The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Alexii
Do you think it would be possible to do a German or French A level in a year if you're doing no other subjects, assuming you got an A at GCSE but haven't done any for 2 years ?

Thanks

If you did it constantly, and did no other subjects, yes. If not, no way.
Reply 2
Alexii
Do you think it would be possible to do a German or French A level in a year if you're doing no other subjects, assuming you got an A at GCSE but haven't done any for 2 years ?

Thanks

I reckon so. It would also help if you went to the country in question quite a few times during the year. My plan for getting one grade lower than I need is to spend a year in France then take French A Level:wink:
Although I really am hoping to do the year in Argentina instead:biggrin:
Reply 3
yeah im doin 2 full a-levels in a year. have actually done better doin AS in 6 months than i did when i done it in a yr!
paddylad.. why do you want one grade lower than you need>
Reply 5
Yeah schools are usually quite alright with the whole A-level in a year thing. I'll be doing Bio next year all in one go. The only problem though is after the AS's, Year 12s go back in many schools for a few weeks before the summer hols. Therefore, doing an A-level in a year means you miss that little bit, so if you want it all in one year talk to your teachers ASAP and see if you can audit a class before the summer.
If it'll be your only subject, then yes, definitely possible, although it'll take you a while to back into it if you haven't studied it since GCSE and the gap to A-level is pretty big anyway.
Reply 7
motoroller
paddylad.. why do you want one grade lower than you need>

Oh I meant that that is what I'll do if I get one grade lower, I really would like good grades:biggrin:
Reply 8
It's perfectly possible, no guarantee that you'll do well though. You can get some a2 courses which are specifically designed to be done in one year; we do in our school. Perhaps spending some time in that country will improve your ability. You could consider doing a language course beforehand.

Latest