The Student Room Group

Clubbing Holidays? Where to go?

Right, this summer I am going to Zante with 5 other lads and 2 girls, but next year I am probably going again on holiday with some of those, plus my mates in the year below. There will probably be about 8 guys and 5 girls next year. Obviously, me and a couple of us going to Zante want to maybe go somewhere else, but we're not sure where! We were looking at a few places. Where would everyone rank the following:
Zante
Magaluf
Ayia Napa
Malia
Kavos
Gumbet
Sunny Beach

I've heard Kavos is a bit manky, as well as Malia and Magaluf being the same but not as bad, but I don't mind. Where should we go?
Reply 1
Not Gumbet! Others may have a different opinion I went for 2 week in July last year & I wouldn't call it a clubbing holiday at all to be honest have a better night out down Burnley!.. My Dad went Sunny Beach last year said there was young en's everywhere but not sure if it was more clubbing or bars. I'm thinking of going Malia or Kavos this year they look good! Hope this helps a little.
I went to:

- Albufeira Portgual in 2010, was a lovely experience, me and my friends had no idea what we were doing, but I wouldn't go there for a proper clubbing hoiday.

- Sunny Beach in 2011, AMAZING place. Clubs are brilliant, people are amazing, the beach in beautiful and the PRICES ARE SO CHEAP! I'm talking £1 a pint, £4 for an amazing dinner with soft-drinks, good food. I would love to go back to Bulgaria to experience it again :smile: There are a mixture of clubs and bars.

- Went Zante last year, amazing. Bloody awesome holiday, so many stories, clubs were absolutely incredible, prices were fairly decent. For 5 Euros, me and my friends would get 3 cocktails , 3 shots and 3 mixers. The only thing that sucked when we went was the vodka quality was awful, literally vile :l Food is good, for 10euros we were getting a starter & main and 3 free drinks (pints, mixers, cocktails), some would say 15 Euros for a free bar, 2 bottles of crappy vodka on the table, fishbowls etc. The beach was pretty poor, but we would go to a beach restaraunt, get some sunbeds and put them in the sea... it's 40 degrees and even the water was nice and warm :smile: Clubbing was brilliant though, some people were a little rowdy (not going to lie) but other than that I had an amazing time, miss it quite alot and would love to go back. It is a PROPER strip of clubbing, if none of us met a girl or anything we would easily go clubbing up until 7am/8am.

- Malia was like Zante IMO, only thing better was drink quality and prices if anything.

- A friend of mine went Napa, and said it was brilliant, that's all the info I can give on that lol

- Maga is crazy, but full of men and rowdy guys. Clubs are frikken mental, some are expensive to get into. 50euros entry but free drinks (got a pint of tequila lool)

That's all the help from experience I can offer, sorry :frown: This has made me miss Zanteeeeee
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
Thanks guys, didn't think Gumbet, but I'm warming to Sunny Beach more now as well as Malia and Napa:smile: Anymore experiences would be greatly appreciated.
Reply 4
I went to Sunny Beach last year with my friends, post A-Level, pre-uni. We went 7th-15th July for about £440 per person all inclusive.
The main benefit I'd say is the cost. You'd be unlikely to get a similar quality hotel at that time for the same price in the other resorts.
Going out is just ridiculously cheap. All around the bars and clubs are mini-marts stocking all the spirits. Vodka is under £5 per litre, and it doesnt taste like paint stripper. In the more peripheral bars, you pay just over 50p a pint, or under 50p per measure of spirits (bearing in mind that a Bulgarian measure is 40ml compared to the UKs 25ml).
Theres all sorts of bar crawls/foam parties/party boats etc every day, with bar crawls including Tshirts+Free shots starting at about £8! Beach bars offering all you can drink for under £20.
Club entry varies. From the famous Disco Orange charging about £15 I think, to the free bars and great clubs inbetween like Lazur for £4. Girls often get in free, in an attempt to improve the bro to hoe ratio.
Speaking of girls, theres plenty. Mostly Scandinavian but who's ever said that Swedish girls are a bad thing.
Many people will try and get you paranoid about Mafia+corruption etc but I didnt see any of it and it'll only concern those stupid enough to start fights and run from taxi fares. Never felt unsafe at any point (even though you can buy tasers on the street).

