The Student Room Group

Moving Universities next year , but finishing my first year

Hi

I am currently doing a History Degree at Portsmouth, but unfortunately i hate it with a passion. Therefore i am applying to study film production at several arts universities, i am fairly certain i will get into at least one of my choices, however I am worried about the financial implications if i fail my first year, what happens do i have to pay the grants back, will i get funding for next year? I am really worried because there is a chance i could fail as its not going well, but i cant just withdraw because of my rental agreement aswell as the grant from 1st term HELP!!!!??
Reply 1
As far as I know... providing this is your first degree, SFE will fund you for the length of your undergrad +1. That plus one is there for exactly the reasons you've mentioned: false starts, wrong unis, wrong courses, failing the year etc... Assuming your financial situation stays the same and you inform them of your plans, I don't envisage any problems and the extra year of funding will be treated in the same way as it would have if everything had been plain sailing.

I would double check with your university and with SFE exactly how it works. Don't take my word as gospel as things might have changed in the new regime/fees, I could be working on old information.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending