The Student Room Group

AQA Accounting Unit 1 Exam (ACCN1) - 16th January 2013.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by AshAccounts
I am now in A2 and resat this exam to get it from a B to an A. The reason I didn't get an A first time is that I missed on 14 marks for not putting down my workings.

haha same here mate, reckon you got it?
Original post by astudent5
haha same here mate, reckon you got it?

I reckon so, I did the paper in 55 mins. That first question annoyed me but aslong as I didn't drop too many marks there then hopefully get that A.
Reply 82
I reckon so, I did the paper in 55 mins. That first question annoyed me but aslong as I didn't drop too many marks there then hopefully get that A.

first? which part? the balance sheet annoyed me!
I am now in A2 and resat this exam to get it from a B to an A. The reason I didn't get an A first time is that I missed on 14 marks for not putting down my workings.
Are you sure ? I'm really nervous now cus I didn't show any workings, I just worked with calculator and put the adjusted figures. If my figures are correct, will them give me full marks for these ones ??
I managed to get the Balance Sheet to balance at £37000. Took me a while to work it out but realised that the £5000 bad debt had already been accounted for in the trade receivables but not as an expense.All in all I thought it was a decent paper but had some tricky parts
Original post by msmith
I have to admit, I didn't show my workings either on the balance sheet - as I was rushing, I just wanted to put the figures in the right places before the end of the Exam.

He will still get some marks even if his calculations are wrong. The Examiner who marks the paper are given an 'Own Figure Rule' guideline.

Own Figure Rule
In cases where students are required to make calculations, arithmetic errors can be made so that the final or intermediate stages are incorrect. To avoid a student being penalised repeatedly for an initial error, students can be awarded marks where they have used the correct method with their own (incorrect) figures. Examiners are asked to annotate a script with OF where marks have been allocated on this basis. OF always makes the assumption that there are no extraneous items. Similarly, OF marks can be awarded where students make correct conclusions or inferences from their incorrect calculations.

That means if my adjusted figures are wrong, i still get about 1 mark as the own figure, even tho I didnt show any workings ??
Original post by Billy_nguyen
That means if my adjusted figures are wrong, i still get about 1 mark as the own figure, even tho I didnt show any workings ??

Yeah I guess you should, I did this exam last January and was feeling the exact same as you and came out with 92ums:biggrin: so don't worry. I'm sure you did fine.
Original post by ArsenalWenger
Yeah I guess you should, I did this exam last January and was feeling the exact same as you and came out with 92ums:biggrin: so don't worry. I'm sure you did fine.

not sure what will happen. but i feel better to hear that. thanks mate :smile:
Reply 88
Hi

I didnt show any workings in all questions , just calculated on the calculator which is affect on my grade ?? What is FO mark mean ???

Thanks
Original post by anna21
Hi

I didnt show any workings in all questions , just calculated on the calculator which is affect on my grade ?? What is FO mark mean ???

Thanks

same here :frown: i did exactly same as mark scheme but dont have the workings below as it always does. i'm affraid we ll lose lots of marks :frown:(:frown:(
Don't worry anna21 and Billy_nguyen, you'll do top trust me. I felt the same when I did this exam last jan but got 92ums in the end:biggrin:
Reply 91
what is difference between sales ledger account and sales ledger control account?
Original post by Aquil
what is difference between sales ledger account and sales ledger control account?

If I remember correctly, sales ledger is all the individual debtors accounts. The sales ledger control account group's all the info from the debtor accounts into one account to make it easier to enter info into the trial balance.
How did people do then?
Reply 94
Original post by Tom Richardson
How did people do then?

Got 92 ums!! soo happy. How about you?
Reply 95
Well done! I got 95 UMS yayyy!
Reply 96
Original post by misskatie1

Wow! That 76 out of 80.
Original post by JLeckey
Got 92 ums!! soo happy. How about you?

Well done. Bet you're chuffed with that. I got 98 UMS so pretty pleased
Original post by misskatie1

Well done, makes things a lot easier for the other exams :smile:
Well done on great marks! Grasping ACCN1 is essential and will give you a great foundation for your future Accounting studies as it contains one of the most important elements in Accounting - double entry bookeeping!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending