PC turns on for 1 second? Watch

Deanio
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
So I've just finished building my pc, first time doing so. When I turn the PC on all the fans spin/lights come on for about 0.5 seconds and then it stops.
What could be the problem?
mikeyd85
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Deanio)
So I've just finished building my pc, first time doing so. When I turn the PC on all the fans spin/lights come on for about 0.5 seconds and then it stops.
What could be the problem?
Strip all the components out aside from CPU and one memory stick. See if it happens. If yes, you're probably in trouble, if no, add components until the issue starts up.
Deanio
Rep:
?
(Original post by mikeyd85)
Strip all the components out aside from CPU and one memory stick. See if it happens. If yes, you're probably in trouble, if no, add components until the issue starts up.
I've managed to get the computer to work now, but I have a new problem.

I get this message:

reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key

any ideas what to do?
Iqbal007
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I've managed to get the computer to work now, but I have a new problem.

I get this message:

reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key

any ideas what to do?
In the bios setting, you got set up the instruction for what the bios should open up for further instruction. So the hard drive to open up and run.
Deanio
Rep:
?
(Original post by Iqbal007)
In the bios setting, you got set up the instruction for what the bios should open up for further instruction. So the hard drive to open up and run.
Been trying to find this but had no luck.

Any idea where to look on the gigabyte d77 d3h motherboard?
Deanio
Rep:
?
Been trying to find this but had no luck.

Any idea where to look on the gigabyte d77 d3h motherboard?
Found this, selected to boot from hard drive, however I'm still getting the same message
Deanio
Rep:
?
Just put in the disc from my laptop and it's worked lol?

i had a windows 8 disc from my friend that he burned for me, but i'm guessing that's an upgrade version cause he got it for free from uni. I'm gonna try install this laptop disc and then try the windows 8 disc again.. see how it goes..
Iqbal007
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Just put in the disc from my laptop and it's worked lol?

i had a windows 8 disc from my friend that he burned for me, but i'm guessing that's an upgrade version cause he got it for free from uni. I'm gonna try install this laptop disc and then try the windows 8 disc again.. see how it goes..
Thats probably why, because the hard drive has nothing on it, install windows for it to boot properly.
Deanio
Rep:
?
(Original post by Iqbal007)
Thats probably why, because the hard drive has nothing on it, install windows for it to boot properly.
Yeah the laptop disc amazingly installed windows 7 for me then I was able to upgrade to 8 to get rid of the non-genuine problem. Only other problem I had was that one of the antec case fans was ridiculously loud so I disconnected it.

Cheers for the help anyway
Iqbal007
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yeah the laptop disc amazingly installed windows 7 for me then I was able to upgrade to 8 to get rid of the non-genuine problem. Only other problem I had was that one of the antec case fans was ridiculously loud so I disconnected it.

Cheers for the help anyway
Ok no problem................you should be able to set the rpm of the fan from the bios
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (54)
25.59%
No (157)
74.41%

Watched Threads