This discussion is closed.
Beth_L_G
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by JoshL123)
Oh wow, that is amazing!
I have now, however, been shouted at as I stuck it up on the wall and apparently that will cause damp and ruin the walls
JoshL123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Beth_L_G)
I have now, however, been shouted at as I stuck it up on the wall and apparently that will cause damp and ruin the walls
I'm not allowed to stick anything on my walls unless its framed :P. How is revision going for you? It seems like you are going to smash unit 5!
Beth_L_G
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm not allowed to stick anything on my walls unless its framed :P. How is revision going for you? It seems like you are going to smash unit 5!
It's going quite well I think, how about you?

Hope I do. I'm retaking after I got a D in it last year, and a C, 3 ums off a B, overall

In my defence I spent most of last year in hospital or doped up on pain killers :L

What grade are you aiming for? I'm hoping for an A, A* if I've done well on the isa
JoshL123
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It's going quite well I think, how about you?

Hope I do. I'm retaking after I got a D in it last year, and a C, 3 ums off a B, overall

In my defence I spent most of last year in hospital or doped up on pain killers :L

What grade are you aiming for? I'm hoping for an A, A* if I've done well on the isa
Yeah it been going alright! Did very little today though :/. In terms of Biology, I have nearly fully revised coordination and nerves.

That is completely is completely understandable! Its amazing that you are going for an A/A*, and it definitely seems like you will achieve it ! I am going for an A/A*! I've done the ISAs as well, just waiting to hear back the marks from my second! Just worried about the synoptic essay. Got five exams in June . How about you?
Beth_L_G
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yeah it been going alright! Did very little today though :/. In terms of Biology, I have nearly fully revised coordination and nerves.

That is completely is completely understandable! Its amazing that you are going for an A/A*, and it definitely seems like you will achieve it ! I am going for an A/A*! I've done the ISAs as well, just waiting to hear back the marks from my second! Just worried about the synoptic essay. Got five exams in June . How about you?
Yeah I have 5 too. Bio4, bio5, chem4, chem5 and phys5
What ones you got?
JoshL123
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yeah I have 5 too. Bio4, bio5, chem4, chem5 and phys5
What ones you got?

Core 4, M1, Chem 5, Biol 5 and Phay 5. Physics unit 5 is an absolute nightmare. Cant get myself to open the textbook haha!
Beth_L_G
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Core 4, M1, Chem 5, Biol 5 and Phay 5. Physics unit 5 is an absolute nightmare. Cant get myself to open the textbook haha!
Oo don't envy the maths. I did a level maths in 1 year because I hated it and wanted to get it done with. Ended getting a D haha

Physics 5 is evil but luckily I only need a high E to get a B overall
Which of the optional unit are you doing?
JoshL123
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Oo don't envy the maths. I did a level maths in 1 year because I hated it and wanted to get it done with. Ended getting a D haha

Physics 5 is evil but luckily I only need a high E to get a B overall
Which of the optional unit are you doing?
I actually like maths! It the one I'm going for A* it, but I probably wouldn't have said that when I did further maths last year. The pace of learning was just to fast that I dropped it within a month or two! Wow, thats really good! I'm not too sure on what I need, given that we do EMPAS in physics :/. I'm doing astrophysics! How about you? I don't think its too bad, just boring :L
Beth_L_G
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I actually like maths! It the one I'm going for A* it, but I probably wouldn't have said that when I did further maths last year. The pace of learning was just to fast that I dropped it within a month or two! Wow, thats really good! I'm not too sure on what I need, given that we do EMPAS in physics :/. I'm doing astrophysics! How about you? I don't think its too bad, just boring :L
Also physics too! I actually enjoy the ACTUAL astrophysics (life of a star etc) but I hate all the lenses stuff -.-
Gulzar
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Guys how are you revising for this unit. DNA technology is such a tedious topic and I really dont want to write pages of notes that is already in the book
biology911
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Gulzar)
Guys how are you revising for this unit. DNA technology is such a tedious topic and I really dont want to write pages of notes that is already in the book
Instead of notes try the following:

1. Work through the relevant sections of the Nelson Thornes book, answering the summary questions as you go. They’re short questions but very probing.
  2. Alongside the above, do the questions from the current spec and the specimen paper.
  3. Ask your teachers to help you choose legacy questions that are a good match for the DNA topics. The school might have Exampro, but even if they don’t it’s a simple matter to trawl through picking out ‘good’ questions.

Good luck
Zazuwaved
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by biology911)
Instead of notes try the following:

1. Work through the relevant sections of the Nelson Thornes book, answering the summary questions as you go. They’re short questions but very probing.
  2. Alongside the above, do the questions from the current spec and the specimen paper.
  3. Ask your teachers to help you choose legacy questions that are a good match for the DNA topics. The school might have Exampro, but even if they don’t it’s a simple matter to trawl through picking out ‘good’ questions.

Good luck
True that actually works wonders...practice questions

Posted from TSR Mobile
iamgreatness
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
somebody please go through chi squared and the other statistical tests we may have to do in the empa? please im begging lol
YWArtist
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by V95)
that would be amazing - i'll pm you my email address.. thank you so much!
please could you email me this aswell?
Beth_L_G
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
For those of you that wanted a clearer image the other day hopefully this is ok Name:  DSCF8227.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  528.2 KB
HELPIMSTUCK
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
For those of you that wanted a clearer image the other day hopefully this is ok Name:  DSCF8227.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  528.2 KB
Is the Diseases and Adaptions parts for the essay?
Beth_L_G
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by HELPIMSTUCK)
Is the Diseases and Adaptions parts for the essay?
Yup. They're 2 topics that seems to come up, plus they covered pretty much most of unit 1 and 2
Zazuwaved
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I ended up buying that book, but I didnt really expect it to be THAT small! :confused:
master y
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
anyone know the ums conversions from raw marks?
Beth_L_G
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by James A)
Hang on, did my post just get deleted?

Who even moderates this forum? All that time spent, typing up my essay response and it got deleted by a mod. Great, just great.
Could you send me the essay if you have a copy of it? I don't know why it got deleted. First time I posted mine it got deleted too. I'm making a book of example essays and yours was a great example
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance
    Contemporary Dance Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Nov '19
  • University of Surrey
    All subjects except Veterinary Medicine and Guildford School of Acting Undergraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Discover Your Type of Law - LPC and GDL - Birmingham campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (200)
19.23%
Labour (443)
42.6%
Liberal Democrats (201)
19.33%
Green Party (54)
5.19%
Brexit Party (27)
2.6%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.38%
SNP (15)
1.44%
Plaid Cymru (10)
0.96%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (1)
0.1%
Sinn Fein (2)
0.19%
SDLP (1)
0.1%
Ulster Unionist (3)