Turn on thread page Beta

any1 else in this situation watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    hi just wondered wot wud u lot do in this situation. i got 36/90-E the first time i sat the paper and so resat it and got 28/90 -U
    Im thinkin of resitting it again however they only take the last two marks and if i get a U again my E will be lost lol. do u think i shud gamble?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmz)
    hi just wondered wot wud u lot do in this situation. i got 36/90-E the first time i sat the paper and so resat it and got 28/90 -U
    Im thinkin of resitting it again however they only take the last two marks and if i get a U again my E will be lost lol. do u think i shud gamble?
    it's changed now.

can resit as many time as you like. best result counts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmz)
    Haven't they just changed it so you can now re-sit an unlimited amount of times without losing your best mark?

ReputationRep:
    It depends on if you can spend the time that you would revising for that exam on something else that's going to push up your grades by a greater amount. It also depends on what subject it is, some modules are easier to revise and some of the information you may need to know for Unit 6.

If it was me i'd re-sit; it's not like you have much to lose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    it's changed now.

really? i thought some1 said u can resit any amount of times but only the last two count

ReputationRep:
    it's changed now.

:mad: i wish the college that i went to at the beginning of this year told me that; so i didn't have to re-take all 6 maths modules in a space of 4 months. I'd probably have stayed on to re-sit the modules i did poorly in and came away with a B or maybe an A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    It depends on if you can spend the time that you would revising for that exam on something that's going to push up your grades by a great amount. It also depends on what subject it is, some modules are easier to revise and some of the information you may need to know for Unit 6.

If it was me i'd re-sit; it's not like you have much to lose.
    yea it wud help a bit with the synoptic stuff this year but it wud mean more work but if i get lower than E again i'll be pissed off

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmz)
    really? i thought some1 said u can resit any amount of times but only the last two count
    i think this new rule came in at the start of 2004

too many schools/college were getting confused or something, but yeh...you can resit as many times as u want now

ReputationRep:
    i think that you can resit as many times as you want before cashing in your marks, but they only take your last two consequtive marks attained for that module. so yeah, if you retake it again, you will loseo out on the E if you get an even lower mark.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmz)
    yea it wud help a bit with the synoptic stuff this year but it wud mean more work but if i get lower than E again i'll be pissed off
    Yes, but it's only for a few months. If you can maximise your marks - do it. Every mark matters (and i know speaking from experience by just scraping a C in Maths - exactly the right amount of marks for a C and getting into the university of my choice) It's definitely worth it in the long run.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SasunD)
    i think that you can resit as many times as you want before cashing in your marks, but they only take your last two consequtive marks attained for that module. so yeah, if you retake it again, you will loseo out on the E if you get an even lower mark.

nooooooooooo, it's the best mark you get - doesn't matter when you got it. your best mark counts!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SasunD)
    That was how it worked until recently, but they just changed it

ReputationRep:
    When I saw the thread I thought it would continue:

"You fainted at school and were too embarrassed to go back. What did you do?"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frances)
    That was how it worked until recently, but they just changed it
    soz, last time i checked, like january time it was like that. kool if they have changed it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    When I saw the thread I thought it would continue:

"You fainted at school and were too embarrassed to go back. What did you do?"
    oh i went back lol but tomorrow is the lesson i fainted in and im not sure whether to go to it this week r not

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmz)
    oh i went back lol but tomorrow is the lesson i fainted in and im not sure whether to go to it this week r not
    I'm glad you went back - it would have been silly if you hadn't! I'm sure it's all blown over by now. Just be cool...

ReputationRep:
    nooooooooooo, it's the best mark you get - doesn't matter when you got it. your best mark counts!
    Nope...i'm afraid you're wrong......the rule changed so you can resit as many times as you want....but you can only keep the marks from the last two times you sat the paper.....so if you got 34 first...then 28 just now..and yu were to resit and get say 25....you could only take the 28 and you'd lose the 34 from last summer.

G

ReputationRep:
    ok now i dont know wot to believe. has any1 got any proof

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gzftan)
    Nope...i'm afraid you're wrong......the rule changed so you can resit as many times as you want....but you can only keep the marks from the last two times you sat the paper.....so if you got 34 first...then 28 just now..and yu were to resit and get say 25....you could only take the 28 and you'd lose the 34 from last summer.

G
    depends on the board i think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmz)
    ok now i dont know wot to believe. has any1 got any proof
    Speak to your teacher tomorrow and stop fretting!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.