Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Okay...me is running the London Marathon pretty soon. And ive gotta raise £1500. Im doing okish so far, organised tag day at my school so shud get quite a bit in that, and got £500 in sponsers, im doing a collection at school, but i still need some ideas...anybody got any???

Im raising it for National Asthma Campaign. Hmm...

ReputationRep:
    P-lllleeeeeease help me!!

ReputationRep:
    errm, the usual really I guess, we are raising money as a group for our graduation. We have held club nights, where we have managed to get a Nottingham club, midweek to let us hire for free, got mates to dj, and charged £3 entry, get about £200 for that, but if you are at school, that is probably a no.

Sponsored things, like silences?

A Bring and Buy sale?

A cake stall?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kita)
    Okay...me is running the London Marathon pretty soon. And ive gotta raise £1500. Im doing okish so far, organised tag day at my school so shud get quite a bit in that, and got £500 in sponsers, im doing a collection at school, but i still need some ideas...anybody got any???

Im raising it for National Asthma Campaign. Hmm...
    wow! ur runin the marathon! wooohoooooooooo! well done i is proud!

what about chargin to see funny things like a havin a male teachers' legs waxed or smetin!? id pay to see that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shazza)
    errm, the usual really I guess, we are raising money as a group for our graduation. We have held club nights, where we have managed to get a Nottingham club, midweek to let us hire for free, got mates to dj, and charged £3 entry, get about £200 for that, but if you are at school, that is probably a no.

Sponsored things, like silences?

A Bring and Buy sale?

A cake stall?
    yeah...hmmm. I just thought of an idea. ka ching!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lumpycustard)
    wow! ur runin the marathon! wooohoooooooooo! well done i is proud!

what about chargin to see funny things like a havin a male teachers' legs waxed or smetin!? id pay to see that!
    Yeah i had an idea of doing the weakest link, but with the teachers, called the weakest teacher...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kita)
    Yeah i had an idea of doing the weakest link, but with the teachers, called the weakest teacher...
    that would be cool, but you would probably have to have a prize of some sort... How about being saved from a leg wax, if you win.. or getting to pick who gets the leg wax?
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    What about asking if your local chippy/sandwich shop or something similar would be willing to pay £100-£500 to have you run it wearing an advert for them...it's unlikely that it would be seen but you could have a nice photo done at the end of the race to put up in the shop so they will get something out of it.

If there's no local businesses interested try writing in a letter to your local paper for business sponsorship - all it takes is a few stickers or a vest thingy with the logo/name on it.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.childline.org.uk/AtoZoffundraisingideas.asp

take a look at these two A-Z fundraising ideas

http://www.wwf.org.uk/core/takeaction/e_0000000673.asp

ReputationRep:
    You need a friend who loves you very much and is up for a giggle

Call my cynical but the human race enjoys laughing at others ~ Play on this and milk them for all they're worth

A few months back we convinced an unsuspecting friend that his Afro "had to go." By informing everyone we drew quite a crowd (over 1000) people.

Standing on a stage with a huge afro and a razor tends to get people to cough up. Inform them that you won't do anything unless everyone donates 50p/£1 etc...

They'll do it, just you watch

Works similarly well with guys with long/curly/afro hair, or even extremely hairy backs/tummy/legs (wax anyone? )

Good luck and have fun

Dreama xxx

ReputationRep:
    Get sponsored to shave your head.

ReputationRep:
    the ones people love to laugh at most are teachers! hehe, even better the evil teachers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bitewing)
    Get sponsored to shave your head.
    crazy idea bitewing. asking a girl to shave their head. shame on you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jayrosser2004)
    crazy idea bitewing. asking a girl to shave their head. shame on you
    I can't see the problem in it myself!

Note: I'm a girl and I'd do it... well maybe...

ReputationRep:
    I can't see the problem in it myself!

Note: I'm a girl and I'd do it... well maybe...
    bet you wouldnt

ReputationRep:
    You could do a sponsored sleep, as long as you are asleep you get so much an hour.

How about a sponsored breathe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jayrosser2004)
    bet you wouldnt
    No, your probably right. I would consider it though, then probably back out and run away at the last minute.

ReputationRep:
    No, your probably right. I would consider it though, then probably back out and run away at the last minute.
    I wouldnt do it either nd im a boy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    You could do a sponsored sleep, as long as you are asleep you get so much an hour.

How about a sponsored breathe.
    ok they both sound like wikid ideas!!!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 12, 2004
Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.