Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Golden Maverick)
    What do those of you at Oxbridge think are good things to take with you when you go?
    Your mum...well...not that i'd take your mum (no offence)....i'm tempted to take my own though....then i don't have to worry about cleaning or washing or anything!!!

G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scanner)
    [

Blissy, I want a book chair! Where do you get them? Oh, and as well as stationery, get floppy disks or some other storage thingy, if you're going to use computers a lot.
    Try upstairs in Waterstones. I bought one there just before Christmas. Expensive for what is essentially a scaled down deckchair - although less colourful.[/QUOTE]

I worked there over X-mas, and they *should* be marked down by now. I think Woolies also sell them- and yup, they are expensive, but worth it. History essay, 'does childhood have a history?' Urgh. Much readage

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilde_Oscar)
    Try upstairs in Waterstones. I bought one there just before Christmas. Expensive for what is essentially a scaled down deckchair - although less colourful.

I worked there over X-mas, and they *should* be marked down by now. I think Woolies also sell them- and yup, they are expensive, but worth it. History essay, 'does childhood have a history?' Urgh. Much readage
    How much is expensive?!

ReputationRep:
    I will definkitely be taking my lovely digital radio constantly tuned to radio three

MB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hoofbeat)
    How much is expensive?!
    From what I remember, it was about seven pounds for a small one, you know, regular sized book, but hardbacked, and about twelve pounds for a big book.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm.

*thinks boarding school*

Cereal..probably (everyone still nicks mine, I hope uni is slightly better). Washing stuff (softener) Your own mug. Definitely own bedding - and a throw or two, it makes a real difference. Posters and pictures for the walls. Hi/fi - one of those portable one though, thinking of the 8 week term problem. A rug helps too. And of course...lots and lots of 11p noodles from tesco

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucerna)
    Cereal.....lots and lots of 11p noodles from tesco
    Somehow I think you can get those once you get there

MB

ReputationRep:
    Do many people bother taking their hi-fi's for such a short time or do they just use the CD drive on their computer/laptop? Am just considering using that rather than lugging a hi-fi around!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicboy)
    Somehow I think you can get those once you get there

MB
    Tescos isn't that close, out on the Newmarket road, way past the grafton... edge of civilisation stuff!

Alaric.

ReputationRep:
    Do many people bother taking their hi-fi's for such a short time or do they just use the CD drive on their computer/laptop? Am just considering using that rather than lugging a hi-fi around!!!
    Well I've got a Denon mini system that I take, other people do take seperate systems, though you have to be quite keen on your music to do so.

Alaric.

ReputationRep:
    Tesco Value 11p noodles? Wow that's expensive! They have just gone down from 9p to 8p here!

ReputationRep:
    I am certainly not going to bring a stereo as well as my laptop, but then I'll be flying back and forth across the North Sea all the time. I am considering bringing a pair of extra speakers though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucerna)
    Hmm.

*thinks boarding school*

Cereal..probably (everyone still nicks mine, I hope uni is slightly better). Washing stuff (softener) Your own mug. Definitely own bedding - and a throw or two, it makes a real difference. Posters and pictures for the walls. Hi/fi - one of those portable one though, thinking of the 8 week term problem. A rug helps too. And of course...lots and lots of 11p noodles from tesco

Which cheap skate boarding school are you thinking of? I wasnt aware you had to make your own food at such schools...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joey_Johns)
    Which cheap skate boarding school are you thinking of? I wasnt aware you had to make your own food at such schools...
    Not always, but sometimes a little supplementary is necessary...like now

ReputationRep:
    cambridge guys......

how do u manage to live with the poster/blu tack restrictions upon you? (might not apply to all colleges, i dunno though) i will die if i have to stare at pallid yellowing walla for 8 weeks at a time!

on average how many boxes/bags do u all end up carting to and fro from uni?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by winorloose)
    Not always, but sometimes a little supplementary is necessary...like now
    I would have hoped you'd be using the vendor rather than brewing up a bowl of 'economy noodles'

ReputationRep:
    I would have hoped you'd be using the vendor rather than brewing up a bowl of 'economy noodles'
    Vendor? Sorry?

Anyway, I'm not quite using economy noodle, (90p pasta if you must know ), but I know people who do. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Vendor? Sorry?

Anyway, I'm not quite using economy noodle, (90p pasta if you must know ), but I know people who do. :rolleyes:
    Oh you poor dear boys. You dont have quality fresh vendor food

ReputationRep:
    Oh you poor dear boys. You dont have quality fresh vendor food
    No, but if you mean the Mars-sponsored dispensing machines, we have a even better alternative - house shop!

Sweets, crisps, red bull (most importantly) available at any time to U6 (except when we loose the key :mad: ) and we don't ahve to pay cash!

The joys of private education...

ReputationRep:
    No, but if you mean the Mars-sponsored dispensing machines, we have a even better alternative - house shop!

Sweets, crisps, red bull (most importantly) available at any time to U6 (except when we loose the key :mad: ) and we don't ahve to pay cash!

The joys of private education...
    Well no.

Like this, but with nice food in:

http://www.ananova.com/about/story/s...tml?menu=about

lol, we didnt have houses, ours were called 'playrooms'. Oh yes, the amount of jokes from such a name...

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.