The Student Room Group

PHYA5 ~ 20th June 2013 ~ A2 Physics

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Technetium
Already dreading this exam! Urghh
I have started my option - Turning Points - it's really lovely and relaxed :rolleyes:

I am also doing turning points, where are you up to?
Reply 61
Original post by grimly
Haha i totally read this whole thread wrong. I came here from the jan 2013 unit 4 exam thinking this was the jan unit 5 paper :tongue:

Anyone have the jan 2013 unit 5 (astro) paper by any chance?

This unit is not sat in january, so you only have:
June 12
June 11
June 10
Thats it, unless you want some of the old spec paper which can be found either on a software called exampro or the website: Freepastpapers.
Original post by david2457
I am also doing turning points, where are you up to?

I am about to start Special Relativity, yourself?:smile:
Reply 63
This unit is not sat in january, so you only have:
June 12
June 11
June 10
Thats it, unless you want some of the old spec paper which can be found either on a software called exampro or the website: Freepastpapers.

Thanks didn't know that. The june 2012 which is the newest paper then, can't seem to find it on the aqa site. Do you have a link for the june 2012 unit 5 (astro) paper by any chance.
Reply 64
Original post by Technetium
I am about to start Special Relativity, yourself?:smile:

Ahhh, a bit behind, just did Newton Vs Huygens.

Are you teaching it to yourself? In my school TP is self taught :/
Reply 66
so anyone have a link/attach for the june 2012 unit 5 (astrophysics) paper.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 67

Wow does this mean you guys have finished nuclear and thermal? I'm finishing radioactivity this week so I'm way behind but its a marathon not a sprint haha.

If I finished all the spec so early I would have no idea what to do to revise - there's only 3 proper past papers.
Reply 68
Our teachers go through things very quickly, we've finished both sides of the course and are left to do question after question with the help of teachers in class.
Reply 69
Original post by fayled
Wow does this mean you guys have finished nuclear and thermal? I'm finishing radioactivity this week so I'm way behind but its a marathon not a sprint haha.

If I finished all the spec so early I would have no idea what to do to revise - there's only 3 proper past papers.

No, we are being taught the optional and the main bit side by side. Yeah, the issue is the low amount of past papers, we have been given very little material for the optional topic and i am very lost :confused:
Reply 70
No, we are being taught the optional and the main bit side by side. Yeah, the issue is the low amount of past papers, we have been given very little material for the optional topic and i am very lost :confused:

Using question from textbooks isn't quite the same as past papers. I have been told by my teacher we will receive a whole pack of question styled like exam paper which he has put together and will post it here if anyone would like a look at it. Last years one's were very good, it's just a mix and match of question that would go together in an exam. Awfully hard at times though.
Reply 71

Oh right that makes sense then.
Original post by jarasta
omg that is bad!!
What are you having to do then?

Just to update you: we're expecting to have a fully qualified substitute teacher from Monday onwards, and she'll be starting from scratch with the syllabus. And medical physics will be the taught optional module, with any other choice needing self-teaching. And we still need to cram in ISAs.
Reply 74
Original post by Tullia
Just to update you: we're expecting to have a fully qualified substitute teacher from Monday onwards, and she'll be starting from scratch with the syllabus. And medical physics will be the taught optional module, with any other choice needing self-teaching. And we still need to cram in ISAs.

Wow that is poor of the school. They have wasted so much of your time! I hope you will be alright, they've potential screwed people for their university places!
anyone here done the isa on shm? Please let me know.
Reply 76
People doing astrophysics, what book are you using for it?
Reply 77
Original post by darryalar
anyone here done the isa on shm? Please let me know.

Ditto, i need some help with preparation for that
Reply 78
Original post by Dirtybit
Ditto, i need some help with preparation for that

Have you done the gas laws ISA?
Original post by grimly
Using question from textbooks isn't quite the same as past papers. I have been told by my teacher we will receive a whole pack of question styled like exam paper which he has put together and will post it here if anyone would like a look at it. Last years one's were very good, it's just a mix and match of question that would go together in an exam. Awfully hard at times though.

This sounds very helpful :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest