The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

University of Kent Firmers

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MovieMoments
Hiya :-) I firmed Kent on Sunday night for Politics and International Relations.

I've only just realised that I need to apply for accomodation now :colondollar: Can someone explain to me how it works?

Also firmed for Politics & International Relations! Hope to see you in September.
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Original post by Vale_Minisini
Also firmed for Politics & International Relations! Hope to see you in September.

Hiya, I'll be a second year next year, but I'm more than happy to help you out.

Also, come write for the campus newspaper, InQuire, I'm the new newspaper news editor and I'm always looking for informed writers. x
Original post by MovieMoments
Hiya, I'll be a second year next year, but I'm more than happy to help you out.

Also, come write for the campus newspaper, InQuire, I'm the new newspaper news editor and I'm always looking for informed writers. x

Fantastic! I'm just waiting for my exam results to come out at the moment but (fingers crossed) I'll be at Kent in September.
I'll keep it in mind & would love to be a writer :smile:
Good luck!! (Revising for my own exams now, books everywhere)
I've firmed Kent for Psychology and Law. :smile:
Hi, I've firmed Kent for BA Archaeology and Anthropology.
Anyone else? :biggrin:
I've firmed Social Anthropology with a year abroad in Japan :smile:
I am doing computer science if i can meet the conditional requirements :smile:
Original post by granit2143
Hi, may I ask what offer Kent gave you? I'm trying to figure out how lenient they are. Also have you had a chance to visit yet? I'm thinking of making them firm for P&Int Relations with a year abroad

Don't know if this will help you at all, but I got into Kent through clearing missing 1 grade of the requirements and got accepted no questions asked (didn't even speak to anyone, just filled a form out online!) My boyfriend also managed to get onto a physics degree without A level maths after confirming an offer for a different course (which is pretty much essential.) I know plenty more people who missed their requirements by quite a lot. Obviously don't take this as me saying you can get in with anything! Just try not to worry yourself silly about it :smile:
Reply 329
Original post by classicslove
Don't know if this will help you at all, but I got into Kent through clearing missing 1 grade of the requirements and got accepted no questions asked (didn't even speak to anyone, just filled a form out online!) My boyfriend also managed to get onto a physics degree without A level maths after confirming an offer for a different course (which is pretty much essential.) I know plenty more people who missed their requirements by quite a lot. Obviously don't take this as me saying you can get in with anything! Just try not to worry yourself silly about it :smile:

What do you mean filled out a form online? If you miss one grade then will they just accept you for example as if you hadn't missed out that grade, so you dont have to call up anyone?
Original post by Tahmed14
Officially firmed for economics and finance, can't wait to start (if I get the grades) :smile:

Firmed Economics with a year in industry at Kent so we'll probably run into each other at some point this coming year! What grade conditions did Kent offer you?
Original post by Petrue
Firmed Economics with a year in industry at Kent so we'll probably run into each other at some point this coming year! What grade conditions did Kent offer you?

Hope we do mate :smile:, I got a conditional offer of ABB to get into economics course. Wbu?
Original post by Tahmed14
Hope we do mate :smile:, I got a conditional offer of ABB to get into economics course. Wbu?

Exactly the same :smile: Here's hoping the AQA Core 4 exam hasn't ruined my chances at an A for maths! What subjects did you take for A2?
Original post by Petrue
Exactly the same :smile: Here's hoping the AQA Core 4 exam hasn't ruined my chances at an A for maths! What subjects did you take for A2?

Business buss3 is the bad one for me :s. Hope I did decent on it. I took business, psychology and ict :smile:
Firmed for Computer Systems Engineering with a Foundation Year (GAP Yearing so already got my grades (in Law, History and Politics :P)), anybody else doing a foundation year/conversion course?
I missed my offer by one grade, C instead of a B...does anyone know if the uni is lenient about this??
Original post by Chanch13
Hi, I've firmed Kent for BA Archaeology and Anthropology.
Anyone else? :biggrin:

Im confirmed for biological anthropology Bsc so similar! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending