Turn on thread page Beta

Mothers' Day watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    mothers have a thing for noticing movements and mess. me and ma bf and mates liam and kris knocked over the pot puri wen his m n d went out, we cleaned every last drop of it and made it spotless. AND SHE STIL NOTICED! its like its inbuilt to b detective or somet! darn mother nature!

ReputationRep:
    Both me & my mother have to work on Mother's day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heather_1)
    Both me & my mother have to work on Mother's day
    damn! so wen u celebrtaing it?

i cant belive tho that theres cards saying "happy mothers day to my wife" :confused: im sure they have anniversarys for that...

ReputationRep:
    Dammit!!!
    I need to get hold of a crappy old person music cd for her or something...
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by lumpycustard)
    i cant belive tho that theres cards saying "happy mothers day to my wife" :confused: im sure they have anniversarys for that...
    I would imagine they're for mothers who's children aren't able to send them cards - either because they're dead or have some sort of disability.

We always used to buy flowers for our babysitter because her only son died when he was 14...she used to cry every mothers day but I hope that knowing that every single child on our street thought of her as a second mum made things easier to cope with.

My cousin is also never likely to understand mothers day enough to be able to send her mum a card as she's autistic...her mum is the most amazing mother and I think it's lovely that even though my cousin can't say thanks (well she does in her own way) the entire family makes an effort to say thanks for her

ReputationRep:
    mothers have a thing for noticing movements and mess. me and ma bf and mates liam and kris knocked over the pot puri wen his m n d went out, we cleaned every last drop of it and made it spotless. AND SHE STIL NOTICED! its like its inbuilt to b detective or somet! darn mother nature!
    that's eerie.... maybe she has hidden surveillance cameras inbuilt into the kitchen spotlights and she saw EVERYTHING you got up to in the kitchen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)
    LOL that's a pretty good idea actually - she did say she wants us to keep the house clean
    although she'll probably still find traces of dust somewhere
    i is goin away away on mothers day. i ave an athletics comp in cardiff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    I would imagine they're for mothers who's children aren't able to send them cards - either because they're dead or have some sort of disability.

We always used to buy flowers for our babysitter because her only son died when he was 14...she used to cry every mothers day but I hope that knowing that every single child on our street thought of her as a second mum made things easier to cope with.

My cousin is also never likely to understand mothers day enough to be able to send her mum a card as she's autistic...her mum is the most amazing mother and I think it's lovely that even though my cousin can't say thanks (well she does in her own way) the entire family makes an effort to say thanks for her
    Never thought of it that way... i change my mind now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)
    that's eerie.... maybe she has hidden surveillance cameras inbuilt into the kitchen spotlights and she saw EVERYTHING you got up to in the kitchen
    eek!

well i hope not! but they may have coz his dad is an electrican/computer person and knows just about everythin to dow ith wiring things up etc etc ARGH! NO! THE THOUGHT OF IT!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    You could clean the house from top to bottom while she's away, and cook her a lovely meal for when she gets back.
    Hello people! That is a really good idea Amb1! My mum would love it if we did that... no such luck though! We're planning on booking her a balloon flight for mothers day and not telling her about it/giving her any other prezzies, just putting her in the car and driving her to the place blindfolded

ReputationRep:
    hey lumpy lou, im in the IT rooms.

my mum knows everything, even if something has only been moved a millimeter!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cate)
    Hello people! That is a really good idea Amb1! My mum would love it if we did that... no such luck though! We're planning on booking her a balloon flight for mothers day and not telling her about it/giving her any other prezzies, just putting her in the car and driving her to the place blindfolded
    how much are balloon flights?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShiftySte)
    Well, they vary a lot, but between £115 and £160.

ReputationRep:
    what do u want to know that for?!

ReputationRep:
    what do u want to know that for?!
    huuuuum, secret. sorry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cate)
    I thought we needed a mothers' day thread, seeing as it is next week, to share gift ideas etc. Me and eeyore are getting our mum a balloon flight, as it is something she's wanted to do for ages. What about you people?
    ive got her a couple of dvds and a george benson cd (yawn!!)

ReputationRep:
    huuuuum, secret. sorry.
    well woteva it is can i come???!!! iv always wanted a balloon ride!

ReputationRep:
    Im getting my mum a big bottle of Chanel No 5.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~*glitter*~)
    ive got her a couple of dvds and a george benson cd (yawn!!)
    hehe, mum really wants the book for the TV series 'A place in france' but that will have to wait!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cate)
    hehe, mum really wants the book for the TV series 'A place in france' but that will have to wait!
    my mums always wanted to do the balloon thing as well but its alittle expencive to pay for on ur own!!!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.