The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by James A
oh nice, I'm hoping to get into Pharmacy.

Already got my offer from reading, (AAB). It's just a matter of meeting it really lol.

ooo, reading is a fun uni... you'll have a great time :biggrin: A future drug maker i see - pharm sounds like fun too !

whats the b in ?

EDIT : I'm waiting for 4 results on thurs ... absolutely bricking it esp my a2 exams lol
Original post by jojo1995
ooo, reading is a fun uni... you'll have a great time :biggrin: A future drug maker i see - pharm sounds like fun too !

whats the b in ?

EDIT : I'm waiting for 4 results on thurs ... absolutely bricking it esp my a2 exams lol

:yep: reading is amazing, such an underrated uni!

Well they didn't specify that (in bold)

But the B will be in Biology. I retook three biology exams to see if I could get an A overall, but that's looking unlikely lol. I would have needed like full ums on all three papers for that to happen.

So yeah the B in biology, A in chem and the A in maths.

I'm retaking C2 in june, it would be less stressful to have done it then and also I was a mark off an A overall in maths which took the biscuit at the time!
Reply 182
Original post by James A
:yep: reading is amazing, such an underrated uni!

Well they didn't specify that (in bold)

But the B will be in Biology. I retook three biology exams to see if I could get an A overall, but that's looking unlikely lol. I would have needed like full ums on all three papers for that to happen.

So yeah the B in biology, A in chem and the A in maths.

I'm retaking C2 in june, it would be less stressful to have done it then and also I was a mark off an A overall in maths which took the biscuit at the time!

Yeah biology is a tricky one - it honestly is a strange subject, the questions are so wierd and the mark schemes are soo dodgy!
Offft ... C2 is a fun one- I really liked it tbh- so that should be an alright retake - I think the bit not to forget about is the simulaneous cos tan sin equations and the conversion ones - I couldn't do the question last June edexcel it was like a 5/6/7 mmarker :redface:

I'm sure you'll do fab James, you seem really passionate about chem especially - the Uni days at reading are soon to come dw !
Haha yeah it is underestimated !
When I hear reading the 1sr thing that comes to Mind is the reading festival :redface: awks lol
Original post by jojo1995
Yeah biology is a tricky one - it honestly is a strange subject, the questions are so wierd and the mark schemes are soo dodgy!
Offft ... C2 is a fun one- I really liked it tbh- so that should be an alright retake - I think the bit not to forget about is the simulaneous cos tan sin equations and the conversion ones - I couldn't do the question last June edexcel it was like a 5/6/7 mmarker :redface:

I'm sure you'll do fab James, you seem really passionate about chem especially - the Uni days at reading are soon to come dw !
Haha yeah it is underestimated !
When I hear reading the 1sr thing that comes to Mind is the reading festival :redface: awks lol

haha, yep, it's a pretty big festival, quite the contrast to how professional I have to be as a pharmacist but my mates had a quality time when they went for the last couple of years. All the booze and naughtiness that goes on there lol

:colondollar:
Reply 184
Why didn't you tell me this thread existed? Now I just look silly for making a new one :wink:
Original post by Reversal
Why didn't you tell me this thread existed? Now I just look silly for making a new one :wink:

Hey Reversal! Welcome to the Unit 5 Chemistry thread! There are many resources available to access in my first post and feel free to ask any questions if you need any help :biggrin:!
Reply 186
Original post by David Tennant
Hey Reversal! Welcome to the Unit 5 Chemistry thread! There are many resources available to access in my first post and feel free to ask any questions if you need any help :biggrin:!

A personal welcome from David Tennant! I feel special :wink:
Thanks, I'll be dipping into this thread every now and again for revision. :smile:
Reply 187
Original post by Warlord
How did you all do in unit 4 :smile:
What a joe of a grade boundary.

B! Was so worried as I got D's in the past papers... But now I only need around 60UMS in U5 to get a B overall, so I am so relieved. How about you?
Look like I'll be doing Unit 1,2 & 4 along with this paper !

Hope this thread picks up soon, as I only learn from here :tongue:

Hope everyone got the grades they wanted :smile:
Reply 189
Well, that was a depressing results day! Time to crack on with the June revision then...
Original post by posthumus
Look like I'll be doing Unit 1,2 & 4 along with this paper !

Hope this thread picks up soon, as I only learn from here :tongue:

Hope everyone got the grades they wanted :smile:

Thanks Humus, yeah it really helps to talk about exam questions on the Student Room and share knowledge with others. The thread will pick up in the next few weeks in the build up to the exam period. I hope you do well in your Chemistry resits!

Original post by Warlord
What a joe of a grade boundary.
Hey Warlord, how did you get on with unit 5 and unit 4?

Original post by Gnome :)
B! Was so worried as I got D's in the past papers... But now I only need around 60UMS in U5 to get a B overall, so I am so relieved. How about you?

Congrats Gnome!:smile:
Reply 191
By the way, just thought I'd mention:
To all those worrying about redox and half equations, the data booklet (on page 19, under Standard Reduction Potentials) has got a lot of the main ones, including how many electrons and the charge and stuff. It's well worth looking at, and you just reverse the reaction for oxidation!

My worries about having to memorise the reduction of Potassium Dichromate are over! :wink:

Edit: The rest of the half equations are in the giant "Electrode Potential" section (page 14), although they don't have the number of electrons. You just need to work that out by making the charges of the left and right side match :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Warlord
What a joke of a grade boundary.

Agreed. I got a B, though :smile: More than happy, and more than pleased.
Didn't see it coming, especially as the boundaries were so ridiculous.
I'd spend time being irritated that had I gotten the same raw mark in any other year, I'd have gotten an A, but no time to waste being upset about 'would haves, could haves and should haves..' time to Unit 5 :smile:
And you? :biggrin:

Well done everyone; and it's nice to be reading these threads again.
You guys helped me for Unit 4 :yay: :yeah:
My teacher has claims that its a lot "easier" to do Unit 4 in June as grade boundaries are lower & questions easier than Jan (usually).

how true do you guys think this is? :smile:
Original post by posthumus
My teacher has claims that its a lot "easier" to do Unit 4 in June as grade boundaries are lower & questions easier than Jan (usually).

how true do you guys think this is? :smile:

Not true at all.
Original post by NutterFrutter
Not true at all.

Agreed, it's completely random chance and based on whatever Edexcel fancy dishing out.
Thanks Humus, yeah it really helps to talk about exam questions on the Student Room and share knowledge with others. The thread will pick up in the next few weeks in the build up to the exam period. I hope you do well in your Chemistry resits!

Hey Warlord, how did you get on with unit 5 and unit 4?

Congrats Gnome!:smile:

hey man, how did unit 4 go?
Original post by James A
hey man, how did unit 4 go?

Not too bad (104). I could have done slightly better though, (I really want an A*)!
How did it go for you James, and unit 5?:smile:
Not too bad (104). I could have done slightly better though, (I really want an A*)!
How did it go for you James, and unit 5?:smile:

I didn't do unit 4 :teehee: already did it before and got an A for it!

Nice one, to get in the 100's is respectable in chemistry, you must be happy with that though still?

I find out my unit 5 chem result tomoz, I'm an external candidate so my results get posted home. :colondollar:
Original post by NutterFrutter
Not true at all.

Original post by Mollymod
Agreed, it's completely random chance and based on whatever Edexcel fancy dishing out.

Damn our frickin' teachers ! They're used to students retaking anyway... maybe they're trying to mislead us.

And in general what would you expect ?

like Physics unit 4 I believe the papers are harder to get certain grades in June (including grade boundaries), so I was wondering why Chemistry unit 4 retake would be any different :s

Latest

Trending

Trending