mujahid_e3
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I just started learning to drive im into my 6th lesson and im having problems with the instructor mainly his timing issues and giving me less time than what i paid for.
First lesson he arrived 10 mins late and gave lesson for 50mins
Second lesson he arrived 5 mins early but again a 50 mins lesson
third lesson 10 mins late and 45 mins lesson

after that i said to him nicely i understand he may come late but regardless can I actually receive the full hour i paid for and he said sorry and from next lesson we will do one hour.

So on the 4th lesson he was very moody and did come on time, started to shout at random things for like me not stopping even though i was in the right.
5th lesson was terrible he kept checking his phone and just told me to drive so he can see what he should teach next that would improve current knowledge.. and again gave a 50 mins lesson

6th lesson was similar to 5th.

He is a very good instructor that didnt shout and made me drive comfortably until i spoke to him about the timing but after that i started to notice a drop in quality and some random mood changes..

I'm rather concerned and i am thinking about changing instructors as i want someone who is consistent and will give me the mins i am paying for... I really don't want to give this one up as he is very good but his mood and timing is putting me off what should i do?

Please help as i want to pass very soon.

Thanks
tinman1
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Are you with a company or he is an independant instructor? If its with BSM for example then you can change, but if not then just call it a day as it's not on to give you a combined total of 1 hour less than you've paid for.
mujahid_e3
Rep:
?
(Original post by tinman1)
Are you with a company or he is an independant instructor? If its with BSM for example then you can change, but if not then just call it a day as it's not on to give you a combined total of 1 hour less than you've paid for.
It's an independent instructor

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
username919394
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'd definitely change instructors if I were you.
There's nothing worse than having a crap/moody instructor, I had one and used to be so nervous and just dreaded having the lesson so I didn't actually end up learning much. Soon as I changed to another instructor I was fine
Maybe ask around and see who your friends have gone with, they might be able to suggest someone else?
mujahid_e3
Rep:
?
(Original post by IndiaCaitlinn)
I'd definitely change instructors if I were you.
There's nothing worse than having a crap/moody instructor, I had one and used to be so nervous and just dreaded having the lesson so I didn't actually end up learning much. Soon as I changed to another instructor I was fine
Maybe ask around and see who your friends have gone with, they might be able to suggest someone else?
thanks for that, will see how he is in the next lesson and if he is still being moody then will definitely change.. He was very good and calm in the first few lessons but after i said about his timing he seemed to change.
Sparklees
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Change instructors. My last instructor was bad with timing too, he would cancel lessons the day before I was having them or even just a few hours before. Then he was 20 mins late one time and then the last straw was when I waited 30 mins and then decided to go shopping instead. When I was on the bus I saw him outside a shop having a chit chat!! He texted me that evening saying he came at 12.15 and I wasn't in...the lesson was supposed to be at 11.30! He said sorry and I decided to stop lessons with him. Oh and one time he got me to pick up his friend during my lesson! There was 3 weeks until my test (which i had booked 12 weeks in advance) and I was nowhere near ready so I cancelled it. He texts me sometimes asking if I want more lessons and special offers that he's doing. No thanks. Got myself a new instructor he's much better, if he's running late he texts me and even if he's late I get my full hour. Definitely change instructor if I was you, he's taking the mick
mujahid_e3
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sparklees)
Change instructors. My last instructor was bad with timing too, he would cancel lessons the day before I was having them or even just a few hours before. Then he was 20 mins late one time and then the last straw was when I waited 30 mins and then decided to go shopping instead. When I was on the bus I saw him outside a shop having a chit chat!! He texted me that evening saying he came at 12.15 and I wasn't in...the lesson was supposed to be at 11.30! He said sorry and I decided to stop lessons with him. Oh and one time he got me to pick up his friend during my lesson! There was 3 weeks until my test (which i had booked 12 weeks in advance) and I was nowhere near ready so I cancelled it. He texts me sometimes asking if I want more lessons and special offers that he's doing. No thanks. Got myself a new instructor he's much better, if he's running late he texts me and even if he's late I get my full hour. Definitely change instructor if I was you, he's taking the mick
thanks for that seems like your person really did just mess around. The thing is i already block booked so i have another 4 lessons to go before i can actually quit or ill be throwing away money.. Hope the 4 lessons can change my mind, have already spoken to a few recommended instructors just incase i do change.
ROG.
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
You are in charge of who instructs you so change instructors

If you are a student then stop thinking like one - you cannot change uni tutors to suit yourself but this is the real world where you are paying another so take charge
Coffeegirl
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The thing is i already block booked so i have another 4 lessons to go before i can actually quit or ill be throwing away money.
This the reason why block booking without a trail lesson is NOT good idea :/
yas_1729
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Change cuz you need someone experienced and patient

Posted from TSR Mobile
Emily115
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I recommend that you change instructor, I've had a few, for similar reasons. It's important to remember that you're the one paying for lessons, and at the end of the day, you're paying for someone to teach you for a certain amount of time. If they don't give you the amount of time you've paid for and you're unhappy with him for other reasons, then it would probably be a good idea to look at getting someone else. Every instructor has the ability to teach, so don't be put off by the fact that he's 'good' and you're worried that other people may not be. By the sound of it, he likes getting his own way and turning up late, etc., and then he doesn't like it when you mention it to him. If you're unhappy, you don't have to put up with him and you're also entitled to money back if you don't have all the lessons. Hope you get it sorted! (:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Pipsqueak :)
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I changed instructors twice - one for timekeeping and the other because he kept shouting at me rather than explaining quietly where I was going wrong which brought me close to tears once.

I'm so glad I changed as with my new instructor I passed in under 3 months so its better for you money wise in the long run

Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (102)
24%
No (323)
76%

Watched Threads