Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hildabeast)
    Hehe well thanks for the return of rep
    Good luck with uni, etc.
    Thank you very much, talk to you soon!

ReputationRep:
    Hey hildabeast, why don't you recommend to Ryan that he joins UKL!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eeyore)
    Hey hildabeast, why don't you recommend to Ryan that he joins UKL!!
    Hmmmm, what would I say??? "Oh there's this girl called Eeyore who I know from this random website who wants you to join because she met you at a conference" ?????
    I might sound a little stupid.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmmm, what would I say??? "Oh there's this girl called Eeyore who I know from this random website who wants you to join because she met you at a conference" ?????
    I might sound a little stupid.
    I was thinking more along the lines of, "there's this amazing student forum called UKL, you should join it, I've learnt such a lot from my time there! Here's the address"

ReputationRep:
    Just got back from the conference at Sandown Park..

Really good... But who said Law was oversubscribed?!

Was like the M25 on those staircases

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dreama)

I went to a law lecture cos my friend's interested in it! Was it that cool guy from homerton college cambridge??

Hehe, did you see the amazing Ryan?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dreama)

How were the discussed topics + speakers as I may go

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to be working at it so I'll see you Monday!!! It's just basically a load of talks on individual subjects as well as more general things like application procedures, student life, etc. There will be Oxford and Cambridge stands where you can pick up prospectuses and chat to undergrads and admissions staff. Look out for me in the naff Oxford t-shirt and the red hair.
    Why did someone give me negative rep for this post??? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Why did someone give me negative rep for this post??? :confused:
    :confused: Wasn't me! Hey did you see Ryan?!

ReputationRep:
    :confused: Wasn't me! Hey did you see Ryan?!
    Yes I did indeed, and I told him I knew someone who was interested. He's quite embarrassed I think

ReputationRep:
    Yes I did indeed, and I told him I knew someone who was interested. He's quite embarrassed I think
    :eek:

Did you find out what year he's in? Cos i realised, if he's second year, he'll be gone by the time I'm at uni

ReputationRep:
    :eek:

Did you find out what year he's in? Cos i realised, if he's second year, he'll be gone by the time I'm at uni
    Awww, yes he is a 2nd yr unfortunately. Ah well.There's a conference at Leceister on Friday; if you want I can ask him to join UKL (but he might think I'm a bit weird).

ReputationRep:
    Awww, yes he is a 2nd yr unfortunately. Ah well.There's a conference at Leceister on Friday; if you want I can ask him to join UKL (but he might think I'm a bit weird).
    Lol, I'm sure you wouldn't seem weird, after all UK learning is such an educational place!! Just don't tell him that Eeyore is the one that likes him!

Does he seem like a nice guy?

ReputationRep:
    Lol, I'm sure you wouldn't seem weird, after all UK learning is such an educational place!! Just don't tell him that Eeyore is the one that likes him!

Does he seem like a nice guy?
    Yeh he is really nice
    He's really into his subject as well, which is cool. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Yeh he is really nice
    He's really into his subject as well, which is cool. Good luck
    heh, thanks Well I guess if he's at Oxford he'd have to be pretty keen on his subject! Wow... I hope there are more guys like him at Oxford!

And come to think of it, I hope there are guys like him at other universities cos I probably won't get into Oxford

ReputationRep:
    I can't spell it, I do apologise.

I went - and checked out English, Finance at uni, Interviews, Student life at Cambridge - and quickly came to the conclusion that Cambridge professors are mad, and medieval history professors dislike Mathematics.

Anyone else there? I really liked the look of English, they repeated 'passion for the subject' about a million and one times, and I got nudged every time by one of the guys from school who has heard me discussing lit with my teacher, and also seen me reading in the common room all the time, so I was like, 'yay! I fill criteria!'

And had a mad argument with this idiot teacher on the way back from the conference over whether DH Lawrence was a good writer or not - Lady Chatterly, people - might not be his best work but it IS literature - her argument, 'I don't like it, so it's not a good book, or a piece of lit'. I got soooo annoyed.

But finance, there was a whole bunch of private school people there, me included, who asked questions about any possibility of scholarships for us, those above the means barrier, but still unable to really afford it all, and they ignored us, and reiterated their statements about 'below 30000 pounds, the government's schemes'. It was very annoying. I know we're privileged, and all, but my parents' income goes on private school fees for my brother, and the rest on the mortgage, and they will NOT be paying for uni. I'd like to find a scholarship based on academia, not on means.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 16, 2004

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.