The Student Room Group
Reply 1
aaarrrggh
It seems like every time I try to view or post a message I get a 'server is busy' error. It's almost impossible to use the site at certain times of the day.

Just a frustrated observation...

it because its results day.

also because people just sit there hitting refresh, which makes it worse.

if you get that after posting, leave it for a while and then hit refresh and then resend info.

towards the end of the month there should be improvements.
Reply 2
I always copy everything before I post now - no matter the time of day. Before I did this I was ever MORE frustrated when I got the busy message!

This, for example, I have copied and ^^ now it's a paste. Grrr!
Reply 3
Its been like this for weeks now though, eventualy the site would just die if this problem is not resolved.
Reply 4
blissy
I always copy everything before I post now - no matter the time of day. Before I did this I was ever MORE frustrated when I got the busy message!

This, for example, I have copied and ^^ now it's a paste. Grrr!

:frown: sorry :frown:

as i say, its results day, later this month, improvements will be made!
Reply 5
Ollie

Does that mean the server will get more bandwidth?
Reply 6
Ollie

*Daveo eagerly(sp?) awaits the changes so he can stop hitting his laptop everything the message appears*
Reply 7
Ollie

Not your fault :smile:
Reply 8
amazingtrade
Does that mean the server will get more bandwidth?

not sureif there will be more bandwidth, but i the forum will have changes implemented, some of which may halp server load
Reply 9
best thing to do is open lots of windows and keep pressing refresh on all of them..... :wink:
Reply 10
DanMushMan
best thing to do is open lots of windows and keep pressing refresh on all of them..... :wink:

Lol you know its refreshing that actually causes the server problems in the first place? Constantly refreshing is what is known as a denial of server attack and doing it on purpose is actually ilegal.
amazingtrade
Lol you know its refreshing that actually causes the server problems in the first place? Constantly refreshing is what is known as a denial of server attack and doing it on purpose is actually ilegal.

yeh, it was a joke. tho oversized avatars probably contribute to the problem
Reply 12
amazingtrade

I think the wink indicated that the statement was tongue-in-cheek.

LOL <imagines being arrested for refreshing too frequently>
Reply 13
DanMushMan

lol, yep, you could do that, but it would take longer :rolleyes:
Reply 14
DanMushMan
yeh, it was a joke. tho oversized avatars probably contribute to the problem

Yes I know, sorry I didn't get take it as a joke, my brains overloaded today.

I am going try and do my best to fix this. Check out the main thread in a minute.
Ollie
lol, yep, you could do that, but it would take longer :rolleyes:

for everyone else surely.
Reply 16
DanMushMan
for everyone else surely.

lol, indeed!

Latest

Trending

Trending