Science has taken the soul-destroying power of heroin to the next level Watch

AK12W
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Whoever invented this vile drug "desomorphine" deserves to be locked up for life before they use their twisted skills to destroy more lives. Clearly it's the work of some evil chemist.

http://english.pravda.ru/hotspots/cr...esomorphine-0/

If you want to see the full extent of this drugs horrifying effects type "desomorphine" or "krokodil" in to google images.

Truly revolting stuff this is.
Darth Stewie
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Desomorphine or the person(s) who invented it are not to blame (and they are most likely long dead, was invented in the 20's), it was intended to be used as a new morphine replacement treatment for people suffering severely however was stopped due to its remarkably high addiction level and short duration. From a quick search the last time i can find it being used by a government is in the late 1930's and after that it was pretty much forgotten until it started popping up in Siberia around the turn of the century.

The problem is that the ingredients required to make it are readily available in Russia, if the Desomorphine was pure and properly synthesized in a lab the symptoms that earned it the name Krokodil would not be present (no scaly skin, no skin falling off, no internal rotting). Unfortunately it is far from pure and the way the addicts and the dealers prepare it results in the horrific side effects.

Another massive problem is the way that Russia treats its addicts, they are often left to rot on the outskirts of cities or in slums with no help whatsoever which when dealing with drugs of this level is basically a death sentence.
Llewellyn_J
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yeh I've heard of this and seen its effects. Not nice. The flesh at the injection sites among other areas rots to the point where bone is exposed... if you survive long enough for it to get so bad, that is.
Blair Waldorf
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Also lock up the first person who drank and drove...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (119)
64.67%
No I haven't decided yet (39)
21.2%
Yes but I might change my mind (26)
14.13%

Watched Threads