta

I'll need a job someday but I'm good for nothing. watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrHappy_J)
    luck. it was the first year that the A* existed so they obviously wanted to hand them out to impress the government.
    I want you to srsly reply to my suggestions to you to become a prostitute or pregnant and claim benefits.

What's the matter? Rejecting everyone else's suggestions to you and afraid to face up to whats left?

ReputationRep:
    those people happen to be my PARENTS. I'm sorry for you if you don't have a family who can provide you with a home when you still need it.
    So you think because they're your parents you can take advantage of them? I do have a family who provide me with a home but thankfully they've brought me up well enough to ensure that I appreciate it and am willing to work for myself so I can carry on that lifestyle without having to depend on them for the rest of my life.

luck. it was the first year that the A* existed so they obviously wanted to hand them out to impress the government.
    Why are you being so negative when people are trying to help you, why make the thread at all?

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you sell popcorn at the cinema? All you'll have to do is fill a bucket with popcorn, and maybe make some popcorn. A monkey could do that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thisistheend)
    I want you to srsly reply to my suggestions to you to become a prostitute or pregnant and claim benefits.

What's the matter? Rejecting everyone else's suggestions to you and afraid to face up to whats left?
    Actually, that seems to be OP's only option considering she shot down everything else. She could easily go work in the Red Light District in Amsterdam and get paid good cash, while also have legal employment as a prostitute. Don't know why she doesn't consider it, if everything else is really beyond her abilities.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kel_x)
    So you think because they're your parents you can take advantage of them? I do have a family who provide me with a home but thankfully they've brought me up well enough to ensure that I appreciate it and am willing to work for myself so I can carry on that lifestyle without having to depend on them for the rest of my life.
    how am i taking advantage? if people decide to have kids then its their responsibility to take care of them. lucky for you if youre talented enough to have ambitions, not everyone can.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fuzzpig)
    oh I remember you. Sociology and psychology at Kent right? Not surprised you dropped out the way you were going on complaining about everything. Again, not surprised you can't be asked to find yourself a job, the way you dismiss what everyone's saying. Why don't you just buck your ideas up and get some ounce of drive? You managed to get into uni so it's not like you're totally useless. It just seems that you can't actually be bothered. What's the truth?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by Philippamalko)
    From your bio: 'A*ABC A levels in Sociology, Spanish, Psychology and English Language respectively.'

I think you'll find an A in A level Spanish is not a fail, either you're lying on there or on here just to be stubborn and pathetic

I mean i failed it in secondary school, in spain where the level at which they teach spanish is a lot higher for obvious reasons. obviously when i came to london and took spanish a level here i passed it without putting in any effort.
    Wow, I hadn't seen this. It's clear now. You are just lazy. You are clearly capable of getting a job, you have already achieved academically to a high level. (say what you want, but those are a good set of grades in 4 A levels, more than most people do.)

I don't know what else to say, you have so much ability, do you know how much most people in my college would envy those grades!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss G)
    Actually, that seems to be OP's only option considering she shot down everything else. She could easily go work in the Red Light District in Amsterdam and get paid good cash, while also have legal employment as a prostitute. Don't know why she doesn't consider it, if everything else is really beyond her abilities.
    She also seems to have an aversion to traveling and languages it seems, and an avid lack of geographical knowledge to extent that Dubai belongs in the Third World.

I wouldn't surprised if on the way to Amsterdam she lost herself in Brixton.

ReputationRep:
    its difficult enough offering myself for free, let alone if they have to pay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnyb123)
    Wow, I hadn't seen this. It's clear now. You are just lazy. You are clearly capable of getting a job, you have already achieved academically to a high level. (say what you want, but those are a good set of grades in 4 A levels, more than most people do.)

I don't know what else to say, you have so much ability, do you know how much most people in my college would envy those grades!
    not many, seeing as most people on here get tripple A*'s and more. i performed below average for my school.

ReputationRep:
    its difficult enough offering myself for free, let alone if they have to pay.
    Now I know you must be srsly joking.

This Ukrainian drug addict has managed to feed herself, stay alive to be photographed AND pay for her drugs by prostitution while looking like this:

Are you telling us all that you look worse than her?

(Source Hyperlink)

not many, seeing as most people on here get tripple A*'s and more. i performed below average for my school.
    it's unlikely that people at his college are all TSR users, are you forgetting that most people aren't likely to use a site like this. How many jobs have you applied for in the last week?

ReputationRep:
    i was struggling with deadlines because i'm not capable of writing essays anymore. so i dropped out. do you have to be so nasty about it? does it make you feel better?
    If I remember correctly, you were having some difficulties because you couldn't be bothered to seek help. You offered a bunch of excuses as to why you couldn't get help and did nothing about it. As university is about self-learning, it seemed that you couldn't be bothered to do what you needed to do - get assistance from lecturers and the personal tutor system and all of the help offered in other places, of which there was a huge amount at Kent. And above all, work hard.

You were not incapable really, were you? Be honest, you were lazy. And you are doing the same here. My question is, why?

Spend the rest of this year focusing on what went wrong, do some self study and return to uni in a year or two. Surely that's the best idea? Seeing as you 'can't' do any of the jobs people suggest? Or is there some physical reason why you can't, because that's obviously a different story entirely.

Perhaps you're not *really* lazy or petulant in real life but that's the persona you have on here. If that's the case, maybe you should think about how you come across.

I don't think you're useless or incapable. I don't think your intelligence or qualifications are holding you back. I don't think it's your lack of experience because there are plenty of things you can do with no experience. I just think that you can't be bothered. :/

btw I got ABBC at a level. Breaking the TSR mould eh? I graduated with a First. Anything is possible.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    hi,
    i wont be able to rely on my parents forever
    Suggests you are currently relying on them, as you are 20 it is purely out of their love and kindness that you are able to do this.
    " if people decide to have kids then its their responsibility to take care of them".. If said kids are 18.
    D
    o you not think it would be nice for them to not have to still pay for your upkeep? Just because they are willing to do so does not mean they have to.

You think I am lucky to be talented enough to have ambitions? My A Levels are BBC in ICT, Psychology and Business Studies respectively, oh look, those are worse than yours. So by your statement your ambitions should be higher than mine as clearly you're more academically talented than I am. Wrong. Ambition has nothing to do with talent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fuzzpig)
    If I remember correctly...
    Do you remember her looking uglier than a drug addicted Ukrainian prostitute? She says apparently she has a hard time selling herself for free :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you sell popcorn at the cinema? All you'll have to do is fill a bucket with popcorn, and maybe make some popcorn. A monkey could do that.
    well you know what they say, humans are smarter then monkeys; the op makes me question whether this is true

ReputationRep:
    i know you dont know me at all and you mean well but each and every one of these suggestions seem ridiculous for me. i failed ict (cant even use excel), and if i told an interviewer i was interested in beauty and fashion theyd take one look at me and think "no youre not".
    tried volunteering, spent hours just tagging clothes with a pricing gun. it was so mundane i might as well have stayed at home.
    im no good at languages, my grammar is very poor.
    I know I don't know you but that doesn't matter. You made this thread asking for help,if you didnt want help or to change your current situation you wouldn't have made this thread. Recognise that. Many users,myself included have given you many options for you to explore,and you have shot most of them down,being self deprecating or just flat out negative.When users have got angry,naturally irritated by your attitude(which wont help when trying to get a job by the way,employers dont want that,on any level,they want to see what you can offer them,how you can benefit them,as that is the way the world of work operates) you agree with them and even come across as a little sarky.

Don't be like that. If you desire you be on benefits and live off the welfare state(which is contradicted by your apparent desire to get a job and make something of yourself) then go ahead but I know that isn't what you want. I know what it feels like to feel low and that you cant offer anything, and it's a hard habit to kick,I'm still trying and my life is getting so much better for it. If you want to progress in life OP,or indeed LIVE at all,you are going to need to suck this attitude up and get moving. You keep saying that you cant do these things,but if you put enough hard work enough you could achieve some of them,combined with interest.

And by hard work I mean a lot of it,not just a general phrase. You may need more qualifications once you find something you like,and you therefore may need a part time job to support that-retail,hospitality whatever..or even if you just try for a job of that nature without pursuing qualifications.take a look at your CV,upload it on here,on various other websites for help and make the most of it and see what needs work.

I honestly hate purporting the whole often trite sounding 'one life' thing OP but you only have one so MAKE THE MOST OF IT. You need money to live,so you need a job.You want to support yourself,travel.. enjoy life.. you need a job. I mean it OP,get up and do something about your situation.There is only so much on here we can do,as strangers on the internet.There is no point in making this thread if you are only going to not use it constructively to answer your own question.No amount of cajoling from us will change that. You need to make it come off your own back.

ReputationRep:
    the last thing id want to do is move to a third world country.

L O L

ReputationRep:
    No. no they don't.

Who cares, you still performed well. Just get it into your head that you actually have loads of academic ability, the grades speak for themselves.

I go to a state college in North London. The standard is far lower than that, and most of them still get jobs.

Your utter stubbornness to accept anything helpful, encouraging or complimentary is infuriating. I thought you were a troll, but seeing as tehforum remembered you, I suppose you can't be.

If you refuse to take anybody's advice and put no effort into getting out of the situation you are in, then I'm afraid you aren't going to get anywhere in life. The frustrating thing is you actually have talent and ability, but you are in denial.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnyb123;40900935,)
    I thought you were a troll, but seeing as tehforum remembered you, I suppose you can't be.
    :lol:
    Did you mean me? I'm not tehforum, he's just some kid who decided to copy my sig to use as his avatar.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 13, 2013
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.