Turn on thread page Beta

Where do the richest Brits live? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    i think the nearest to me is Louise Rednapp (well her family'e house anyway) my Mum teaches her bro! WOW lol
    Kylie Minogue has a house in Itchenor as well as Nicholas Lyndhurst....
    that's near me oh and so do Gary Lucy, Phil Jupitus and as I've said before I'll say again BRIAN MAY!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Wap

http://www.newsroom.barclays.co.uk/news/data/855.html

So Northern England isnt so grim

ReputationRep:
    I made friends with Geordie men on the train going to Butlins in Bognor. I impressed them with my knowledge of the word "netty" i.e. toilet
    I should be proud, my dad's from Northumberland and has proved that Jesus came from there

ReputationRep:
    Edinburgh in general is quite expensive, not as much as London and commuting areas though. Maybe second in the coutry to London though.

A nice spacious 4-5 bedroom with garden in a nice area can easily set you back between 400-700k depending on how luxurious it is. Almost all property is victorian as well.

ReputationRep:
    The richest people probably don't restrict themselves to living in just one place. Usually a house in Belgravia/Chelsea/Kensington and then a country house somewhere (within a reasonable driving time for weekends). Or vice versa, a country house and then a london flat.

ReputationRep:
    We often play "spot the rich people from Cheshire" when passing through selfridges or M&S (particularly the meat aisle). As for the richest place being near Macclesfield, that's shocking, because Macclesfield looks like a complete dump.

ReputationRep:
    Because land is so scarce in Singapore, really small houses go at about 1.2k. That's about 400 pounds. And the average sized ones are like S$1.5k! My place is S$2.5k and it doesnt even have a huge garden and swimming pool.

ReputationRep:
    London has the most $ billionaires in the world - about 40.

But I imagine it is the home counties which is overall the richest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joey_Johns)
    Outside London the richest place in the country is in Cheshire.

Another millionaire hot spot is in the Forest of Bowland in Lancashire.
    Yay - near the home of Lord Huntroyde. no less.

Wiswell is the most expensive village in the Ribble Valley - a small bungalow recently sold for over £400,000.

ReputationRep:
    They'd be very offended by that comment. Although a lot will work in Manchester.

It was on the news last year, A place in Cheshire near Maccesfield is officially the richest place outside of LOndon in the whole of Britain.
    Was it Tatton?

ReputationRep:
    i cannae believe that no one had said anything about the best place on the monopoly board !!!!!

Being interested in property as part of a family business, i get a catalogue from a very famous estate agent - foxtons.

i saw a houes in there, located in mayfair for a staggering 8.75 million quid !!!!!

Also there is one in south kensington for 8 million : http://www.rightmove.co.uk/rm/templa...a_n=1&tr_t=buy

but as for most expensive land in the world, apparently it is meant to be in bombay, singapore is pretty damn expensive too !!!

Davinder

ReputationRep:
    They'd be very offended by that comment. Although a lot will work in Manchester.

It was on the news last year, A place in Cheshire near Maccesfield is officially the richest place outside of LOndon in the whole of Britain.
    So would that 'place in Chesire' by any chance be called Wilmslow? I mean, it's just that I've a couple of (distant...I'm Australian, so we're talking long-lost-damn-can't-fudge-off-them) reliatives that live there.

ReputationRep:
    Its quite expensive where I a live, a 2 bedroom terrace has just gone on the market for £200k on the next road from me. That is in South Manchester. However its in no means the richest place in the UK. Its expensive (by northern standards) because a lot of graduates live here from the Manchester Universities.

There are no footballers in my area but Badly Drawn Boy lives near me as have a lot of other pop stars and actors.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amexblack)
    I would have thought SW1, Belgravia or SW7, Knightsbridge
    I have an SW7 postcode (during term time)!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    London has the most $ billionaires in the world - about 40.

But I imagine it is the home counties which is overall the richest.
    40 billionaires?? Don't think so. Pittsburgh Pennsylvania in the US of A has the most millionaires per sq. mile in the world though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jammyd)
    40 billionaires?? Don't think so. Pittsburgh Pennsylvania in the US of A has the most millionaires per sq. mile in the world though.
    Well then the Sunday Times and the New York Times must be wrong then.

ReputationRep:
    It certainly wouldnt surprise me if these Americans had second homes in London, I doubt the rich Britons will have second homes in Pitsbrugh. Thats probably where the confusion is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lingteyi)
    Where do the richest Brits live? Izzit London?
    On the Moon in a palace made of gold.

ReputationRep:
    I was just saying that 40 billionaires seemed like a ridiculous figure. Pittsburgh has so many millionaires because of large corporations like Heinz.

ReputationRep:
    About 40 $ billionaires have homes in London - more than anywhere else in the world.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.