Turn on thread page Beta

MIcrosoft Access - Advanced Features watch

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know anywhere where i could get an example of an advanced access database, to give examples of using advanced features of access, such as in form design, and construction of calculations in queries?
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Iluvatar)
    Does anyone know anywhere where i could get an example of an advanced access database, to give examples of using advanced features of access, such as in form design, and construction of calculations in queries?
    The Northwind (is it called that) example database included with access includes form design....and I'm pretty sure it's got a couple of quries with calculations in too.

However most advanced access databases are sold as a product - so you have to stump up the cash to have a look (and they often lock out the design views so it's hard to get a really good look)

edit: if you don't have the northwind sample database you can download it (from bill) http://office.microsoft.com/Downloads/9798/Nwind.aspx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    The Northwind (is it called that) example database included with access includes form design....and I'm pretty sure it's got a couple of quries with calculations in too.

However most advanced access databases are sold as a product - so you have to stump up the cash to have a look (and they often lock out the design views so it's hard to get a really good look)

edit: if you don't have the northwind sample database you can download it (from bill) http://office.microsoft.com/Downloads/9798/Nwind.aspx
    Yeah, thats the problem.
    I want to take a look at one as something i can refer to in my project for computing, and they are either useless, or you can't get to see the workings of them.
    Thanks for that though. I'll take a look at it, but i'm sure i've heard of it from somewhere before.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iluvatar)
    Yeah, thats the problem.
    I want to take a look at one as something i can refer to in my project for computing, and they are either useless, or you can't get to see the workings of them.
    Thanks for that though. I'll take a look at it, but i'm sure i've heard of it from somewhere before.
    northwind you can look at design i think; well i can- just cant make any changes

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.