Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Im currently evaluating my biology practical and I have to think up some limitations of the apparatus and techniques used.
    I think I can manage with techniques but I really cant think of any limitations of apparatus used. First of all Im not 100% sure what it means by limitations of the apparatus etc.
    I used a water bath - heating some water and kept it at a constant temp
    test tubes? limitations??
    pipette? it was the right size and very accurate
    stop watch
    scissors
    test tube rack lol
    thats all i used so can anyone help me out? thanks
    o nearly forgot to say, the experiment was just to see how the rate of reaction changes with different concentrates of enzymes in each test tube kept at a constant temperature hence the use of a water bath.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hero)
    Im currently evaluating my biology practical and I have to think up some limitations of the apparatus and techniques used.
    I think I can manage with techniques but I really cant think of any limitations of apparatus used. First of all Im not 100% sure what it means by limitations of the apparatus etc.
    I used a water bath - heating some water and kept it at a constant temp
    test tubes? limitations??
    pipette? it was the right size and very accurate
    stop watch
    scissors
    test tube rack lol
    thats all i used so can anyone help me out? thanks
    o nearly forgot to say, the experiment was just to see how the rate of reaction changes with different concentrates of enzymes in each test tube kept at a constant temperature hence the use of a water bath.

what is your experiment about?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    what is your experiment about?
    the digestion of gelatin on photographic film in a solution of pancreatin.
    one of the ones i thought of was the thickness of the photographic film.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.