On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Postgraduate PGdip Nursing Southampton

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by CatherineRose89
Hey everyone! i've just been accepted for the PGDip Child branch - so happy!

Have you guys organised your accomodation yet? i have no idea where to start and slightly worried that I only have 4/5 weeks to get it arranged!

I can email u some useful links, uni told me that fees get paid for. but we will get a letter about bursary etc anyday after monday
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 21
Original post by claypole44
I have been emailed a rough timetable of when placements, theory in uni and annual leave are until Xmas if anyone needs it to plan childcare and stuff :groovy:

Hi
Could you send it to me as well please? Maybe it'll put my mind at rest a little - I'm so stressed about placements and childcare that I expect the worst.
Reply 22
Hi everyone - Here is copy of the timetable I was sent from Uni

Your schedule for the remainder of the academic year will be:

w/c 8th April-6th May (inc) are induction and theory module 1, and then this is followed by a public health week during which you will be visiting places in the community and be in University
w/c 20th May is annual leave
w/c 15th July-5th August (inc) theory module 2
w/c 12th August-26th August (inc) annual leave
w/c 2nd September public health week

The remainder of the time you will be in practice.

For the next academic year, I can see that you have an exam week mid-November and then will be in theory/public health until Christmas when you have 2 weeks annual leave.
Hi everyone - Here is copy of the timetable I was sent from Uni

Your schedule for the remainder of the academic year will be:

w/c 8th April-6th May (inc) are induction and theory module 1, and then this is followed by a public health week during which you will be visiting places in the community and be in University
w/c 20th May is annual leave
w/c 15th July-5th August (inc) theory module 2
w/c 12th August-26th August (inc) annual leave
w/c 2nd September public health week

The remainder of the time you will be in practice.

For the next academic year, I can see that you have an exam week mid-November and then will be in theory/public health until Christmas when you have 2 weeks annual leave.

Thank you so much for this, on the bursary form it says the course is a whopping 322 days of the year so i was hoping someone could shed light on when the weeks off are, so this is great

I'm Helen and i will be joining all you lovely people in April on Adult Nursing
Reply 24
Original post by mitchellhelen
Thank you so much for this, on the bursary form it says the course is a whopping 322 days of the year so i was hoping someone could shed light on when the weeks off are, so this is great

I'm Helen and i will be joining all you lovely people in April on Adult Nursing

You've already got the busary form?? I received confirmation of my offer and the occupational health forms on saturday but havent had anything about the bursary :s-smilie:
Reply 25
The uni are supposed to send a bursary form but I've had nothing from them so I just sent off the one on the NHS bursary website now I've confirmed the place. It can take six weeks to process & I didn't want a delay as need some money when we start the course. Someone on thread did say Uni are sending out the info backs this week though :-)
The uni are supposed to send a bursary form but I've had nothing from them so I just sent off the one on the NHS bursary website now I've confirmed the place. It can take six weeks to process & I didn't want a delay as need some money when we start the course. Someone on thread did say Uni are sending out the info backs this week though :-)

I'm not sure what happens on the fee payment, i believe if you're eligible it is automatic with your place offer, you may have to fill in a form when you get there but unless you are illegible everyone has their fees paid.

The Bursary however as recompense for being unable to work for the next year can be applied for on http://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/Students/3266.aspx it can take up to 20 working days upon receipt of your evidence which is pretty hefty! and if you don't have a tenancy agreement for the last 3 years and live with family or friends you will have to provide evidence of your parents income regardless of age as you are considered dependent (marriage, estrangement or loss of both parents is the only other exemption from submitting this!) so read their rules carefully before considering yourself independent

They do ask for a lot of evidence so it is worth applying as early as you can especially if you need your passport to travel! however they can't confirm the amount of bursary or your definite receipt of it until 20th March according to their head office who i rang yesterday, there is a calculator on the website http://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/Students/3576.aspx to give you an idea of the rough estimate

Hope this helps
Reply 27
Original post by smelix
You've already got the busary form?? I received confirmation of my offer and the occupational health forms on saturday but havent had anything about the bursary :s-smilie:

Hi
i am chris also starting the adult post grad course. Check your emails as Nhs bursaries have been notified that I am on the course. They have emailed me an application form
Original post by fmose91
I ended up going for the postgrad as well, seemed silly not too so see you in April!
Ive just been looking on gumtree and different student share sites - its proving pretty difficult as I would need to come over to view houses. One girl was so nice and suggested to skype though - she has 3 rooms available I think!
It just difficult because we are wanting rooms in the middle of the year so they either until the end of june or the start of september. Too stressful for my liking haha
Have you started looking?

I've literally just started looking, although only on gumtree and a site called spareroom! have you found anywhere else to look? most of the houses i have seen so far are only available upto June/July but I suppose that'll have to do if it comes down to it.

That's nice of that girl! where is that one advertised? i'm not too sure when i will be able to go there to view houses at the moment either as i have very limited money right now (and the train is so expensive!) so i was wondering how it would work out....

I'm not too fussed about what the house is like if i'm honest, the main thing i'm concerned about is living with other postgrads and being close-ish to the uni!
Reply 29
Original post by CatherineRose89
I've literally just started looking, although only on gumtree and a site called spareroom! have you found anywhere else to look? most of the houses i have seen so far are only available upto June/July but I suppose that'll have to do if it comes down to it.

That's nice of that girl! where is that one advertised? i'm not too sure when i will be able to go there to view houses at the moment either as i have very limited money right now (and the train is so expensive!) so i was wondering how it would work out....

I'm not too fussed about what the house is like if i'm honest, the main thing i'm concerned about is living with other postgrads and being close-ish to the uni!

Ive found a few that were actually quite close to the uni and don't seem too expensive either. Gumtree have a few at the minute but yeah they are only until june or july. I think that's what we are going to have to do for now unfortunately! Seems like the only option but at least we will get somewhere for the time being. Potentially we could all get somewhere together if all our contracts end at the same time.
I'm not going to view houses either until I move over, so will just hopefully get somewhere the week before - all very last minute but fingers crossed!
Reply 30
Original post by fmose91
Ive found a few that were actually quite close to the uni and don't seem too expensive either. Gumtree have a few at the minute but yeah they are only until june or july. I think that's what we are going to have to do for now unfortunately! Seems like the only option but at least we will get somewhere for the time being. Potentially we could all get somewhere together if all our contracts end at the same time.
I'm not going to view houses either until I move over, so will just hopefully get somewhere the week before - all very last minute but fingers crossed!

I am looking at up to six on weekend, most look quite flexible with tenancy agreements etc
Can I ask when you guys applied? I've applied for mental health nursing PGDip but deferred for next year as I'm skint. I've heard nothing from Southampton though and as I live here I'm desperate to stay! I've applied for King's, Greenwich and UWL as well but I'm just wondering if maybe I should have heard by now if I was in with a chance?!
Reply 32
Because you have applied for deferred entry then you would probably find out whenever - but if it was for this year then yeah you should know by now. Just ring the admissions office - they are so helpful!

Posted from TSR Mobile
hello everyone, just a quick update, i popped into the uni yesterday to see what i should have received before we start and the welcome packs were in post bags in reception, so you should receive information in the next few days, faculty have confirmed this :smile:
Reply 34
Hi
I got the welcome pack but apart from the group allocation there wasn't anything interesting. It said that we'll get time tables and enrollment info during the first week but tbh it's much too late for me. I have to arrange the childcare for that week and it looks like I'm stuck:frown: Anyone else has that problem?

Julia
Reply 35
Hi guys,
I have my interview on March 20th for the post grad. Adult nursing course, just wondering if any of yous have had your interview yet and how did it go?
Original post by HannaghS
Hi guys,
I have my interview on March 20th for the post grad. Adult nursing course, just wondering if any of yous have had your interview yet and how did it go?

Hi! Is this for this year's intake e.g. starting next month or for next March/April? I've heard nothing but I've applied for next year and I'm not sure if they are still filling this intake
Reply 37
Original post by Sophieangel
Hi! Is this for this year's intake e.g. starting next month or for next March/April? I've heard nothing but I've applied for next year and I'm not sure if they are still filling this intake

They have filled April 2013 intake as we got a letter with names of everyone on the course.
Reply 38
Hi all, I'm starting the Adult branch - 3 weeks now. How is everyone getting on with the accomodation search? I'm still looking, slightly nervous at how last minute I've left it...

Melody
Reply 39
Hi Guys!

I have a place on the PGdip Adult course, and looking forward to meeting you all. Anyone had much luck with finding out term date info? I've tried calling and emailing admissions but they haven't been particularly useful - they say they don't know. They must do! I live near Oxford and will be going into Halls - Yikes I hope it's ok! Contract ends September so hoping to find some fellow student nurses to live with :smile:

See you in 2 weeks!

Sophia

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending