Turn on thread page Beta

who does I.T. at A levels? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    who does it and did they make you do that stupid database for a real company thing? and what did you use to build a database?

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing a database for my local council using MS Access.

ReputationRep:
    Me! I do it, and yes im making a database for a real company, its really poo cos i dont understand it...its gotta be like 300 pages long at the end!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Insatiable)
    I'm doing a database for my local council using MS Access.
    oh you're lucky, we did that but they taught us to use some *****y program called Datapower coz they cant afford MS Access and now i couldnt get some jobs becoz i dunno how to use Access! i am so pissed off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kita)
    Me! I do it, and yes im making a database for a real company, its really poo cos i dont understand it...its gotta be like 300 pages long at the end!!
    whihc bit dont you undserdatnd?

ReputationRep:
    Access is the spawn of Satan, and my school didn't teach us how to use it properly so I pretty much taught myself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fly By)
    whihc bit dont you undserdatnd?
    oh just the making of it. Im trying to put like a tab thing on my forms and have no idea how 2 do it. Macros are just pissin gme off big style, so we wont go there, lol

ReputationRep:
    i do it! my database is for a school with all course details and student details and stuff. im on section b at the mo

ReputationRep:
    Access is the spawn of Satan, and my school didn't teach us how to use it properly so I pretty much taught myself.
    yep, were using access, and got no idea how to use it, so im tryna teach myself. Just a pain in the bum when i gotta go back to my design all the time adding bits in cos ive found out how 2 do stuff. so many ames like combo boxes etc, dont even know what half the stuff is!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lumpycustard)
    i do it! my database is for a school with all course details and student details and stuff. im on section b at the mo
    oh wow, i didnt know u did it too!!! Im doing a stock management system for the restaurant i work in....quite complicated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kita)
    yep, were using access, and got no idea how to use it, so im tryna teach myself. Just a pain in the bum when i gotta go back to my design all the time adding bits in cos ive found out how 2 do stuff. so many ames like combo boxes etc, dont even know what half the stuff is!!
    Three words for you, my friend: Access For Dummies. I got my parents to fork out for it.

ReputationRep:
    yeah at the end it'll good for you to learn it, coz loads of companys uses it. and now i have to learn it myself, pretty much wasted two years coz no one uses the one i learnt.

ReputationRep:
    Three words for you, my friend: Access For Dummies. I got my parents to fork out for it.
    ahh thats a good idea

ReputationRep:
    yeah at the end it'll good for you to learn it, coz loads of companys uses it. and now i have to learn it myself, pretty much wasted two years coz no one uses the one i learnt.
    I wouldn't say wasted. You'll still get an A-level out of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kita)
    oh wow, i didnt know u did it too!!! Im doing a stock management system for the restaurant i work in....quite complicated
    yes i do it!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't say wasted. You'll still get an A-level out of it.
    well yeah but dont forget thats only a 'grade', but no good when it comes to actually doing it. you know.

ReputationRep:
    well yeah but dont forget thats only a 'grade', but no good when it comes to actually doing it. you know.
    If you really want to learn Access, you can teach yourself over the summer. *shrug*

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else get a PM from lion?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kita)
    Did anyone else get a PM from lion?
    nope

ReputationRep:
    nope
    saying he cud offer tutition for ICT projects via email...

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.