The Student Room Group

Changing sixth form after AS

Hi! Im in year 12, but I dont feel happy at the sixth form i'm at. Ive emailed a few colleges, who have all said its fine as long as the exam boards are compatible, so im not worried about that.
My question is, did anyone find it personally difficult when switching over after AS?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
I switched 6th form in April of year 12 from a grammar school 15 miles away to a comp school around the corner. My AS grades suffered immensely as the course the comp school were doing was different from the one I had begun on and so I had to self study pretty much everything. I had trouble in terms of the social aspect because at my first 6th form I pretty much knew and spoke to everyone, and at my 2nd 6th form I knew a very limited amount of people. I ended up dreading going to school and pretty much bunked everyday getting into quite a lot of trouble. My AS grades were not great, but I don't regret moving because at the beginning of year 13 I decided to change my attitude and not care if I was alone at school all the time and did much better at A2 than I would have done had I stayed at the first 6th form. It certainly was an emotional rollercoaster, and moving 6th form midway through your course equates to a lot of admin work but, depending on your reasons, it may well be worth it.
Reply 2
Thanks for sharing :smile: Im wanting to move due to feeling stuck at my current sixthform because its attached to my old secondary.. Im scared about a new environment but I just feel restless where I am :rolleyes:
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest