Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    Why did you wait that long to start?
    I couldn't afford to go before. I used to frequent the bars, pubs and parks!!!

Eva

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bcr8iv)
    It's VERY possible. I'm an expert at going out with nothing and coming home V.pissed. Firstly, you might have to pay for entrance fee. If you don't have anything on you your mates/g.friend will pay (unless your unpopular and smell). Then when your in the club, you just drink the drinks on the side. You'll be suprised how many people leave their drinks. I call it "Tom v Glass collectors".

Obviously the pints are often an hour or so old and don't taste as nice, but its FREE ALCOHOL!!! The best place to look is the surfaces near the dance floor. Why ow why pay for a drnk when you can get it for free. I know, there is a small chance there will be a pill in one...but I'm willing to take that risk...after all, its a free pill too! Double bonus!!!

And thats how most of my nights out went before I got a part time job.

Mod Expression - UKL does not endorse this method of saving money.
    lol this is an extreme way of saving cash, not even i go to these lengths! although i am a bit of a cheapskate.

anybody else take cans of beer into pubs with them? or fill them into pint glasses then bring them down.

Adam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by byb3)
    lol this is an extreme way of saving cash, not even i go to these lengths! although i am a bit of a cheapskate.

anybody else take cans of beer into pubs with them? or fill them into pint glasses then bring them down.

Adam
    we bring in small bottles of vodka/whisky in our pockets of our coats/jackets lol....top up our shots

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by txt_eva)
    Free taxi home cuz I flash to the taxi driver.
    Dignity costs nothing, yet apparently is exchangeable for goods or services.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alec)
    Dignity costs nothing, yet apparently is exchangeable for goods or services.
    Oh so very true!! It's amazign what a few drinks can do for dignity!!

ReputationRep:
    Those were the days, diamond white and 20/20 on park benches...

Not a cider fan... 20/20 and wkd! man, those were the days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by txt_eva)
    Indeed very true. However I find that low cut to means ID is not nessessary

Been clubing since i was 16!
    bouncers where i live are dumb, when i was 17, so many times i got into clubs by showing them my provisional license.

When i go out now when im at uni, i never get IDed because they just assume everyone is a student

ReputationRep:
    I've never been IDed, I think mainly because I've always looked like an old git.
    i used to get IDed quite alot, because i look quite young, and i was young for my school year (Bday is end of july), so ive always been younger than my school mates

ReputationRep:
    Its comical when a mate of mine who's 23 gets IDed ALL the time because he looks about 17.

Women get away with it a lot more, they just flutter their eyelashes at the bouncers!
    yeh, i know this guy who is 20 and he looks really young, he got refused when he asked for an orange juice once :rolleyes:

its cool having ID and being able to legally get in. but it takes away a bit of the fun of getting in underaged i will have to move over to america, its 21 over there isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by byb3)
    I came close last night, it cost me £5.80

I bought 2 juice tickets at the union for £3 each, but sold one for a £5 so it ended up costing me £1.

£2.60 for 2 bottles of reef

£1 for a pint of boddingtons

£1.20 for 2 cans of fosters

Is it possible?

Adam
    Yes, go out on a tuesday or thursday, enter the club before 10.30 pm and don't drink

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I think so.

You're right it is more fun when you're underaged, but when you're older you have more money to get drunk with
    hehe, i dont have more money, im a poor student
    but drinks are cheaper

ReputationRep:
    I drink wkd blue these days never mind them days... wkd blue and port mmmm
    I can't drink WKD anymore...

(Original post by Baron)
    bouncers where i live are dumb, when i was 17, so many times i got into clubs by showing them my provisional license.
    When i go out now when im at uni, i never get IDed because they just assume everyone is a student
    Never got id period

ReputationRep:
    yes you can do it, when you're getting free tequila slammers.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.