Sites similar to Marked by Teachers. Watch

rkhatun
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hello
I stumbled across the site Marked by Teachers, but I realised you have to pay to use the full content. I am curious to know if there are any sites similar to Marked by Teachers, but are free to use?

Thanks in advance.
Mr T
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hey rkhatun,

Marked by Teachers is actually a sister site to TSR (that is both sites are owned by The Student Room Group) - as far as I know there aren't any sites out there that offer the same sort of resource as Marked by Teachers. However you don't just have to pay the subscription fee to get full access to the site, you can also submit your own work to the database, each piece of work that passes the quality control checks earns you a free 24hr pass (redeemable when ever you want).

Essay submission doesn't give you immediate access, but is an alternative to access if you don't want to pay the subscription - however the subscription fee is only set at £4.99 per month, but I appreciate that this could be too much for some. Out of interest what would you be prepared to pay for a subscription for this sort of service (if at all!)?

Hope this helps and I would love to hear your views
rkhatun
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Oh I see, I wasn't aware that submitting an essay can give you some access.

Well I don't want to pay for it at all, since I won't be using it a lot. I'd rather have something to use only when I need to.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sazzy890
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
This isn't a service I would use as I'm not actually a student any more however I imagine lots of students are of the same view as rkhatun so just as an idea, could Marked by Teachers have a pay as you go option so that people can pay as and when they need it rather than having to subscribe when they're only likely to use it every now and then?
jsp_1983
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Mr T)
Hey rkhatun,

Marked by Teachers is actually a sister site to TSR (that is both sites are owned by The Student Room Group) - as far as I know there aren't any sites out there that offer the same sort of resource as Marked by Teachers. However you don't just have to pay the subscription fee to get full access to the site, you can also submit your own work to the database, each piece of work that passes the quality control checks earns you a free 24hr pass (redeemable when ever you want).

Essay submission doesn't give you immediate access, but is an alternative to access if you don't want to pay the subscription - however the subscription fee is only set at £4.99 per month, but I appreciate that this could be too much for some. Out of interest what would you be prepared to pay for a subscription for this sort of service (if at all!)?

Hope this helps and I would love to hear your views
I would probably pay the £6.99/ month if the quality of the site was improved

At the moment, just looking at the site it's unclear to me if it can meet my needs. For example, I'm looking for what people might have written about design - but any design-related documents you might have are lost in a sea of irrelevant documents about art, history and crafts. If it needs its own category, give it one. I'd rather find one or two, or none, in a niche category, than have to wade through hundreds of irrelevant results.

The search facility needs to be improved - if I search for a phrase, I see results, but there's no confirmation that the results actually contain the phrase. So I'm wondering, "are these results relevant, or is the search facility not very good?"

I want to know what makes a good essay/ report and what doesn't, so being able to see the mark for each document is fundamental - but the site doesn't give the mark for each document. I could be reading lots of really good documents or lots of really bad documents, from a tutor's perspective - I wouldn't have much of a clue.

Which year/ level of a degree was the document submitted for? Relating to the above, it might be really good for the first year of a degree, but is it sufficient for the final year of one?

I'm not interested in documents from outside the UK. I would want to filter all of those out of my searches.

I hope that each page of results for logged-in users doesn't require them to set the number of results to show each time they do a search - it soon gets tedious.

The search facility itself is a bit slow.

I moan a lot, don't I? Just wanted to chip in my thoughts on why I'm hesitant to part with my £6.99.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you registered to vote?

18-20 years old (yes) (260)
54.28%
18-20 years old (no) (62)
12.94%
20-25 years old (yes) (80)
16.7%
20-25 years old (no) (9)
1.88%
25-30 years old (yes) (25)
5.22%