Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Well, it was after our "Pirates" end of term bop and we were at a room party. The two of us were having a drunken deep-and-meaningful conversation (we have "history," which really should have been sorted out before then, but I guess at least it's finally done). Then we noticed that two of our friends were getting rather cosy - he commented on it and I said "It's ok, they're married," and he was all "Oh, I don't have anyone to marry, everyone's already taken.....blahblahblah...who still isn't married"

I hadn't been intending to marry this guy, despite everyone telling me I should. However, being drunk, I didn't think, and blurted "Me."

He looked ecstatic, seized my hands and said "Marry me!"

I remembered that I wasn't meant to, asked "Are you sure?" he said "Of course I am, else I wouldn't ask" so I said I would. How sweet. :rolleyes:

I dread to think what the kids will turn out like...

Ah, thats easy, just pack them off to Boarding school pretty much straight a way

I am of course much classier than that, i'd by you a kinder surprise ring for the occasion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joey_Johns)
    Ah, thats easy, just pack them off to Boarding school pretty much straight a way

I am of course much classier than that, i'd by you a kinder surprise ring for the occasion
    You are indeed far classier than him, and I await my kinder surprise ring with eager anticipation.

Unfortunately the kids will be too old for boarding school. We will have to put up with them at Clare :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    You are indeed far classier than him, and I await my kinder surprise ring with eager anticipation.

Unfortunately the kids will be too old for boarding school. We will have to put up with them at Clare :rolleyes:
    I really respect people who become foster parents

Indeed I am, actually, thinking about it, it would probably be better to pop down Elizabeth Duke, the classiest place in town, and get you a real ring. I dread to think how many kinder eggs i'd have to buy to get a ring, especially at 50p a shot. Not that i'm a cheap skate or anything

ReputationRep:
    I really respect people who become foster parents

Indeed I am, actually, thinking about it, it would probably be better to pop down Elizabeth Duke, the classiest place in town, and get you a real ring. I dread to think how many kinder eggs i'd have to buy to get a ring, especially at 50p a shot. Not that i'm a cheap skate or anything
    Ha! Tis hardly fostering - I lost my parents a few weeks into the first term, and my "sister" seems to be doing very well on her own

Hmmm, a classy ring - tempting I don't own any classy jewellery so that could be a perfect way to win me over However, you could eat the Kinder eggs during your hunt, which would be much more fun!

ReputationRep:
    Which cheap skate boarding school are you thinking of? I wasnt aware you had to make your own food at such schools...
    I am very tired and read this as "cheap skate-boarding school". Well it made me laugh anyway.

MB

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.