Whos applied for Graphic Design at Sheffield Hallam? Watch

econgreve
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I have applied to the graphic design course at Sheffield Hallam this year 2013, I was just wondering who else has applied?
castintoforever
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Me! Interview on Feb 6th
Gabjermy
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Me! Interview 23rd jan

Posted from TSR Mobile
econgreve
Rep:
?
(Original post by castintoforever)
Me! Interview on Feb 6th
Mines on the 6th of Feb too!
castintoforever
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by econgreve)
Mines on the 6th of Feb too!
See you there then!
econgreve
Rep:
?
See you there then!
Sure will! Pretty nervous about it all tbh. Are you currently doing graphics?
shannon_12x
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
me!! mines 30th jan
econgreve
Rep:
?
(Original post by shannon_12x)
me!! mines 30th jan
oh really? I'm really nervous for my interview!
Do you know what's happening with the interview process? I know it's a group discussion
castintoforever
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Sure will! Pretty nervous about it all tbh. Are you currently doing graphics?
No, but I'm doing Foundation at the moment. Really not sure what the interview will be like! D:
econgreve
Rep:
?
No, but I'm doing Foundation at the moment. Really not sure what the interview will be like! D:
Me either, I'm currently doing a BTEC art and design, so this graphic design course will be so different! The interview process sounds slightly scary haha
shannon_12x
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
oh really? I'm really nervous for my interview!
Do you know what's happening with the interview process? I know it's a group discussion
me too i'm excited though! all i know is the group discussion and a tour of the facilities, then i'm guessing there's a one on one interview? not sure though. i've not done a foundation but i'm retaking a year of a levels to get better grades so hope i get in, fingers crossed
econgreve
Rep:
?
(Original post by shannon_12x)
me too i'm excited though! all i know is the group discussion and a tour of the facilities, then i'm guessing there's a one on one interview? not sure though. i've not done a foundation but i'm retaking a year of a levels to get better grades so hope i get in, fingers crossed
Oh right, from what I read I was guessing the group part was the interview but in front of everyone. I have not taken a graphics course, so I have no idea what to expect, but should be good. Fingers crossed too
Gabjermy
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Had my interview today, it's basically 35 people split into groups of 7, with one tutor per group. 30 minute chat in the group, then watch a presentation while they look through portfolio without us. Really chilled out, nothing to worry about at alllll

Posted from TSR Mobile
econgreve
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by Gabjermy)
Had my interview today, it's basically 35 people split into groups of 7, with one tutor per group. 30 minute chat in the group, then watch a presentation while they look through portfolio without us. Really chilled out, nothing to worry about at alllll

Posted from TSR Mobile
That sounds good! In the 30min chat with the group was there many questions to answer ect?
Gabjermy
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
That sounds good! In the 30min chat with the group was there many questions to answer ect?
The tutor asked everyone to briefly describe the process they went through for a project of your choice, and if he felt you didn't describe it fully he asked a question eg, who inspired you etc... You only get a few minutes before he moves onto the next person. After everyone had spoke we left our portfolios on the table and went to watch a presentation, then when we came back all portfolios had been left open on his favourite page, which I thought was nice

Posted from TSR Mobile
econgreve
Rep:
?
The tutor asked everyone to briefly describe the process they went through for a project of your choice, and if he felt you didn't describe it fully he asked a question eg, who inspired you etc... You only get a few minutes before he moves onto the next person. After everyone had spoke we left our portfolios on the table and went to watch a presentation, then when we came back all portfolios had been left open on his favourite page, which I thought was nice

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sorry to brother you, again. When you say processes do you mean: techniques through the project? Or can it be describing why you choose to do it and the meaning behind it a long with artists that's inspire you?
Gabjermy
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Sorry to brother you, again. When you say processes do you mean: techniques through the project? Or can it be describing why you choose to do it and the meaning behind it a long with artists that's inspire you?
Don't worry, basically anything you want to say about it, either the process, or the brief, or why you did it, literally anything. It's really brief, one or two minutes talking

Posted from TSR Mobile
castintoforever
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, is there a one on one thing as well or just the group stuff? Thanks
Gabjermy
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi, is there a one on one thing as well or just the group stuff? Thanks
No, it's all in a group of about 7

Posted from TSR Mobile
econgreve
Rep:
?
Don't worry, basically anything you want to say about it, either the process, or the brief, or why you did it, literally anything. It's really brief, one or two minutes talking

Posted from TSR Mobile
In your portfolio did you include any sketchbooks?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Course Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 2 Feb '20
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20

- Have you considered distance learning for any of your qualifications?

Yes! I'm on a distance learning course right now (5)
8.33%
Yes, I've thought about it but haven't signed up yet (5)
8.33%
No, but maybe I will look into it (15)
25%
No and I wouldn't consider it (35)
58.33%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise