Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'll need a job someday but I'm good for nothing. Watch

• PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrHappy_J)

What have i said thats so horrific?
    the last thing id want to do is move to a third world country. (In reference to India)
    You'd think the 20 negs on that post would be a slight indicator you've annoyed/offended/severely ticked off a few people?

It's far easier to apologize than argue the fact you put no thought into how what you say can severely annoy/upset/offend other people. Think about that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dpdr)
    You'd think the 20 negs on that post would be a slight indicator you've annoyed/offended/severely ticked off a few people?

It's far easier to apologize than argue the fact you put no thought into how what you say can severely annoy/upset/offend other people. Think about that.
    Sorry, i didnt realise there was a whole bunch of people on here from Dubai. :rolleyes:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, i didnt realise there was a whole bunch of people on here from Dubai. :rolleyes:
    That's ok.

ReputationRep:
    the last thing id want to do is move to a third world country.
    Are you crazy dubai is more of a first world state than england

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    hi,

well im 20 and i wont be able to rely on my parents forever but i honestly dont see what i can do apart from living off the state I'm not good at anything, I have no interests. I've had to quit uni in my third year as i was finding it too hard so i have no qualifications.
    ive been thinking of moving to spain to be with my mum but it's too much to think about and i can only live with her on the condition that im in work or studying. but theres nothing im good for and im sick of education. and my spanish isnt as good as it used to be, ive got poor cognitive skills so ive lost most of it. and there are no jobs there either.
    What's not hard in life?
    Work for it.
    Name:  tumblr_m56gy9T8Hm1qkaer7o1_500.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  47.1 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 20z12)
    What's not hard in life?
    Work for it.
    Name:  tumblr_m56gy9T8Hm1qkaer7o1_500.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  47.1 KB
    Not everyone is cut out for uni.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hanvyj)
    You need to get out more.

The world has places like this: (one of my favorate places)

Animals like this:

Metal box thingies propelled by contained explosions (which fire thousands of times a second) at huge speeds.

Computers with multiple processors and gigabites of ram that are 9mm thick and you can keep in your pocket, they can display millions of tiny dots to pretty much draw anything. You can press a couple of times on the screen and immidiatley be in contact with ANYONE ON THE PLANET that has a similar device (and in a reasonable place with network coverage :P)

There are billions of books that billions of people have spent thousands of billions of hours writing in every imaginable field, and fiction that covers pretty much everything imaginable.

We have exploded people to the fricking moon, took a photo of the earth then exploded them back.

Scarily, we managed to work out how the sun works and simulate it for a split second to cause massive explosions (not a good thing, but its interesting!)

Everyone in this country can plug into a grid that allows them to power so many interesting things.

You can go to the shop and spend 50p on a pineaple from half way across the world. 100 years ago no one in this country would likely have seen a pinaple.

The internet. The INTERNET! How mental and interesting is that!

All the different cultures arround the world... All the amasing things people have done.

I just had a look at the photos on my phone, usually when I come across something interesting I take a photo of it. I just spotted one where I found a newt while trudging to work in the rain. - How dull that day was, grey and raining and going to work. Then I nearly step on a fricken newt just chilling out on the pavement? Thats a cool and interesting thing, picks up your mood a little.

Yeah, sure. If you can't be bothered to look you see the sky is a bit gray and people are poor. Open your eyes. Try actually liking something for once.

One of my hobies is fixing my decrepid old car. Am I any good at it? Hell no, I started a year ago and I'm terrible. I like doing it though - cos its interesting.

You have so much of the world at your fingertips and you can't be bothered to do anything because what? The weather isn't good? It gets dark early? Wow.

I loved this post. Your positive attitude to life really made me smile

also, whereabouts is the picture at the top taken? Looks lovely.

ReputationRep:
    I wish I was Hanvyi.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    :yawn: i'm not being rude but do you know how many times i've heard this? my parents divorced when i was 5. i have no memories of what it was like when they were together. therefore, it makes no difference to me.

"think how lucky you are"- that doesn't help in the slightest.
    ok fair enough, but there is clearly some kind of self esteem thing going on here. I know people who have three GCSE's and are still out there making something of themselves despite having learning difficulties and behavioural problems. The only thing they have is sheer bloody mindeness to suceed and low self esteem can massively undermine that I'm guessing this is an issue as you view everything in such a negative light.

As for considering how lucky you are, the things that you have that others don't give you a choice about what you want to do in life, you're not going to be forced into a job or out of your home with no money, ever, period. You really have no excuse to have such an attitude unless you are clinically depressed.

all i did was write down some bullet points on different types of feminism, basically regurgitating stuff said in class. ANYONE can do that. Anyone can get an A* in Sociology. Not everyone can get into Medicine.
      I couldn't get an A* in sociology either and i've applied for medicine, everyone has different talents

ReputationRep:
      Id be no good in a fast paced stressful environment.
      I cant drive.
      No i dont have any interests. Watching tv but i dont think that counts.
      People are putting more effort into giving you suggestions, that you seem to have put in.

Are you even trying here?

If you think you're good for nothing, you will act like you're good for nothing.
      You need to stop thinking like that.
      Hard work beats talent.

ReputationRep:
      im just wondering did you go to a uni in the UK ? because if so, im confused how you could have got to third year of uni and still be 20 :confused::confused:

ReputationRep:
      Go into politics

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Philippamalko)
      I couldn't get an A* in sociology either and i've applied for medicine, everyone has different talents
      you could if you studied for it.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by 2worldcups-1T20)
      Go into politics
      isnt that about the hardest career there is? apart from maybe being an astronaut?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Miss G)
      I'd try Dubai. They like Native English speakers, and 'Westerners'. They're not too big on qualifications, either. I bet you could get a job there as a teacher. Alternatively, you could do a TEFL which only lasts a few months. You speak English fluently, and you basically take that asset and get a qualification for it, and make good money in countries all over the world, including Dubai, where you could get paid approx. 20 pounds/ hour to teach ( I was told by a South African lady who told me to do it, but it's not my thing). Plus, Tax does not exist in Dubai, as foreign as that concept may seem, and you will get other benefits as well. Though I don't know how open you're to change.
      Interesting, good read. Thank you for posting.

ReputationRep:
      your years at university dont count unless you officially hold a degree. it's like leaving school without qualifications.
      my a levels were not that great. i was in spain before so i dont have gcses.
      If you leave in year 2 or 3 you often graduate with a Diploma of Higher Education, which will be worth something (particularly in foreign countries unfamiliar with our system)

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by OMGWTFBBQ)
      If you leave in year 2 or 3 you often graduate with a Diploma of Higher Education, which will be worth something (particularly in foreign countries unfamiliar with our system)
      what? i didn't get any diploma when i left.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by red_robyn)
      I loved this post. Your positive attitude to life really made me smile

also, whereabouts is the picture at the top taken? Looks lovely.
      Gordale Scar! Its really good place for families with the campsite being so close, super cheap too. Good place for kids to play like I remember doing.

2 minutes away from Janet's Foss, another of my favorite places:

and 15 minutes away from the amasing Malham cove:

The view from the limestone paving at the top of there... Paddling in the stream at the bottom.... Man I love that place

The yorkshire dales is one of my favorite places on the planet. I can spend hours just driving round it. There is always something that is beautiful, even in the dead of winter its charming.

It also lets me take cool pictures of my car wherever I am

Name:  622035_10152211508980154_784396129_o.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  475.4 KB

Sorry if anyone is on a phone lol, I just ruined your bill
      Attached Images

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Hanvyj)
      Gordale Scar! Its really good place for families with the campsite being so close, super cheap too. Good place for kids to play like I remember doing.

2 minutes away from Janet's Foss, another of my favorite places:

and 15 minutes away from the amasing Malham cove:

The view from the limestone paving at the top of there... Paddling in the stream at the bottom.... Man I love that place

The yorkshire dales is one of my favorite places on the planet. I can spend hours just driving round it. There is always something that is beautiful, even in the dead of winter its charming.

It also lets me take cool pictures of my car wherever I am

Name:  622035_10152211508980154_784396129_o.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  475.4 KB

Sorry if anyone is on a phone lol, I just ruined your bill
      can you not spam my thread, thanks.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.