Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I received a letter from Littlewoods which claims that I have been awarded a sum of money, up to £1,500 to spend on their catalogue. It goes like this:

Congratulations! You have been awarded a sum of money to spend as you wish on Littlewoods goods.*

It could be any amount up to a maximum of £1,500. We guarantee it will be no less than £15.

To claim your Award sign the Award Claim Form below and return it within 14 days in the envelope provided (no stamp required).

Your award will be released within 28 days along with the catalogue from which you can choose your goods - It's as simple as that! However, please note: we are unable to release your award unless we receive your claim within the next 14 days,

Yours sincerely

<some printed signature>

GENERAL MANAGER

*The award is conditional on being accepted as a Littlewoods customer (Acceptable subject to statud)

So, what do you think guys? It sounds kinda dodgy doesn't it since I have never really shopped at Littlewoods and I dunno how they got my address. It also says I have to sign up before I can receive the £1,500. It sounds really dodgy. Should I report this or something?

ReputationRep:
    100% dodgy

then again, I got a letter from Littlewoods (used to work in their distribution centre) asking if I still worked there. I left 3 years ago.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by byakugan_neji)
    Hi, I received a letter from Littlewoods which claims that I have been awarded a sum of money, up to £1,500 to spend on their catalogue. It goes like this:

Congratulations! You have been awarded a sum of money to spend as you wish on Littlewoods goods.*

It could be any amount up to a maximum of £1,500. We guarantee it will be no less than £15.

To claim your Award sign the Award Claim Form below and return it within 14 days in the envelope provided (no stamp required).

Your award will be released within 28 days along with the catalogue from which you can choose your goods - It's as simple as that! However, please note: we are unable to release your award unless we receive your claim within the next 14 days,

Yours sincerely

<some printed signature>

GENERAL MANAGER

*The award is conditional on being accepted as a Littlewoods customer (Acceptable subject to statud)

So, what do you think guys? It sounds kinda dodgy doesn't it since I have never really shopped at Littlewoods and I dunno how they got my address. It also says I have to sign up before I can receive the £1,500. It sounds really dodgy. Should I report this or something?
    So what's the harm in sending the form off?!

ReputationRep:

Yours sincerely

<some printed signature>

GENERAL MANAGER

why don't you write to littlewoods ands ask them to check if it's real?

ReputationRep:

Yours sincerely

<some printed signature>

GENERAL MANAGER

I got one of those. Found it's way into the bin, as it probably means get a store card and we'll put £15 on it for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meepmeep)
    I got one of those. Found it's way into the bin, as it probably means get a store card and we'll put £15 on it for you.
    Exactly what I was thinking. I don't think it's fake.

Either that or "If you spend £100 or more from our catalogue, we'll give you back £15"

Or even, just a gesture in the hope that while yupo are looking for stuff to spend the £15 on, you will find lots of other stuff, spend a lot of money, recommend the catalogue to various people, etc etc...in which case you may profit them and their £15 to you will be a good deal.

ReputationRep:

Yours sincerely

<some printed signature>

GENERAL MANAGER

not sure if it's dodgy but they're annoying....report it anyway, my sister got one, it's a a load of bolocks

ReputationRep:

Yours sincerely

<some printed signature>

GENERAL MANAGER

i got one!, threw it away tho, looked dodgy...and i never shop there

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.