Reply 780
Original post by The H
Yeah, i got that except I think i used 3 sig figs in the time

Would sig figs matter in this case?
Reply 781
Original post by Stellios
This means a mark of 65/72 = 100 ums?

not sure, heres the website to check out raw to ums:
http://www.aqa.org.uk/exams-administration/about-results/uniform-mark-scale/convert-marks-to-ums

they seem to vary it a bit
Reply 782
Original post by Dirtybit
Lmao... Think you've over complicated it there

Loooool.....duuuude the CYCLOTRON! I was trying to contain my laughter when I saw that :biggrin:.

How did you find the paper?
Original post by The H
Yeah, i got that except I think i used 3 sig figs in the time

Cool that was my answer too :cool: But can you remember what the part which they asked you about after was?
Reply 784
Quite and easy paper, Some tricky multiple choices as usual though.
For the fields question when it was on about the angles was it 60 or 150 and then was the next bit 5pi/6? And for the graph you just had to draw was just a simple sine graph?
Reply 785
Original post by MSI_10
Would sig figs matter in this case?

I don't think so
Reply 786
Original post by S1L3NTPR3Y
Cool that was my answer too :cool: But can you remember what the part which they asked you about after was?

Explain why time is independent of radius?

Did PI R / V is T subbed it into r=mv/bq, radius is removed from eqn so there's the explanation?
Reply 787
Original post by flashbackto1999
no there was an equal and opposite force in either side of the coil.

look up what definition of couple is.
Reply 788
what did people put for the direction of the applied magnetic force?
Reply 789
Original post by Robmarkey
For the fields question when it was on about the angles was it 60 or 150 and then was the next bit 5pi/6? And for the graph you just had to draw was just a simple sine graph?

Agree with all of that but i drew a negative sine graph instead of a normal one....
Reply 790
Original post by S1L3NTPR3Y

I think it was where you show that the time is independant of the radius? Or something like that
Original post by foximus

I said the couple answer. Is that correct? I had no idea on that one

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by foximus

Thing is surely it wouldn't be either of them then as they mean exactly the same thing? So one couldn't be wrong while the other is right? I remember putting C I think can't remember exactly what it was but it wasn't the couple or the equal and opposite forces or the "displacing the coil" option...

EDIT: Having seen the link posted by flashback I definitely didn't put C... can't remember which one I put lol
(edited 10 years ago)
For question 5 I'm fairly certain it was 60 degrees for the first one and then 5pi/6 for the second (radians) one....
Original post by foximus

It was the same question as a past paper, Q14. The mark scheme says A.

http://papers.xtremepapers.com/AQA/Physics/2003%20Jan/AQA-PA04-W-QP-JAN03.pdf
Reply 795
Original post by Robmarkey

it was 150 for max emf (this is when the magnet was next ppd to the field since it was rotating anticlockwise)
and pi/3 (ie 60) for max flux (as this occurs when magnet is parallel to the field
Original post by marcolliwright
Thing is surely it wouldn't be either of them then as they mean exactly the same thing? So one couldn't be wrong while the other is right? I remember putting C I think can't remember exactly what it was but it wasn't the couple or the equal and opposite forces or the "displacing the coil" option...

Doesnt equal and opposite forces mean that the coil will be stationary. When it is spinning, both forces are in the same direction(which is a couple), otherwise how would it spin... aduno im no genius

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 797
Original post by flashbackto1999
It was the same question as a past paper, Q14. The mark scheme says A.

http://papers.xtremepapers.com/AQA/Physics/2003%20Jan/AQA-PA04-W-QP-JAN03.pdf

WOOOOOHOOOOO! I got me.....1 mark
Original post by Jack93o
not sure, heres the website to check out raw to ums:
http://www.aqa.org.uk/exams-administration/about-results/uniform-mark-scale/convert-marks-to-ums

they seem to vary it a bit

Pshh vary my ass. Only by a couple of marks

Posted from TSR Mobile
That was a nice paper?

Away and feck. It was awful. Hopefully Unit 5 is alright

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending