Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    "Angels transcend every religion, every philosophy, every creed. In fact angels have no religion as we know it...their existence precedes every religious system that has ever existed on earth."

St. Thomas Aquinas

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sasha D)
    "Angels transcend every religion, every philosophy, every creed. In fact angels have no religion as we know it...their existence precedes every religious system that has ever existed on earth."

St. Thomas Aquinas
    I think they do, there's got to be something more than just us - how els would we explain the unexplained?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sasha D)
    I think they do, there's got to be something more than just us - how els would we explain the unexplained?

Science.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MadNatSci)
    Science.
    yes but not everything in the universe has been explained.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    Angel comes from Greek aggelos (I think) which means messenger. I vaguely recall 'angels coming down from heaven' meaning a messenger came from the 'church' of the time. Or something.
    ive got a feeling that there may be a reference to dogma in this thread at some point

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking just yesterday - how did Sunderland get to the semis of the FA cup!? Then I realised, it must be those bloody angels again.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm no I was being serious. Apparently, the angel names were titles given to real priests and passed on, examples being Gabriel, Michael and Zadok. So there.
    sry, i didnt mean to imply that i thought you werent being serious, i just have a feeling it will happen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baron)
    ive got a feeling that there may be a reference to dogma in this thread at some point
    good film though

ReputationRep:
    I'll try and work a dogma reference in somewhere sometime tonight.
    speaking of dogma....do you think ther's any truth in it? I mean, the book holygrail,holy blood, something like that, well i searched for it on the net (good old google) and it said that one of the ideas was that Jesus may have had a child and his blood line could be continued....that's what happened to the starring woman....don't diss the dogma!

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to believe there are, but I am generally agnostic when things like this come to light.....

ReputationRep:
    (the) Holy Blood (and the) Holy Grail by Micheal Baigent, Richard Leigh and Henry Lindcoln.

Got in in front of me as i type. My dad gave it to me to read last year and it's fantastic!

Having done my hostorical research, I will believe in angels fully before i believe everything in the bible.

ReputationRep:
    I love it when shite footy teams randomly get to the semi's and finals of big tournaments. "From nowhere", hehe..

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.