Clare~Bear
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I found out today that one of my friends, 1st choice for their uni applications is at the same uni as me (Portsmouth).

If it ends up that we both get offers and firm it and apply to halls, can we request that we're in the same flat?
Origami Bullets
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yes, but whether or not they honour that is a separate matter. Can't you just apply to the same / nearby halls and then go and see each other regularly?
Persipan
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
There's never any harm in asking, but it'll depend a lot on how the uni manage their room allocation procedures as to whether it's possible/whether they'd be prepared to do it.

Also, think carefully about whether you and your friend would have compatible lifestyles in terms of sharing accommodation. Sometimes sharing a flat/house with someone can put a strain on an otherwise strong friendship, such that actually the people involved would have stayed closer if they'd lived slightly further apart!
~ Purple Rose ~
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
You can ask, but it depends on whether the university will listen or not. Sometimes they may put you near each other anyway, depending on how they allocate rooms, my friend was put next door to her sister, despite neither of them requesting it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (135)
62.79%
No I haven't decided yet (46)
21.4%
Yes but I might change my mind (34)
15.81%

Watched Threads