The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Manchester adult nursing interview

Just got an interview for adult nursing at university of manchester, i understand that it is a group interview along with maths and literacy tests and a crb check, i'm comfortable with the maths and literacy checks because i've done similar before but was just wondering if anyone could shed any light on the group interview what questions will they ask does everyone get a fair turn to speak thanks x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

I had an interview for child nursing there last year (interviews are the same for branches).

There were roughly 8 of us (there was supposed to be 10 but 2 girls were missing), we sat in a semi-circle facing 2 interviewers.
I think there was about 5 questions about why you think you're right for the course, why manchester, experiences you'e had etc.. They would ask in order left-right, then right-left, then starting in the middle and going round from there, and a couple of free-for-alls (these were awful, I had very pushy people in my interview so I couldn't get a word in if I wanted to).
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
Ahh right that was similar to an interview I had last year some pushy people too! It's hard to find the Line between getting yourself noticed and giving your opinion and then being too overpowering and opinionated thanks for your help and information :smile: were you successful at Manchester?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Rachelrose1993
Just got an interview for adult nursing at university of manchester, i understand that it is a group interview along with maths and literacy tests and a crb check, i'm comfortable with the maths and literacy checks because i've done similar before but was just wondering if anyone could shed any light on the group interview what questions will they ask does everyone get a fair turn to speak thanks x

Posted from TSR Mobile

What are the maths test like? gcse questions?/ fractions/ ratios/ perentages/ convertions? etc.

Kind regards
Reply 4
Original post by BeccaAnne94
I had an interview for child nursing there last year (interviews are the same for branches).

There were roughly 8 of us (there was supposed to be 10 but 2 girls were missing), we sat in a semi-circle facing 2 interviewers.
I think there was about 5 questions about why you think you're right for the course, why manchester, experiences you'e had etc.. They would ask in order left-right, then right-left, then starting in the middle and going round from there, and a couple of free-for-alls (these were awful, I had very pushy people in my interview so I couldn't get a word in if I wanted to).

Hi, I had a similar experience a couple of weeks ago with a couple of 'mature' students who dominated the interview, I've been put on their reserve list :/ Just wondered whether you got an offer in the end and when they got back to you with a final decision. x
Original post by xKaylax
Hi, I had a similar experience a couple of weeks ago with a couple of 'mature' students who dominated the interview, I've been put on their reserve list :/ Just wondered whether you got an offer in the end and when they got back to you with a final decision. x

Yeah, I was on the reserve list for months (around april) until they told me that there were no places left (not sure if it was the same case for adult branch though).
Reply 6
Good luck for the interview I have got an offer for adult nursing from Manchester :biggrin: wishing you all the best!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
I applied for Manchester for adult nursing at the beginning of November, if not late October and still not heard anything back from them. Any ideas why this would be ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
There will probably be a large concentration of people applying then so the university will just be working through them :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by 06langtreej
Good luck for the interview I have got an offer for adult nursing from Manchester :biggrin: wishing you all the best!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hello got my offer through today over the moon although its my first interview and I'm still considering other uni's is Manchester your first choice xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Hello got my offer through today over the moon although its my first interview and I'm still considering other uni's is Manchester your first choice xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats! :smile:

How long ago was your interview?

I had one for Mental Health the other day, really hoping I get an offer!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes it is :smile: well done :biggrin: is Manchester your first choice? X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 06langtreej
Yes it is :smile: well done :biggrin: is Manchester your first choice? X

Posted from TSR Mobile

Leeds or Manchester I can't choose haha x

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm sure you will do fine which ever one you go to :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have an interview for adult nursing on 6th March. Anyone else? :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by WeirdLittleO
I have an interview for adult nursing on 6th March. Anyone else? :smile:

Nope :frown: lol just having to wait for an email or anything from manchester still nothin. But grats!! :smile:. does anyone no what manchester uni is like ? i only went to 2 open days but not manchester.
Original post by Eroyle6
Nope :frown: lol just having to wait for an email or anything from manchester still nothin. But grats!! :smile:. does anyone no what manchester uni is like ? i only went to 2 open days but not manchester.

I am in the same boat as you, still waiting to hear anything from Manchester and then it times to decide. So far got conditionals from Leeds Uni and MMU

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Original post by christy053
I am in the same boat as you, still waiting to hear anything from Manchester and then it times to decide. So far got conditionals from Leeds Uni and MMU

Posted from TSR Mobile

YE! i know im getting really nerv's about it because i havent heard anything from manchester or MMU. but i have an interview for salford in a weeks time. =/. I hope we find out soon peh. always hate waiting for things but oh well what will be will be. best wishes to all. xx:biggrin: im guessing half way through march.
Reply 18
I had an interview for adult nusring at mmu on the 5th December and still heard nothing! Really worried!!! X
Reply 19
Original post by Olivia_R
I had an interview for adult nusring at mmu on the 5th December and still heard nothing! Really worried!!! X

I havent even had an interview or reply from them so surely they are waiting t give out more interviews or rejections before they can offer you a place so I know its hard waiting but all we can all do for now ^^
:s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending