Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)
    yeah.... i though i told you to go and tidy your room Cate.... stop messing around on UKL!
    by the way that's sposed to be a joke

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    If my mum started using this forum I simply could not use it anymore. I can be myself on here but I can't if I knew my mum was reading every thing I said!
    I'm luckey that i don't have that problem then. My mum doesn'tt even know how to turn on a computer, let aone access this forum.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    I've stopped doing that now, I've been using ALT F4 instead. And also quickly copying what ever I was writing into the clipboard.
    oh dear oh dear - ALT F4 - why close a window when you can simply minimise it (Windows key + M - minimise all windows) or switch to something serious looking (Alt+tab cycle between open windows).

If you want more tips and have half an hour to spare this thread: http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/alabas...?thread=315996 is packed full of em

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    I'm luckey that i don't have that problem then. My mum doesn'tt even know how to turn on a computer, let aone access this forum.
    Well, practically no parents do, thankfully.
    They know nothing about me, and i want to keep it that way!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iluvatar)
    Well, practically no parents do, thankfully.
    They know nothing about me, and i want to keep it that way!
    my mum still cant turn her fone on with mankin it up somehow. and the way she texts and holds her fone is just hilarious! bless her little cotton socks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lumpycustard)
    my mum still cant turn her fone on with mankin it up somehow. and the way she texts and holds her fone is just hilarious! bless her little cotton socks!
    I know what you mean.
    My mum didn't know that the read text option lets you read a text you recieved.
    And she doesn't have a clue how to send them.

ReputationRep:
    I know what you mean.
    My mum didn't know that the read text option lets you read a text you recieved.
    And she doesn't have a clue how to send them.
    yeah my mum has no idea how to put her phone on keylock either - tho she has evolved to the stage where she can send text messages to me with PHONE ME written in big letters...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)
    yeah my mum has no idea how to put her phone on keylock either - tho she has evolved to the stage where she can send text messages to me with PHONE ME written in big letters...
    Haha!
    Yeah, i have to do it for her every time too.
    What is so hard about phones?
    I mean, come on!!!

ReputationRep:
    *tut tut* modern technologies for the old uns eh!?

ReputationRep:
    Lol, it's the same with my mum. Although she can actually turn the phone on, she always has to ask me how to use it, even if I've told her thousands of times before!

ReputationRep:
    *tut tut* modern technologies for the old uns eh!?
    I know.
    Why do old people always think they are superior to younger people, when they can't even work a mobile phone, a computer, or anything else invented after the first ice age?

ReputationRep:
    The best was last summer, when an oldish person I know had to make a phone call from her pay as u go 3210 (she still had the original £10 credit that she put on it when she bought it 2 years previously!)... she'd got the number on the screen, and wanted to know how to phone the number.......... blatantly ignoring the large green button just below the part on the screen that says 'CALL'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)
    The best was last summer, when an oldish person I know had to make a phone call from her pay as u go 3210 (she still had the original £10 credit that she put on it when she bought it 2 years previously!)... she'd got the number on the screen, and wanted to know how to phone the number.......... blatantly ignoring the large green button just below the part on the screen that says 'CALL'
    Yeah, i know.
    I can honestly say i haven't met a single person who i would concider old, who can actually use their mobile phone reasonably well.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    I know.
    Why do old people always think they are superior to younger people, when they can't even work a mobile phone, a computer, or anything else invented after the first ice age?
    Yeah but they can (and more importantly do) use washing machines, tumble dryers, cookers, dishwashers/sinks, irons ( :eek: ) etc etc etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    Yeah but they can (and more importantly do) use washing machines, tumble dryers, cookers, dishwashers/sinks, irons ( :eek: ) etc etc etc
    I object! I can use all of those things. Except the tumble drier.

ReputationRep:
    il b training lou up soon enough. lol

ReputationRep:
    tis a very good point my dear pencil!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShiftySte)
    il b training lou up soon enough. lol
    wil u bum!

ReputationRep:
    Well, yeah, but they aren't important things though.
    I mean, who needs to know how to use a cooker?

ReputationRep:
    Well, yeah, but they aren't important things though.
    I mean, who needs to know how to use a cooker?
    more important is the art of getting someone (gf/mum!?) to do it for you!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 12, 2004
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.