AQA Accounting Unit 1 Exam (ACCN1) - 16th January 2013.

Watch
FaisalTreShah
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
I can't seem to find many threads for this exam, so I thought I'd make one.
Who feels ready? To anyone sitting this, good luck to you!

I feel half and half about this paper.
username1100058
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hi thanks for making this thread hope we you get loads of feedback from this exam. I need to go over suspense accounts and some little things & i hope this exam is easy!!
FaisalTreShah
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Wahey! Someone posted. :')

Suspense A/C's are easy stuff! You just need to remember to use PEA|RLS, and if there's going to be a Balance B/D, it's the difference between the trial balances!

Good luck.
frandubking
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hey how did you find it ? Did you take the figure for bad debts just off net profit and not off debtors cos I did..

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Bidgbob
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
It wasn't to bad seemed like a simple paper but the balance sheet was a bit nasty did anyone manage to balance?
LuisNhox
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
What did you guys get for the Balance of the PLCA and the balance of the Mitchell LTD's account ? I got 32008 for the PLCA and 555 for the sales ledger account.
LuisNhox
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
My balance sheet balance is 37000
misskatie1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Bidgbob)
It wasn't to bad seemed like a simple paper but the balance sheet was a bit nasty did anyone manage to balance?

I managed to balance the balance sheet to something like 37000 but somebody else in my exam balanced it to 50000 something...
superman17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
My balance sheet was unbalanced, was out by £4,000 £34,000 and £38,000 ... i think

Hopefully income statement was spot on. Got ~£22,000? Can't remember what it was now. Not got a photographic memory sadly.
LuisNhox
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
My income statement was 29310. I hope I got it right
superman17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I got that.
msmith
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by superman17)
My balance sheet was unbalanced, was out by £4,000 £34,000 and £38,000 ... i think

Hopefully income statement was spot on. Got ~£22,000? Can't remember what it was now. Not got a photographic memory sadly.
I have to admit, I can't even remember what I got and it was only an hour ago haha... I didn't balance mine at the end either which I was slightly annoyed about.
Bidgbob
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I got 555 For the PLCA yea that was fine. I think i also got 29310 but i cant remember for the income statement along with a lot of other people. A lot of people got that balance sheet to balance at either 32000 or 37000, however I messed mine up and got 50000 and on the financed by 62000 so I screwed that up big time. However, everything else should be fine I think ill get great marks up until the Balance sheet but from there on I'm not sure.
caitlanb0401
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I got the top part of my balance sheet to 37000 but the bottom was 55000. Don't know how I managed to go wrong on the easier part of the balance sheet if the answer is 37000. Oops

Posted from TSR Mobile
frandubking
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
What do you think grade boundaries will be like?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
linamoore
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I got 37000 to balance for the balance sheet which was great. However on the income statement for general expenses, were you meant to add the amount paid to the general expenses or subtract it? I subtracted the amount from the general expenses but also subtracted it from the motor vehicles however is this correct as for every debit there is a credit?
linamoore
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
The grade boundaries will depend on how the rest of people that sat it found it. If it was a hard exam overall then grade boundaries will be low and vice versa.
Alevelmaster
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I was thrown by the question about trial balance, the written one, what erros could you highlight and could you use errors that it wouldn't find or did it have to be errors that would be found
man1ac
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I got 32 000 on the balance sheet and it balanced and about 20 000 on income statement the 10 mark got me stuck
username1100058
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I did the income statement and then 10 minutes before the exam ended I found an addition error that I made so then i had to do the whole question on extra paper ,but i forgot to cross out the question I first did. What happens then? I had no time!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (358)
84.04%
No (68)
15.96%

Watched Threads