The Student Room Group

Work the World - Elective Placements

Hi guys,

I'm a second year phsyio student at Birmingham Uni and just heard about the Work the World company that organize elective placements.

I've always wanted to do one so thought about applying to Takoradi in Ghana during the holidays. I had a look at the internet and found mixed reviews about the company so was just wondering if anyone has been with them recently or know people that have and what they've said about it.

Thanks1
Reply 1
Hiya,

Am perhaps too late for a reply to this question. Wanted to add that I, together with a group of student nurses from Birmingham, arranged our elective placements via Work The World. Can't speak highly enough of our experience. It was arranged perfectly and we wouldn't hesitate to recommend them. If anyone else would like any further information about them, I'm happy to answer any questions. We went to Sri Lanka by the way. Mary
Reply 2
I completed a 4 week placement with WTW last summer in Nepal and the only regret I have is that I didnt go for longer! Went far too quickly and I didnt want to leave. The staff in the WTW house were fantastic, always on hand to help out in any way they can. The other students in the house were great and have made some life long friends from all over the world! The hospital itself was fantastic and all the staff were so welcoming, treated me like another member of staff and let me get on with my work which is refreshing in comparison to the tight supervision Ive experienced on placement here; it definitely helped to improve my confidence. I cannot speak highly enough of my experience with WTW, it was the greatest experience of my life and wouldn't swap it for anything. Nepal is a beautiful country full of very welcoming and accommodating people. Your weekends off also provide you with the opportunity to do some travelling and see a bit of the country in and around Pokhara. If you have anymore questions I would be happy to help in anyway I can.

Dearbhla
4th Year physio student
Glasgow
Reply 3
Hi Mary
Can you give me more details about the Sri Lanka experience I'm looking for an experience abroad and was thinking about work the world but with mixed reviews I'm reluctant but have been thinking about Sri Lanka x
Hi, we are off to Pohkara for our WTW placement march 2018!! So excited!! What was the work house like?
has any one gone on an internship with WTW more recently?

Quick Reply

Latest