Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lingteyi)
    Where do the richest Brits live? Izzit London?
    Solihull (apparantly) and surrounding areas.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    Ah, Cheshire, home of the posh Mancs!
    They'd be very offended by that comment. Although a lot will work in Manchester.

It was on the news last year, A place in Cheshire near Maccesfield is officially the richest place outside of LOndon in the whole of Britain.

ReputationRep:
    buckingham palace

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samd294)
    Where I live you couldn't buy any property for 120k, even 1 bed studio flats are at least 150, to be honest I think uve got the best end of the deal
    Indeed. I look in disgust at house prices in places like London. For the price of a penthouse you could buy yourself a country estate in Scotland. I know where i'd rather live.

ReputationRep:
    Probably not in Britain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joey_Johns)
    Outside London the richest place in the country is in Cheshire.

Another millionaire hot spot is in the Forest of Bowland in Lancashire.
    Sandbanks in Poole is one of the most expensive places in the world, '£689 per sq ft and placing Sandbanks just behind Tokyo, Hong Kong and London’s Eaton Square in terms of property prices.'

Quoted from The Times Property Section 23 March 2003

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by winorloose)
    Sandbanks in Poole is one of the most expensive places in the world, '£689 per sq ft and placing Sandbanks just behind Tokyo, Hong Kong and London’s Eaton Square in terms of property prices.'

Quoted from The Times Property Section 23 March 2003
    Your looking at property prices. I would assume the richest would be those earning the highest average income. Bill Gates doesnt live in the most expensive part of the US, but he is the richest person.

ReputationRep:
    Your looking at property prices. I would assume the richest would be those earning the highest average income. Bill Gates doesnt live in the most expensive part of the US, but he is the richest person.
    Good point, I hadn't looked at it that way. Still you are more likely to get a collection of the richest people at in the areas where the prices are prohibative for many other people.

ReputationRep:
    Indeed. I look in disgust at house prices in places like London. For the price of a penthouse you could buy yourself a country estate in Scotland. I know where i'd rather live.
    Where would you rather live?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lingteyi)
    Where do the richest Brits live? Izzit London?
    I would have thought SW1, Belgravia or SW7, Knightsbridge

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    Probably not in Britain.
    that's what i said, they ignore us!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    Probably not in Britain.
    True, although I'm sure the very richest would have second homes in central London.

In America The Hamptons, Nantucket and Tahoe have pretty high densities of wealthy residents.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    Apparently there's a particularly gifted man living in Nantucket.
    lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amexblack)
    Where would you rather live?
    The country. More room, more privacy and the added advantage of being to shoot your own dinner.

ReputationRep:
    There is a reason propery prices are so high in or near the city, because more people want to live there. Living in a nice place in the city cannot be beat. Though admittedly a bad place in the city can be as bad as any on the planet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samd294)
    There is a reason propery prices are so high in or near the city, because more people want to live there. Living in a nice place in the city cannot be beat. Though admittedly a bad place in the city can be as bad as any on the planet
    I disagree in part, its simply because emplyment is near by.

Most people would like to live in the countryside, not too far away from a town/city but far enough not to be have to listen to cars going passed all the time and breathing toxi fumes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Insatiable)
    Milton Keynes.
    :rolleyes:

i think youll find its Hull.

ReputationRep:
    Belgravia, Chelsea, Kensington, Maida Vale...in London
    The house we have is in West Sussex and the average house price where I live is about £400k. We bought ours off the bank half re-built (It was a brewery) for about 100k in 92 and now it's been valued as half a mill. Which is nice

I think the most expensive place near me to live is a)Where I live in Arundel Anita Roddick, Paul McCartney have houses Paul Ross lived here too and Brighton...Brighton, Jordan lives there, Zoe Ball and Norman Cook etc etc etc

ReputationRep:
    We put our house on the market last year and then took it off again after someone made an offer for about £479k. We told them we'd put it back on the market again next year, they bought a temporary house across the river and today mum and dad put it back on the market and they put in an offer of £505k an hour later....yay I am going to have nice digs at University hehe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danithestudent)
    Belgravia, Chelsea, Kensington, Maida Vale...in London
    The house we have is in West Sussex and the average house price where I live is about £400k. We bought ours off the bank half re-built (It was a brewery) for about 100k in 92 and now it's been valued as half a mill. Which is nice

I think the most expensive place near me to live is a)Where I live in Arundel Anita Roddick, Paul McCartney have houses Paul Ross lived here too and Brighton...Brighton, Jordan lives there, Zoe Ball and Norman Cook etc etc etc
    i think the nearest to me is Louise Rednapp (well her family'e house anyway) my Mum teaches her bro! WOW lol

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.