Absolutely hate your peers? Watch

Grazy Cuy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi, I'm 16 and this has been annoying me for so long that I have to get this out. I absolutely hate my typical generation of teenagers who are: Selfish, Immature, Centred around appearance, Racist, Start off childish arguments, Bully anyone who doesn't conform to them, Attention-seek by adding 50000+ people on Facebook. Now, I know it's wrong to assume this of every single peer I know, because there are decent people in my year group but there are also so many teenagers who fit this stereotype it annoys. I was bullied last year just because I wouldn't conform to insulting other people about their appearance and I was different to the "popular" guys. Does it really get any better and when do people learn to grow up and act mature? Because right now, it looks like this generation has a long way to go.
mimx
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Is it ironic that this is a pretty stereotypical anti-pop-culture whine?
Grazy Cuy
Rep:
?
No it's not, because it's the whine of people who actually have sense. And yes, I do hate the pop culture, using "YOLO" as a justification for acting like a complete hooligan. Look at the amount of rapes, drunkards, drug addicts, teenage parents and the racist views so many people share. Tell me, when has the pop-culture ever done good for society?

Pop-culture glorifies youthful arrogance and stupidity
Pop-culture promotes consumerism and wants people to waste their life as consumers
Pop-culture tells girls and boys to act with no sexual responsibility
Pop-culture preaches entitlement.
mimx
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Grazy Cuy)
No it's not, because it's the whine of people who actually have sense.
Grazy Cuy
Rep:
?
That's not what I said. I didn't say I was the "only conscious human in a world of sheep" or anywhere along the lines. If you bother to re-read my original thread-starting post then you'll see that I did say there are some people decent people BUT there are also immature and childish teenagers. All I said was for some to grow up.
mimx
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
That's not what I said.
I'm sorry that popular webcomics can't quote you word-for-word. It's still your sentiment.
Grazy Cuy
Rep:
?
I'm sorry that popular webcomics can't comprehend fully what someone is trying to say.
StartSomething
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I thought this said: Absolutely hate your penis?

It's obvious what's on my mind :facepalm:
mimx
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm sorry that popular webcomics can't comprehend fully what someone is trying to say.
That's why I'm here to post pithy ones in appropriate situations.

You're welcome.
Jaegon Targaryen
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi, I'm 16 and this has been annoying me for so long that I have to get this out. I absolutely hate my typical generation of teenagers who are: Selfish, Immature, Centred around appearance, Racist, Start off childish arguments, Bully anyone who doesn't conform to them, Attention-seek by adding 50000+ people on Facebook. Now, I know it's wrong to assume this of every single peer I know, because there are decent people in my year group but there are also so many teenagers who fit this stereotype it annoys. I was bullied last year just because I wouldn't conform to insulting other people about their appearance and I was different to the "popular" guys. Does it really get any better and when do people learn to grow up and act mature? Because right now, it looks like this generation has a long way to go.
Dude I get you 100% I totally sympathize with how you feel and ive gone through similar things .Im in college now and its less bad because everyone is an individual and your likely to find people who are more similar to you but I still feel like I don't fit in with the current generation . I mean , one thing I absolutely abhor is when students in my classes say they cant be arsed to learn or don't want to be in class ! Why on earth would you even attend college then ? That is what baffles me , the total depreciation of education that many of the youth posses is disgusting.
mimx
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by StartSomething)
I thought this said: Absolutely hate your penis?

It's obvious what's on my mind :facepalm:
You kids make everything about sex.

I'm disgusted and shocked. Go yolo yolo swag yourself somewhere else.

Psst OP am I doing this right.
Grazy Cuy
Rep:
?
Yes, Yes you are.
Swords N Thorns
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I feel exactly the same way.
Grazy Cuy
Rep:
?
(Original post by mimx)
That's why I'm here to post pithy ones in appropriate situations.

You're welcome.
Thank you.
StartSomething
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by mimx)
You kids make everything about sex.

I'm disgusted and shocked. Go yolo yolo swag yourself somewhere else.

Psst OP am I doing this right.
I'm not a kid. :cool: I didn't mention sex. Just penis :ahee: which is a body part.
mimx
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
sex
Obsessed. :rolleyes:
Grazy Cuy
Rep:
?
:ahee:
Definitely Obssessed.
Jaegon Targaryen
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm not a kid. :cool: I didn't mention sex. Just penis :ahee: which is a body part.
Seems to me she wants the D.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (130)
18.21%
It's just nice to be back! (194)
27.17%
Not great so far... (256)
35.85%
I want to drop out! (134)
18.77%

Watched Threads