gjrevans
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I just got my first Passbook card and to be honest, I'm pretty impressed.

I've also been reading some blogs about the actual adoption of these cards by large and small scale businesses and I'm really curious what sort of things other people see Passbook being used for? I read that someone manually converted their IKEA card to a passbook card. Will converting your own cards catch on?

Personally I'd really like my Gym Membership card in Passbook and perhaps the loyalty cards I keep in my wallet.

I'm simply just curious, do you think Passbook will catch on in the mainstream? If so, what card would you you like to have in your passbook instead of in your Wallet?
myblueheaven339
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by gjrevans)
I just got my first Passbook card and to be honest, I'm pretty impressed.

I've also been reading some blogs about the actual adoption of these cards by large and small scale businesses and I'm really curious what sort of things other people see Passbook being used for? I read that someone manually converted their IKEA card to a passbook card. Will converting your own cards catch on?

Personally I'd really like my Gym Membership card in Passbook and perhaps the loyalty cards I keep in my wallet.

I'm simply just curious, do you think Passbook will catch on in the mainstream? If so, what card would you you like to have in your passbook instead of in your Wallet?
If I'm honest, I'm not really sure what the point of it is or how it works. I've never heard of anyone using it so perhaps you could enlighten me?!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
gjrevans
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by myblueheaven339)
If I'm honest, I'm not really sure what the point of it is or how it works. I've never heard of anyone using it so perhaps you could enlighten me?!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Essentially it's just a way to store digital cards on your cellphone or iPod touch. For instance, instead of carrying around a giftcard you could add a gift card to passbook. AirMiles has an example Passbook pass - http://bit.ly/V8sXua. Go to the link on an iPod or iPhone in safari to check out the card.
shanghaichica
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yes I use it for Starbucks. I can pay for my drinks with my iPod touch.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (23)
6.73%
They might tell the bully (33)
9.65%
I don't think they'd understand (52)
15.2%
It might lead to more bullying (132)
38.6%
There's nothing they could do (102)
29.82%

Watched Threads