So basically! Really lively like the other resorts, maybe not quite as mental but its not exactly quiet! The main benefit is the cost, main drawback is that its less well known, and won't feel rammed like Maga etc. Any questions just reply or PM me
I went to Gumbet last year with two friends. Was really fun, we did go in june so imagine in july/august there would be alot more people there! we didnt meet alot of brits but made friends with the locals. The plus side to it is its cheap plus the bar staff gave us free drinks, Think I only bought a couple aha. The best bar is Atlantis!! and loved club vogue. Although if your looking for somwhere with booze cruises and drinking games its not really got any and dont go to the water park its nothing exciting haha. But its fun and the weathers great!
Reply 6
thanks so far guys, kind of want to go to some places before they die out (ie malia and kos look like they arent as popular as before) but I also wanna go sunny beach! Decisions decisions.
I think you should check this HUGE PARTY that takes place in Mallorca before booking nothing..... It's called Sound Park Festival (you can look for it in Google :-)

I attended this Spring Break Trip last year and it was insane. Mallorca is beautiful and I also met lots of young people from different places all over the world. And that parties....24/7. Amazing experience, I truly recommend it! :-)

It's a trip that includes accommodation, full board (if you want, you can book it cheaper without meals included), tickets+open bar to BCM, MILLENIUM nightclubs, daytime parties with dj`s and live concerts, sport contests...) and only for 210GBP! o_O

IN-CRE-DI-BLE
Reply 8
Reading about Sunny beach is really making me want to go, home much spending money you guys take with you?
Reply 9
booking Kos very soon for 9 of us before we split off for uni, we're going to go for the end of June to Kardemena. It was on Sun, Sex & Suspicious parents last night and looked great so i'm even more excited now. We did look at Malia but i've heard a few stories on that and been told it's a 'dive' but Kos has the sun, beach and the nightlife we want so I think it'll be great!
Reply 10
Original post by Swanbow
Reading about Sunny beach is really making me want to go, home much spending money you guys take with you?

I was all inclusive in Sunny Beach for the week and I took £130 with me and changed it gradually while I was over there. Spent it all. I'd say about £200 is ideal depending upon how crazy you want to go
Original post by tovers93
I was all inclusive in Sunny Beach for the week and I took £130 with me and changed it gradually while I was over there. Spent it all. I'd say about £200 is ideal depending upon how crazy you want to go

I think the best is booking an all inclusive pack so that you only spend a bit more of your budget. It's a good way to control your expenses. For example, I'm going with Brianna (she commented few posts ago) to Sound Park Festival 2013 in Mallorca and we have paid 240GBP for a whole-week full pack, including accommodation, full board, discos' tickets with open bar, excursions, daytime parties,... If we spend more, it will be because we want to buy some souvenirs :tongue:
Reply 12
I‘ve been to Sunny Beach, great place, great laugh and cheap.. But.. It‘s got to be Ibiza mate, if you have enough money for it then there really is no competition mark my words that place is heaven on Earth haha
Original post by Spoonforknife
I went to:

- Albufeira Portgual in 2010, was a lovely experience, me and my friends had no idea what we were doing, but I wouldn't go there for a proper clubbing hoiday.

- Sunny Beach in 2011, AMAZING place. Clubs are brilliant, people are amazing, the beach in beautiful and the PRICES ARE SO CHEAP! I'm talking £1 a pint, £4 for an amazing dinner with soft-drinks, good food. I would love to go back to Bulgaria to experience it again :smile: There are a mixture of clubs and bars.

- Went Zante last year, amazing. Bloody awesome holiday, so many stories, clubs were absolutely incredible, prices were fairly decent. For 5 Euros, me and my friends would get 3 cocktails , 3 shots and 3 mixers. The only thing that sucked when we went was the vodka quality was awful, literally vile :l Food is good, for 10euros we were getting a starter & main and 3 free drinks (pints, mixers, cocktails), some would say 15 Euros for a free bar, 2 bottles of crappy vodka on the table, fishbowls etc. The beach was pretty poor, but we would go to a beach restaraunt, get some sunbeds and put them in the sea... it's 40 degrees and even the water was nice and warm :smile: Clubbing was brilliant though, some people were a little rowdy (not going to lie) but other than that I had an amazing time, miss it quite alot and would love to go back. It is a PROPER strip of clubbing, if none of us met a girl or anything we would easily go clubbing up until 7am/8am.

- Malia was like Zante IMO, only thing better was drink quality and prices if anything.

- A friend of mine went Napa, and said it was brilliant, that's all the info I can give on that lol

- Maga is crazy, but full of men and rowdy guys. Clubs are frikken mental, some are expensive to get into. 50euros entry but free drinks (got a pint of tequila lool)

That's all the help from experience I can offer, sorry :frown: This has made me miss Zanteeeeee

Where did you stay in Zante? Would you recommend it?
Reply 14
Gumbet is fantastic! We're going back this year for the 3rd time, we absolutely love it!! Bars are great, beach is great, food and drink is great, and the weather is unbelievable! Give it a go! You wont be disappointed!

:tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest