Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello, got a Medicine inteveiw in a week and a bit.....i've heard its a good idea to ask questions at the end, perhaps even prepare some ahead of the interview to show that u've prepared......just wondering any good ones i should ask?......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by discodivadee)
    Hello, got a Medicine inteveiw in a week and a bit.....i've heard its a good idea to ask questions at the end, perhaps even prepare some ahead of the interview to show that u've prepared......just wondering any good ones i should ask?......
    You don't have to ask any questions, but the opportunity is there, if you genuinely have a question, either about the university or the course. Make sure it's an intelligent one though, and not just "What's the social life like?"

If they discuss scientific concepts etc with you in the interview and there is something you don't quite understand/haven't come across, you can ask intelligent questions about that, but I wouldn't take any specific medical ones along with you, except for ones relating to their course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by discodivadee)
    Maybe ask about recommended texts/suggested reading list.

ReputationRep:
    If it hasn't been covered in the interview, ask about the facilities. Ask if there will be any prep work you will need to do, things like that. I mean don't ask things for the sake of it, but it is better to have a question, shows your interest more.

ReputationRep:
    When i went to my law interview (yes..i know it's not medicine!!)...i had to choose two scenarios from a list of 5 and discuss them with the lecturer. So when it came to asking a question...i asked about a third one from the list...and we ended up discussing that as well!!

You should ask something relevant to that particular uni...or something which shows you have a real interest in the subject.

G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gzftan)
    When i went to my law interview (yes..i know it's not medicine!!)...i had to choose two scenarios from a list of 5 and discuss them with the lecturer. So when it came to asking a question...i asked about a third one from the list...and we ended up discussing that as well!!

You should ask something relevant to that particular uni...or something which shows you have a real interest in the subject.

G
    Which unis have you applied to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    Which unis have you applied to?
    Cambridge, UCL, KCL, Notts, Bristol and Leicester....got all my replies back now so i'm lucky...there's not really any waiting left....i can concentrate on exams now!! How's your application going??

G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gzftan)
    Cambridge, UCL, KCL, Notts, Bristol and Leicester....got all my replies back now so i'm lucky...there's not really any waiting left....i can concentrate on exams now!! How's your application going??

G
    Got my offers back, so I'm definitely headed to Sheffield, as I have now met their offer. AAB. But I'm gonna get the B to an A just for sheer pride, maths is easy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    Got my offers back, so I'm definitely headed to Sheffield, as I have now met their offer. AAB. But I'm gonna get the B to an A just for sheer pride, maths is easy.
    That's excellent!! Well done! You're a post-A level applicant right??

G

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.