The Student Room Group
Canterbury Cathedral
Canterbury Christ Church University
Canterbury
Visit website

Canterbury Christchurch nursing applicants 2013 intake

Scroll to see replies

I have an interview on Friday for mental health nursing at canterbury :-)
Canterbury Cathedral
Canterbury Christ Church University
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 141
Anyone starting adult nursing this April at Canterbury??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 142
hi i have my interview 2m am really nervous can anyone tell me if the tests were hard and r u there all day could do with some tips thanku xxxxx
Hiya annaraz,

What course are you interviewing for?

During my interview, they just showed us round the campus, gave us a presentation on our chosen degree and then we were called in one by one to interview. Whether you're there all day or not depends on what time your interview is. Mine was the first one after the presentation so I was pretty lucky I guess. All they asked me about was why I wanted to do the course, what skills I have that I could bring to the course, what are my greatest strengths and what is my greatest weakness.

Tip: Don't say you're greatest weakness is getting stressed when I have too much going on because the interviewer really didn't like that :colone:

Good luck and I'm sure you'll be fine!!
Hi Everyone,

I am going to the Orientation Day at the Medway campus on Monday - anyone else? I start my Child Nursing course next month. Eek! :-)
Hi , is the maths as basic as what the link you sent shows or does it have more challenging stuff in it ?
Hello I was thinking of applying to this university through UCAS Extra for child nursing, but I was wondering how the maths and English tests are. Was you allowed to use a calculator?
Original post by laurajonesy
I have an interview on Friday for mental health nursing at canterbury :-)

Hi was your interview on the 13th feb? (only ask as a friend of mine had their interview that day) I had mine on the 5th feb. How did yours go? I'm so nervous with this waiting.
Original post by Emmapoppins
Hi was your interview on the 1Ith feb? (only ask as a friend of mine had their interview that day) I had mine on the 5th feb. How did yours go? I'm so nervous with this waiting.

Hi guys can anyone please give me a hint on ADULT NURSING interview , what was the individual like , was it hard, do ypu watch a film, in a group, anything small , will help please, Iam matured student, but very nervous, worried but eager to be a nurse
Original post by tiaa911
Hi guys can anyone please give me a hint on ADULT NURSING interview , what was the individual like , was it hard, do ypu watch a film, in a group, anything small , will help please, Iam matured student, but very nervous, worried but eager to be a nurse

Hi I am starting at cccu in september, doing mental health nursing (mature student too). I didn't have a maths test, I had a written assessment and group interview, followed by an individual interview. If you type into google 'nursing university interview maths test' you should find quite a few practice tests, but not sure if there are any for canterbury specifically.(all pretty similar tho) Hope this helps, when is your interview?
Original post by Emmapoppins
Hi I am starting at cccu in september, doing mental health nursing (mature student too). I didn't have a maths test, I had a written assessment and group interview, followed by an individual interview. If you type into google 'nursing university interview maths test' you should find quite a few practice tests, but not sure if there are any for canterbury specifically.(all pretty similar tho) Hope this helps, when is your interview?

Hi, Thank you , what an eye opener, Thank you for your reply, REALLY?
Not done Maths Test?only done a written ,assessment.

How can I arrange for one, iam matured too, maybe way older, seriously, , I am determined to be a nurse.

Thank you all here, please help ,, with interview, pointers, questions ,, and style of interview for ADULT NURSING
Original post by tiaa911
Hi, Thank you , what an eye opener, Thank you for your reply, REALLY?
Not done Maths Test?only done a written ,assessment.

How can I arrange for one, iam matured too, maybe way older, seriously, , I am determined to be a nurse.

Thank you all here, please help ,, with interview, pointers, questions ,, and style of interview for ADULT NURSING

Adult nursing does have a maths test, (I know as some of my friends are doing adult). Not sure what stage you are at but, applications should have been in, in january and as far as I'm aware all places are now taken for this year. If you are looking to start something this sept, I would recommend doing an access course at a college, which prepares mature students for uni.
[QUOTE=Emmapoppins;5559anxietin nowdult nursing does have a maths test, (I know as some of my friends are doing adult). Not sure what stage you are at but, applications should have been in, in january and as far as I'm aware all places are now taken for this year. If you are looking to start something this sept, I would recommend doing an access course at a college, which prepares mature students for uni.

You are a star Emmapoppins,

1st thank you you for taking your time to reply my silly questions.

Are your friends in sept 2015, intake?
Are they doing ADULT NURSING?
So thats a minus of my anxiety no Maths in ADULT NURSING right.?
So will just concentrate on other parts of the interview, individual and group?
By the way what year are you in how, and which nursing if I may ask.

Thank you, my mind is almost settling but I wont stop until, I am a NURSE
Hugs

You are very very kind. ! And a nurse at heart....tala
[QUOTE=Emmapoppins;5559anxietin nowdult nursing does have a maths test, (I know as some of my friends are doing adult). Not sure what stage you are at but, applications should have been in, in january and as far as I'm aware all places are now taken for this year. If you are looking to start something this sept, I would recommend doing an access course at a college, which prepares mature students for uni.

You are a star Emmapoppins,

1st thank you you for taking your time to reply my silly questions.

Are your friends in sept 2015, intake?
Are they doing ADULT NURSING?
So thats a minus of my anxiety no Maths in ADULT NURSING right.?
So will just concentrate on other parts of the interview, individual and group?
By the way what year are you in how, and which nursing if I may ask.

Thank you, my mind is almost settling but I wont stop until, I am a NURSE
Hugs

You are very very kind. ! And a nurse at heart....tala
Hippy, I am in, mature student nurse, cant wait, to stzrt,
anyone form london,
whats the best way to get into Chatam Meday Campus plz.

I hope someone will answer this, kkk this time around.

please help nurse to beees

congrats

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending