The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2340
Original post by AtomicMan
Thought I bombed it, bot got a mid-A somehow :s-smilie: A* overall, gunna miss chemistry and our class bantz :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Chemistry banter is the best kind of banter. Practicals especially were great fun. :biggrin:
Original post by Bord3r
Chemistry banter is the best kind of banter. Practicals especially were great fun. :biggrin:

Praticals were definantly the best for banter :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Scraped an A in this which brought me to an A overall :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Got my B grade so happy ! :biggrin: Got a C in unit 5
D again in unit 4
(E in chem1 retake)

BOOM an A in chem 2 :biggrin: got a B overall with 1 point in !!!!! so happy.... I wouldn't have done it if it wasn't for these threads, thank you all so much :smile:
Original post by posthumus
D again in unit 4
(E in chem1 retake)

BOOM an A in chem 2 :biggrin: got a B overall with 1 point in !!!!! so happy.... I wouldn't have done it if it wasn't for these threads, thank you all so much :smile:

Congratulations :smile: well deserved too!

I ended up with a B in this one, and improved unit 2 by 40UMS :redface: Got an A overall, still in shock haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
D again in unit 4
(E in chem1 retake)

Well done! Similar to me :smile: I was on the B/C boundary and just about got the B with 420/600.
Got a D in Unit 5 lol. I gave up on Multiple Choice, and a C in Unit 1 retake haha.

So AS Unit 1: C, Unit 2: B, Unit 3: C, A2 Units: Unit 4: B, Unit 5: D, Unit 6: A*

Original post by LeaX
I got a B in this exam. However, my grade was brought down to a C overall as I haven't done any resits yet. I was wondering if you guys had any advice. My results for the units are A for CH01, C in CH02, C in CH04, B in CH05. My coursework was pretty shocking, too. I'm 15 UMS from a B in chemistry overall (and 75 from an A) do you think I should resit any modules?
That's a good grade for Unit 5, I got a D. I'd retake Units 4 and 2, as Unit 4 is an extension of Unit 2. To understand 4, you must understand 2, so they'd be easy to retake together. You can get the A with those retakes. At the point of June before retaking Unit 1 and doing Unit 5, I was 81 UMS from a B, and I still got it with a C in Unit 1 and D in Unit 5 so you'll be able to get the A I'm sure. :smile: Good luck.

I didn't find this Unit 5 a walk in the park at all. Maybe I was really lethargic.
Somehow got a B in Biology too, my results are so weird. For Biology my modules were
AS: Unit 1: C, Unit 2: C, Unit 3: D, A2: Unit 4 A*, Unit 5: B, Unit 6: B

So overall I got a B in Biology too which was a nice surprise.
Hope it's been a good results day for you guys and you got to where you wanted to!
It's fair to say that all of us here are happy with our results :biggrin: And that's the main thing!
Original post by Mollymod
Well done! Similar to me :smile: I was on the B/C boundary and just about got the B with 420/600.
Got a D in Unit 5 lol. I gave up on Multiple Choice, and a C in Unit 1 retake haha.

So AS Unit 1: C, Unit 2: B, Unit 3: C, A2 Units: Unit 4: B, Unit 5: D, Unit 6: A*

That's a good grade for Unit 5, I got a D. I'd retake Units 4 and 2, as Unit 4 is an extension of Unit 2. To understand 4, you must understand 2, so they'd be easy to retake together. You can get the A with those retakes. At the point of June before retaking Unit 1 and doing Unit 5, I was 81 UMS from a B, and I still got it with a C in Unit 1 and D in Unit 5 so you'll be able to get the A I'm sure. :smile: Good luck.

I didn't find this Unit 5 a walk in the park at all. Maybe I was really lethargic.
Somehow got a B in Biology too, my results are so weird. For Biology my modules were
AS: Unit 1: C, Unit 2: C, Unit 3: D, A2: Unit 4 A*, Unit 5: B, Unit 6: B

So overall I got a B in Biology too which was a nice surprise.
Hope it's been a good results day for you guys and you got to where you wanted to!

Thank you for replying. I completely forgot how linked unit 2 and 4 were so you're definitely right. I'll definitely aim for the A but if not I'd be more than pleased with a B. Well done on your results! :biggrin:
Original post by LeaX
Thank you for replying. I completely forgot how linked unit 2 and 4 were so you're definitely right. I'll definitely aim for the A but if not I'd be more than pleased with a B. Well done on your results! :biggrin:

But yeah, I really used that link in January. Did Unit 4, closely followed by Unit 2, and therefore got the same grade in both, B's. 76% in both which seems to be my lucky number :tongue: I wanted an A in Chemistry too, but with that Unit 5, I really struggled and I'm satisfied, and my Chemistry teachers were really proud of me, which made me really happy that I had made them proud, since I must have looked like a lost cause at the end of AS with 153/300 for AS initially.
Reply 2349
Got 87/120 in this unit :-(Overall:
Unit 1: 99
Unit 2: 98
Unit 3 45
Unit 4: 84
Unit 5: 87
Unit: 6: 60
Overall B :-(
Know I should be pleased considering did the whole lot in 1 year through self study and don't even have GCSE Chem but feeling a bit sad that didn't manage an A.
Any words of wisdom/encouragement would be much appreciated!
Reply 2350
Original post by TDL70
Got 87/120 in this unit :-(Overall:
Unit 1: 99
Unit 2: 98
Unit 3 45
Unit 4: 84
Unit 5: 87
Unit: 6: 60
Overall B :-(
Know I should be pleased considering did the whole lot in 1 year through self study and don't even have GCSE Chem but feeling a bit sad that didn't manage an A.
Any words of wisdom/encouragement would be much appreciated!

WAT

To do all of that in one year is AMAZING!

SELF STUDY?? o m g

I studied my guts out, did retakes and got an A overall. But i had teachers, and twice the time frame. O.o
Reply 2351
Original post by iamyoda
WAT

To do all of that in one year is AMAZING!

SELF STUDY?? o m g

I studied my guts out, did retakes and got an A overall. But i had teachers, and twice the time frame. O.o

Cheers - that has made me feel better actually :-) Congrats on your excellent results by the way. It was quite a nightmare doing it by myself really tbh but couldn't sign up for a course as abroad 50% of time so just got the textbooks and did all the practicals for AS/A2 in 4 days at a private college (which was prob most stressful 4 days ever as had done NO experiments before and there was only chance to practice each technique once before doing the actual exam papers).
Also did AS Bio papers 1&2 this summer - decided to sit them back in April so too late to do practical unit this year. Got 113 & 98 but Bio so much easier than Chem for me plus had done GCSE years ago.
p.s. sat Units 1&2 of Chem in Jan and got 79 & 91 so resat those in June.
Basically did this so could apply to Barts GEP - thought would look better to have actually achieved something before applying (they want BB in AS Chem and Bio for graduates).
You're applying for medicine, right?
Original post by Mollymod

Yessss Mollymod we made it, many congrats!!! :biggrin: It feels especially great being right near the boarder-line too doesn't it hehe :biggrin: :biggrin: So happy for you !!! :smile: & I just realized I must have got A* in unit 6 too... I got 54 :biggrin: and 36 in unit 3 which was a C just like yours :biggrin:

Original post by Gnome :)
Congratulations :smile: well deserved too!

I ended up with a B in this one, and improved unit 2 by 40UMS :redface: Got an A overall, still in shock haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yaaay Gnome well done, this is brilliant :biggrin: really really happy for you ! :grin: I am so glad I did unit 2... it gave me 26 UMS ! I revised so much for unit 4 retake.... improved 68 UMS to 70 UMS, and imagine if I didn't..... 419 would have been so darn painful :biggrin:

Anyway I wish all of you guys the best for future! & I hope you all got into where you wanted :smile:

Myself is going to be off to King's College London in September to read Computer Science :biggrin: What about you guys ??? May even see some of you at freshers ! :smile:

Have a nice weekend!
Yessss Mollymod we made it, many congrats!!! :biggrin: It feels especially great being right near the boarder-line too doesn't it hehe :biggrin: :biggrin: So happy for you !!! :smile: & I just realized I must have got A* in unit 6 too... I got 54 :biggrin: and 36 in unit 3 which was a C just like yours :biggrin:

Anyway I wish all of you guys the best for future! & I hope you all got into where you wanted :smile:

Myself is going to be off to King's College London in September to read Computer Science :biggrin: What about you guys ???
Have a nice weekend!

Absolutely :smile: It's great to be over the border for once, and not under it! A B is a B! You're not going to write on your CV that "I was one mark into the B boundary in A-Level Chemistry!"
I got 54 too, which is 38/40, and I had 33/40 in Unit 3 I think. My mum has made the UCAS congratulations track page her desktop background :biggrin: Good luck! Well done :smile:

Off to Colchester in Essex to study Biochemistry :cool:
I got 102 in the exam and because of my course work and unit 4 I managed to get an A* in Chemistry overall :smile:

Good luck with everything, tremendous things are in store for all of us!!
Reply 2355
I got an A on this exam (102).

Happy with that, considering the boundaries were so high this year :eek:

EDIT: LOL someone's mad
EDIT2: Thanks Mollymod. Well done for getting into uni btw!
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Hopefulmedstudent
I got 102 in the exam and because of my course work and unit 4 I managed to get an A* in Chemistry overall :smile:

Good luck with everything, tremendous things are in store for all of us!!

That's fantastic! Well done Exon and Hopefulmedstudent :biggrin:

Yaaay Gnome well done, this is brilliant :biggrin: really really happy for you ! :grin: I am so glad I did unit 2... it gave me 26 UMS ! I revised so much for unit 4 retake.... improved 68 UMS to 70 UMS, and imagine if I didn't..... 419 would have been so darn painful :biggrin:

Myself is going to be off to King's College London in September to read Computer Science :biggrin: What about you guys ??? May even see some of you at freshers ! :smile:

Have a nice weekend!

Wow, that's close aha! But who cares, a B is a B :tongue: Congrats; KCL looks lovely :smile: I thankfully got my grades and so will be going to University of Edinburgh to study nursing :smile: Not long left now! Good luck with everything :smile:
Reply 2358
after getting 81 on this exam i was left with 479/600 , 1 ums of an A :'( ive sent for a remark but the grade boundaries look stupid , it hardly seems fair that my units have gone A A A A A C , i mean seriously wtf
Reply 2359
Original post by wtpcarr
after getting 81 on this exam i was left with 479/600 , 1 ums of an A :'( ive sent for a remark but the grade boundaries look stupid , it hardly seems fair that my units have gone A A A A A C , i mean seriously wtf

That's really irritating - hope you get the extra mark :-)

Latest

Trending

Trending