The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I got an A on June 10 and a C in June 12

o.O
Original post by gingerandice
lool don't use that terminology in the exam!

I don't think I plan to, although, that is the basic jist of it.
Reply 4662
Original post by Zazuwaved
So do you reckon paper this morning might have higher boundaries? :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile

it completely depends on the paper. But the examiners usually make the exams easier and higher th boundaries as the course goes on.
Original post by rm.xo
it completely depends on the paper. But the examiners usually make the exams easier and higher th boundaries as the course goes on.

I have so much bio on he brain I thought your "completely" said "Complimentary" lol. :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

the paper is in the afternoon

Posted from TSR Mobile

Going on grade boundaries June 10 had the lowest and June 12 had the highest, so if this one follows the pattern it might mean these are even higher :/ But hopefully not!
Reply 4666
Reply 4667
Original post by surge091

You want to grow new plants, so you use the box where plantlets are formed. This is using 50:10 which is the same as 5:1

You ONLY want plantlets produced, you don't want energy wasted in growing leaves. That's why its 5:1
Original post by rm.xo
Easiest to hardest:
June 12
Specimen
June 11
June 10

(I found 10 harder than 11, but apparently thats not what everyone else thought).

Yeah, this is pretty much me but with June11+June10 swapped.

Posted from TSR Mobile

From past papers there's been a positive correlation of grade boundaries. :colondollar:
I would say yes, but who's to say they won't pull an Edexcel C3 maths 2013 :frown:
Original post by Alfred1010
Yeah, this is pretty much me but with June11+June10 swapped.

From past papers there's been a positive correlation of grade boundaries. :colondollar:
I would say yes, but who's to say they won't pull an Edexcel C3 maths 2013 :frown:

Edexcel were just CRUEL - I was BRUTALISED during that exam! :cry2:
Can anyone give a brief explanation of gene mapping how and why it is used please x
Original post by Scienceisgood
Edexcel were just CRUEL - I was BRUTALISED during that exam! :cry2:

Apparently there were some 'gcse' questions in there.

Those were the ones I probably couldn't do. :frown:
Reply 4673

You want to produce plantlets, so it's just a case of reading off of the table, cytokinin is 50 and the conc of auxin is 10, so the ratio is 5:1 :smile:
Original post by James A
the paper is in the afternoon

Right sorry I meant afternoon? :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Right sorry I meant afternoon? :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

haha yeah, you had me worried there! (otherwise I would have had to rush to school!)
Reply 4677
Does the exam start at 1.30 or 2pm??

Posted from TSR Mobile
How many topics should we aim for in the essay.
Reply 4679
Original post by LitGeek94
Can anyone give a brief explanation of gene mapping how and why it is used please x

Gene mapping or restriction mapping is the cutting of DNA using differen restriction endonucleases producing fragments that can then be separeated out by gel electrophoresis.
You can work out the position of the regocnition sites by the patterns of fragments produced from gel electrophorsis.

I think this section is more used for aplication of knowlege rather than actually knowing why it is used etc.

Latest

Trending

Trending