The HIT-MAN
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
would you say that gcse bite size if a good revision for science, if not what where do you revise from????
zed963
  • Study Helper
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
For science, hmm. It hasn't really been sufficient for me, I usually use the exam board's textbook as well as the CGP revision guide which comfortably gets me a high grade.
The HIT-MAN
Rep:
?
Thanks, I have one science exam next week, I'll buy the cgp book. Do you think it can get me an A grade with one week of good revison (3-4 hours a day with breaks). Thanks
mitchellshazia
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yeah, I'd agree, it's a bit mixed - it often skims over things that are quite important and goes into quite a lot of detail for things that aren't. It is useful but I definitely wouldn't rely on it only, you'll miss things.
02simm
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I used it and it helps me.

It depends on your personal preference.

But it doesn't cover everything , which is why it is best to use a variety of sources
ikramqalif
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
its alright good for revising
zed963
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by The HIT-MAN)
Thanks, I have one science exam next week, I'll buy the cgp book. Do you think it can get me an A grade with one week of good revison (3-4 hours a day with breaks). Thanks
Did 2 days of hardcore revision of chemistry and it got me an A*
Pabblethefish
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
IMO, BBC Bitesize teaches you the bare minimum. I think if you revise just from there you're likely to be capped at the potential of a B. Revision guides are so good! I have the AQA ones for science but clearly from this thread the CGP ones are just as good. I have CGP Geography and Of Mice and Men and they're brill - although their attempts at humour are appalling
GeekChicc
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
For me, Bitesize has been fantastic. Infact, my opinion may be biased, but most of the BBC's stuff is fantastic in my opinion when it comes to education. It covers everything that you will need to know for your GCSE's and gives you a proper structure for revising.
The HIT-MAN
Rep:
?
Thanks guys, I'll probably be using a mixture of stuff, I find bite size is good as it got me an A in one science exam but a C in the other, but then I probably got a C because I only had two days to revise from it and I need a good week.
mr96
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I like watching their videos
Also, their tests are pretty useful too.
OliPirie98
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
their tests are extremely easy, I would say the notes are a C grade sorta level. They explains things in a clear way so its good if your stuck! But CGP books defaintly and AQA for sciences are very good
Llewellyn
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Bitesize is a great revision guide and supplement. However, I would not recommend learning directly from it or relying on it to cover the entire specification (especially as specifications can slightly change for different boards). But Bitesize has a lot of good points - it is more interactive and can be more "fun" for some people. Remember that it's important to diversify your learning and revision.

If you want a really solid way of boosting your grades and revising - I would simply recommend a (book) revision guide or a textbook (preferably one produced by the exam board you will sit). These often go above and beyond the required detail and there are normally plenty of examples and summaries.
chloeintheskies
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

Don't rely on the CGP book for the entire of your revision It words some of the specification so badly that it doesn't fit the mark scheme in places and misses some parts. My school relied on it so badly that for the second half of the GCSE they took the books off us :mad:

The Collins Revision book is very useful, however
mmp97
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
not really if you're going for an A/A*
bbc bitesize gives you the fundamental understanding but doesn't go further than that
Victoriapownall
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
would you say that gcse bite size if a good revision for science, if not what where do you revise from????
It is quite good to revise for science but its gives you quite a lot of unneccessary information that you don't need to know for the exam. When I revise I watch videos from mygcsescience YouTube channel,or go onto this website for end of topic tests: http://www.chantry.worcs.sch.uk/inde...cience-year-10
or go onto this one for past papers and mark schemes,they even have the papers from January 2013!
http://www.noadswoodscience.com/
Sulphur
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Specific revision or course books are best. Although bitesize isn't bad, as others have said, it's not sufficient. Personally I find S-Cool to be pretty good as far as online revision goes.

http://www.s-cool.co.uk/
asiansloth
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
i find it quite useful for science.
daemonium
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It's excellent. Has all the information you possibly need.
Decerto
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It's good sometimes. It doesn't always match your specification though. It is by far most useful for science.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (38)
63.33%
Yes- I don't like it (2)
3.33%
No- I want it (17)
28.33%
No- I don't want it (3)